Commissioner Town Hall - Review

The group I hang around with are big time NFL fans, they feel they have to choose come playoff time. They don’t attend or watch a CFL playoff game because they are on Sundays. They also don’t watch the Grey Cup because its at the same time as the NFL and/or Sunday night football.

The last CFL game these guys attended? - The Friday night “Wiggles” playoff game in Toronto. They travelled to Toronto to support the Cats, cause it was on a Friday night.

Maybe a good game at THF would change their attitude as I find when they go to the new stadiums and the game is good you can convert them from the NFL only crowd . Thats the case at TD Place .

For some the CFL is just a lost cause ; the smaller crowds/stadium , the three downs , the less amount of long drives , refereeing etc… just turns them off and they just don’t care whenever the game is on . They have only one love and it’s the NFL . I have a feeling the Sunday is just more of an excuse not to watch .

There are many like you in the same boat with many NFL only friends or family but I hope it never stops you from enjoying and supporting the CFL . Good for you for
defying the trend and being true to the CFL .

Moving rhe season back to late May/early June is a clear winner! GC on Saturday is also a winner, as it was years ago. Itz one game folks, no way it is going to be affected by HNIC which runs every Saturday. Wven Leaf fans ( I am one) will pick GC over Leaf game, or at least will switch back and forth between the two. There’s another HNIC game next week! I would like to see more Sunday afternoon games; what is better than a pre-game tailgate followed by a game in the summer/fall sun?!

I think Sm2005 the last time the Grey Cup was successful on Saturday is when they didn’t allow sports be played on Sundays. That’s a completely different era for the CFL .

I also would like to see more Sunday afternoon games but in the fall when the weather changes . Saturday as well .

Not sure about wanting to watch football games live on a cool night in May with hockey still in full gear every night of the week . The Stanley Cup playoff marathon is a way of life in this country . Now you have the Raptors as well to fight for attention in May . That’s a fight for a viewer that is not necessary .

I think a afternoon game in the fall is not only traditional it lends itself to tailgating and other aspects we expect with Canadian or American style football that are a bonus .