Comparrison...

Now - I know it's early on the season, but I'm wondering if Miles is starting to look like a certain #5 we had a short while ago...

Afraid of taking a hit, "alligator arms", etc, BUT be doesn't call out his QB...

Sigpig,

It was just that one pass, that he was afraid to get hit. Overall, I thought he played well.

I thought that on the pass in question that the replay showed the ball being deflected by the defender.

Did anyone else spot this? I know the TSn announcer didn't.

Actually,

good point. It could have been deflected. It did look like Miles was shying away from a big hit, though.

I thought that on the pass in question that the replay showed the ball being deflected by the defender.

Did anyone else spot this? I know the TSn announcer didn't.

Yes, I believe it was deflected and Miles was lining up for the catch. The way I saw it.

I agree, it was deflected. HOWEVER - he didn't lay himself out there to make the catch.

Sorry Sig, terrible comparison... both in effort and attitude.

Boss: Why are you late?
Employee: I missed the bus
Boss: What?? You mean to tell me you didn't lay yourself out to catch it????

The ball was deflected by the defender.

In watching the replay, I deduced that he didn't have to lay out to make the catch. He was already positioned to receive it. He did, however, layout on a couple of other passes. Printers didn't have his best day, today.

This is just my opinion.

Tony Miles's shortcomings are the least of this team's worries, frankly. He doesn't alligator very much to be compared to Craig Yeast, to be blunt.

Oski Wee Wee,

Owwwwwwww BURN!!.......lol

Sometimes self-preservation instincts surface
in an 171 lb football player, so what, sig?

Are you accusing Tony of being soft
because of this particular play?

Nobody accuses quarterbacks of
being soft when they avoid hits.

The same consideration should be given
to an 171 lb slotback occassionally, IMO.

Tony has proven he can take a hit.

He took some tough hits today.

Not a chance.

Miles is th real deal.

it’s just a communication thing between him and Printers.

“I thought that on the pass in question that the replay showed the ball being deflected by the defender.”

sure looked like it to me