Compelling Saturday CFL Dramas

After seeing a couple replays close-up Mattster will walk back his comments about the hit. But remember, Venable plays the game as if every game is a Grey Cup match.

This was the last play of the game - and the Sask’n player was still viable to score - before Venable TKO’d him. A vicious hit? Indeed!
Illegal? Questionable!
Anyways Riders had exhausted their timeouts so Corky Jones couldn’t advance the ball 15 yds and have one extra play from approx. the Als 15 yd line.
The refs obviously couldn’t determine head to head contact so nothing was called.
Once the guys in the CFL office shake off their weekend bender - I suspect Venable will be fined the max.
As for a potential suspension. Don’t make it for the Als meaningless final 1 or 2 games.
Make it for their first game or two next season. :cowboy:

What did you guys think of Vernon Adams' game yesterday?

It's always interesting to see the first game of a new QB who may be in the CFL for a while.

I thought he did well for the most part given the weather. Good composure, mobile. Arm strength might be a question although again the weather was tough, new receivers and a few drops. I'm looking forward to his next start.

Crappy playing conditions on a team that just released it’s best offensive player, and he played his guts out. It was sort of the classic first CFL start, he tucked the ball down and scrambled a lot, kind of reminded me of Rocky Butler 10 years ago. He’s a very slippery guy to tackle. He was sacked 6 times and probably could have been sacked at least 6 more that he escaped from.

I agree he played his guts out. Kept his composure throughout through good and bad.

X4
I called him Vernon “Wack A Mole” Adams Jr. … hard to hit him. He was a bit jumpy/happy feet, maybe next game he’ll settle in more.

That was a complete garbage hit and should have been called not by the ref in the trail position because he is watching for McKnight`s feet to see if he step out but surely another ref should have called it. Veneble deserved an ejection and a 25 yard penalty applied. This would have left the Riders on the 1 yard line.

Now the Riders didn``t play well enough to deserve the win but they also didn`t deserve to lose when a sure peanlty should have been called.

We keep hearing the league is so concerned about head injuries and yes this is a contact sport and sometimes things happens, but this was a player jumping off his feet and leading with his helmet to make contact with another player. The fact he made head contact even makes it worse.

The panel yuking it up about the hit perhaps should have seen the replay before commenting. They made themselves look very stupid in my opinion.

The league should in fact suspend Veneble for one game. there is no place for a dirty and unneccessary hit that could possible end a players career. Its` time for the league to nut up or shut up on player safety and how they handle this situation will be very telling.