Commissioner to start fining teams for leaked information

Naylor gives some more insight from what he understands going on behind the scenes

https://post.futurimedia.com/ckstam/playlist/10/listen-27579.html?cb=1603288843.707412&futurishared=27579&station=CKSTAM#.X5DNQgQYrQc.twitter

As far as a business plan. There was never a formal plan presented by Ambroise. What has been going on are updates every week or so as things are still very fluid with Covid.

Until fans are allowed back in the stands, what realistic business plan could there be?

If a team generates 15-20 million a year in game day sales, how do you magically replace that?

Concerns that if they don't play in 2021 then the league could just mothball until Covid is over.

Until a vaccine is approved, I don't see how the league could get an estimated time frame from health officials on when fans will be allowed back.

Anything short of an 18 game season with fans will need to have a revised CBA hence the league would fine for leaks like any other league does.

1 Like

Randy Fines teams for leaking information and this is his update??

See you next month.

Thanks for nothing! :rage:

It’s one of those dammed if you do and dammed if you don’t situations. I think it’s best that they talk via TSN for now, per Naylor. I think he said it best here.

Will CFL teams be allowed to have full stadiums next summer? It doesn’t seem likely. But just what percentage of capacity will be allowed – if any at all – is impossible to guess. It seems as if the league is counting on the restrictions that currently prevent fans from being in stadiums being lifted. But to what degree?

When will we see a schedule? Good question. Or could we see multiple schedules for different scenarios? Never say never.

Could it be a 21-week, 18-game season played in home stadiums? Unlikely, given the losses teams are expected to take with reduced numbers of fans in the stands. Could we see a return to the 10-week bubble? Maybe. A nine-game schedule played in home stadiums before fans? Perhaps.

The point is no one knows, so demanding answers to questions that can’t possibly be answered right now is a waste of time.

It’s best Ambroise says nothing until what would have been the state of the league address and say what he can…which probably won’t be much.

1 Like

There's really not much to say other than what he said. We'll just have to wait and see what state the country is in 6 months from now when they'll really have to start making concrete plans for the 2021 season.

An accessible vaccine is of course not guaranteed, but there is reason to be hopeful:

2 Likes

Maybe this is for a different thread but the league will have a virtual Grey Cup week - November 16 – 22 with a state of the league address happening on the Monday as opposed to the traditional Friday morning, so that would be on November 16.

I'm sure those who criticize the league for being too quiet will not look for something else to pile on.....Midani standing by....

"It’s a nice morsel for some fans to eat up for another few weeks but now the fans are expecting something more substantial than what we heard from Ambrosie on the Green Zone on Thursday.

He gave us a passionate promise that league officials are trying their hardest to get football back on the field in 2021, but I don’t think trying or hoping for is going to cut it for the fans tuning into Ambrosie’s speech.

And I honestly don’t think they’ll be let down. I believe a plan or plans will be in place by then to get the CFL back next season. If not, stay tuned for my commentary on Nov. 17."

there is a group of mover n shakers in toronto that think toronto deserves a nfl team

when there was talk of bills moving to toronto many bills players expressed disdain about playing for a cdn team - also many of the c$250 [xchange rate is a killer] tix were not sold - something not being talked about on sports shows - i really dont think an nfl [w/ nfl prices] would succeed in toronto - yes, raps did bit vancouver grizzlies did not - and now jury is out on jays playing again in toronto [ps - i am toronto born n bred n am a sports fan n love the argos!]

1 Like

Paul Godfrey isn’t a mover and shaker. Every enterprise he has been in control has fizzled

Need more Argo fans like yourself.

Get the word out.

1 Like

john candy would have made for a great cfl commish
he put so much time n effort into promoting the argos

1 Like

Gone too soon.

Would have a great ambassador for the CFL.

1 Like