Concession stand food/drink expectations

Oh, but they do....only the “south side sucks!” chant has far less volume and gusto.

I'm assuming the South Side is the side with the benches and the North Side is the side you come in from?

I've been there twice, but sat behind the Cats bench each game. The rain game when we won in overtime (2018?) was a blast!

NORTH SIDE SUCKS.
I sit on the south side........but it’s all in good fun. The north side only slightly sucks when compared to the mighty south side.

so the north side is like the east side of THF then :slight_smile:

See you on the west side.

1 Like

I don't consume alcohol at sporting events. I don't see the point in doing that. The game itself is enjoyable and you have to drive home afterwards and risk a DWI.

Plus alcohol is a diuretic and causes you to visit the restroom constantly.

Plus building a ladder of beer cups (done in the XFL and perhaps in the CFL) distracts why you are at the game to begin with.

Plus alcohol leads to fights in the stands over stupid stuff -- ECHL hockey fights in the stands for example. Seen a bunch of those.

4 Likes

No - - SOUTH SIDE SUCKS! . . . . . :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

When you spend $12 for a beer you are supporting your team, concessions are a huge money maker for teams. For the Riders it's $1.5 MILLION, for the Esks it's $3.5 MILLION - (financial statement 2020) For the Bombers they show concessions and merchandise together $8.5 Million
Football fans drink a lot of beer, eat a lot of pricey burgers and pizza and they have fun while doing it, not aware of how many have been caught drinking and driving.

3 Likes

you sound fun.

I'll buy you a beer if you come to THF.

2 Likes

Three o’clock, home opener, under the scoreboard. No weapons.
I’ll be the one in that Al’s shirt.

1 Like

Good advice for Quakers and old ladies.

2 Likes

Good one! I don't live in Ottawa but trying to re-route the holiday travels to be there on that Saturday . . . but with only 15 000 seats available that one should be sold out. That said I'll look for you on TV and you can beat me up virtually.

1 Like

Just remember , he'll be the guy with the Alouette shirt on . :grinning:

1 Like

I was just gonna buy you a beer.
I’ll virtually drink it for you.

2 Likes

Three fifteen. Under the scoreboard. No weapons. Al’s shirt.

1 Like

Why are you wearing Al's shirt?
Sorry, a little pet peeve of mine

I’m from Montreal. I wear it to every game, no matter who’s playing.
Fans in my section know me well, and call me “Alouette.”

1 Like

Even better!- - If I don't get to the game I will drink a couple extra in the hotel room where ever I end up.

2 Likes

You missed my Joke

It should be Als' not Al's

1 Like

Between you and Madjack I feel like I’m in grade three grammar class.

2 Likes