Comments from a life-long Bomber fan

Hi gang.

Firstly, a bit of background. I've been following the CFL since 1972. I clearly remember the Ian Sunter field goal to clinch the Grey Cup for the Tabbies. My parents were friends of Buddy Tinsley, a Hall of Fame Bomber OL, during the huge Bomber/TiCat rivalry during the 50's and 60's, and I've heard many stories of that rivalry.

I've always admired the fans of your team. Through good years and bad, the TiCats have always had a very passionate fanbase. I've always cheered for the Cats, as long they weren't playing the Bombers!

Even though your team defeated my team last week, it was one of those losses that I could accept...somewhat!

I was very glad to see Otis Floyd get up after that collision. That was a hellacious (and clean) hit. I don't believe either player meant for that to be a helmet to helmet hit.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that the Ti-Cats do have a fan west of the ON/MB border.

Good luck for the rest of the season. I'd love to see a crossover Grey Cup between the Bombers and the Cats.

Zog

Some of the best games I have ever seen have been with the Bombers( Bud Grant and the great bomber teams of the past). The CFL has given its fans some great games to watch. Good luck to you and your team out there in Winnipeg. :thup:

Bombers Suck.

And cheat.

Gracious comments from a life long Bomber fan - too bad some of ours can't show the same class.

For the next two weeks I'll be a big Bomber fan too - please kick the crap out of the Argos!!!

Faloney v. Ploen in November = the drama of the CFL at its finest. Best wishes for the rest of the season except if, you know. :wink:

Oski Wee Wee,

Zontar and Captain Kirk --- show some respect to a very respectful post...

C'mon, just funnin'.

Bombers are eastern rivals.

I couldn't help but laugh at Zontar's post. It was so funny following that "gracious" post.

There is no room for graciousness in football. (That's a joke too)

If its any consolation, it made me laugh!! And, I knew it was all in jest. Nice posts all 'round.

Zontar is a blast!!! He makes everybody around here "walk on eggshells".

Low-class remarks are what they are spoken by.... .... ...!

He may have you fooled but not everyone! :wink:

They don't "cheat" they just don't play by the rules.....lol

Love 'em or hate 'em, Zontar always presents his argument in a rational, level headed way. If your going to post comments based solely on passion or opinion he will point out the errors of your reasoning. Personally, I find it refreshing. If your on the receiving end...too bad. Suck it up. Not everybody will agree with your opinion. The problem that you have, is someone will actually call you out on it, and the only recourse is to moan about his comments with no actual rebuttal.

I actually laughed at those posts as well!

That spying incident was low class, and so was Coach Kelly's reaction.

Good luck against the Als/Colts/CFL'ers/Stallions this week! :rockin:

I think you misspelled "passive-aggressive". I'm mostly kidding.

I don't recall ever having any beef with Zontar myself, but there seems to be a direct correlation between the number of Zontar posts in a thread and the probability that the mods will eventually feel a need to lock it.

Bombers suck.

Nothing "passive" about it.

It's a non issue. It was handled internally. Next question.

Nothing?

Okay, guys have a nice day.

:lol:

Congrats on a great start to the season! Looks like you guys have a much better chance of making it to the Grey Cup than we do!

Of course some of the best games you've seen have been against the Bombers!

There are only 7 teams available to play against!!!

Take away Calgary, Edmonton, BC and Saskatchewan (we play them less) and basically we're left with WINNIPEG and TORONTO. This edition of the Al's are too "new" to have a history of great games and the old Rough Riders went belly up (and they s.uck).

So that's just the odds! :stuck_out_tongue:

ps - Very nice post by the poster. I feel sorry for you guys. Mike Kelly is a joke. I hope your fans can live with this guy for now and hopefully get a real coach soon! Good luck in the upcoming weeks Bombers fan! :slight_smile:

Sorry Zog _ Dont think the Bombers will make it to the G.C in 2009, But it is allmost sold out so no harm in dreaming eh!! btw - Ticats have had a history of drawing on Bomber QB,s Dieter Brock , Matt Dunnigan, Kahari Jone,s and Now Kevin Glen. AND in 1972 Ticats aquired the Bombers top reciever from the 1971 season AND converted him to DB !! Maybe Obie can convince Steagal to come out of retirement and Play Corner for Hamilton :stuck_out_tongue: :twisted: