Commissioner is failing

He pretty much himself admits that these guys fell in his lap last minute. He just got lucky.

Lastman’s involvement in getting helping with the deal is all about networking. It’s all about who you know.

At the time of the Grey Cup they we’re weeks away from finalizing things with the Lenkovs/Claridge and then effectively Stern & Stiegel gave them a better offer after meeting with Ambroise and selling him on the league’s vision.

Doesn’t seem like a fail to me

Not a fail because he didn’t manage to screw it up, but not a win either.

Stern made it clear that he and Spiegel haven’t even looked at the books, so this really was a purchase on a whim, they were all in from the get go. Ambrosie pretty much just had to avoid saying that the League was struggling with little hope for the future, and they would’ve purchased the team.

Stern literally fell onto Ambrosie’s lap at the last minute, and Ambrosie should really be thanking Lastman, Young, and Stern for essentially saving his job.

Post of 2020 so far.

Very well Said. Commiss looked shaky at best yesterday and today. But very lucky this deal came through. I personally feel the deals he has been pushing are terrible and offer little value to CFL.
Only making CFL look small time. Need a real smart positive replacement soon!! Cheers!

I know one thing for certain, most of us didn’t know anything about the sale details and S&S as new owners took us by surprise. I don’t know when the decision was made about the offers but even the reporters seemed clueless. THE CFL HAS FOUND OUT WHO WAS LEAKING INFO and plugged the hole. I suspect BC situation is also very private.

Little information came out about details of the sale but the new owners don’t seem concerned about the League and finances as some would have us believe. That tells me that between the Grey Cup revenue sharing, TSN/RDS TV and radio deal, ESPN TV deal and some of the other media revenue has placed the CFL in a reasonable position going forward.

I am curious to know what this partner strategy will be like between TSN and the CFL going forward. I thought I saw some evidence of it by having TSN break the news about the ownership meeting but don’t know, just guessing. I would also like to know the details of the TSN TV rights and what the up side is to the agreement. We were told 50 million base but could be alot more. Like a 19% increase in Grey Cup numbers and how does that translate to $$? For a small 9 team league always something - that has to be by design.

Im going to go on the positive.
The Commish dual Grey Cup announcement for 2020 & 2021 GC.
2020 in sask.
2021 in hamilton
This completes the circuit of all the new & modern renovated stadiums in the CFL.

Also the harder you work, the “luckier” you tend to be.

Luck is the residue of design.

Branch Rickey