COME ON TORONTO SUPPORT THE ARGOS !!!

Oh man, that author is grasping at straws, anything to try and make the CFL look bad, it's actually a funny read though because you can tell the author is grasping as I say.

Anyone who takes a piece of 'journalism' like this seriously needs professional help. :stuck_out_tongue:

And yes chief, stupidity is the operative word for this as you say.

Very creative article as well, it's rare you'll find an article about the Argos or CFL trying to make it as a "NFL is coming to Toronto article." :lol:

I guess the movers and shakers in Toronto, those that "covet" an NFL team, better start making the RC into a stadium that Goodell says won't get the city a team in it's current state. I'm sure soon we'll be reading how Rogers or someone is going to pump milions into it to make it "Goodell ready". :lol:

Well I did like the part about find the endzone would be nice. It would be the offensive was brutal last season.

True enough ugo on that, that was decent on the author's part I will say. :wink:

I donā€™t know if creative is the word Iā€™d useā€¦ thatā€™s just some terrible, terrible writing right there. It annoys me how more and more journalists are attempting to emulate fiction writers. More often than not, they come across as total morons.

Chief, I was being sarcastic that it is rare to find an article that is saying the "NFL is coming to Toronto" type of thing and such articles being creative or novel in any sense since they are a dime a dozen since the dawn of mankind. 8)

These jokers watched Slap shot too many times they all want to be Dickie Dunn.

Gotcha. :oops: I just get a little irked when I see bad writing. :lol:

I hear ya. A lot, not all but a lot, of CFL articles out of the Toronto media are basically a joke. If the Argos do well this year then will the Toronto media, for their very own team congratulate them? Probably not, this same writer we're talking about now with the Sun will probably say 'hey, it's the CFL, with just 8 teams it's so easy to win anyways' rather than, as I say, be proud of the fact their team has turned it around and in a position to win their country's national football championship that is historic. A lot of them will stab their brother in the back and laugh about it but hey, that's Toronto for you, at least some of them in that city. Maybe not just Toronto I suppose to be honest, just more likely to be Toronto I think.

I refuse to buy the ā€œitā€™s easier to win in the CFLā€ argument. Think about itā€¦ Could you imagine if the Patriots and Colts had to face each other four times a season? 'Cause thatā€™s how many times the Eskimos and Roughriders will meet this year.

I agree Chief, just saying there are certain reporters who live in a city and rather than congratulating their team for winning or turning it around will just have to say something negative because thatā€™s who they are, some wonā€™t even be able to congratulate the team that plays in their city. Reporters like that are the type who couldnā€™t fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

Oh, I know. That's largely why I don't bother reading those papers. If I want news on the CFL, I'll go to TSN, or some times the CBC or the Edmonton Sun.

Reporters are a dime a dozen, so many of them fighting for so little positions. They try to be funny or negative so they can get their name out there. Take the Post about the Argos new turf the reporter at the sun writes ā€œThe difference between the new AstroTurf and FieldTurf is with the way the artificial roots are weaved ā€” and weā€™re not talking Donald Trumpā€™s hairā€

Like seriously do you have to bash another person to make you article funny. Just explain the new turf then f*** off.

:lol: :thup:

I caught that line, too. ugo. It's sad what journalism has become...