Collaros very very close to practicing

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

If he comes near our bench ya better believe it'll be #89 who will wind up on his butt! Somebody will knock him the Ef-out :smiley: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :smiley:

Tuesday morning reports out of Montreal say Carter, who’d been sitting out with headaches, is practising and Kevin Glenn still is not, out with an inflamed eye. In all prep for the upcoming game with Hamilton, Cato has been the first team QB.

That would be more encouraging if Cato hadn't kicked our butts last year - and that was with Collaros in the line up.

And ironically the last time we played in Montreal we walked away with a victory 23-11 with Mathews as our starting QB in Kevin Glenn's debut as the Al's new QB.
Our other two games against Montreal last year were both losses with Collaros as our starter and Cato starting for the Als.

Huh ? Jeff Mathews played in Montreal and got the Cats the 1st win there in years. And yes they beat us at THF by 3 points thats hardly a butt kicking :slight_smile:

lol. Thanks disciplineandpunish, mjolnir is an old nick name from long ago and the 77 is in respect to Grover Covington, loved to watch him play. Met him in a line up once after a game, before they had to catch the bus, and bought him a sub. Great guy, funny as hell when i spoke to him.

Matthew Scianitti ?@TSNScianitti 7m7 minutes ago
Zach Collaros is 9 months past ACL surgery @ExperienceMatt & @CFLonTSN continue to capture the comeback #Ticats #CFL

Marshall Ferguson ?@TSN_Marsh 29m29 minutes ago
#Ticats practice notes,
1) Collaros rolled to his right smooth and quick
2) Collaros threw a ball 60 yds
3) Collaros Collaros Collaros #CFL

People in the media are really going nuts about Collaros coming back, happy as hell to hear he is progressing well...a 60 yard bomb is a weapon that Masoli simply does not have in his arsenal, but still I hope people realize there is going to need to be some breathing room for the guy after not playing for a year, just hoping the pressure doesn't explode if he struggles in his first couple games.

With that said...COLLAROS COLLAROS COLLAROS! :rockin: I am excited to see #4 back in action he really has become the king of Tigertown, still don't expect him to start until Sask game but Wpg is sounding like a possibility at this point.

If Collaros starts next week, he may be able to put up some big numbers. Currently, 3 of the 5 Wpg starting dbs are out with injuries.

My guess is that he doesn't even dress until after the bye and then is maybe used for a feW series during the game or maybe just mop up duty to help him get into better "game shape".

Look to see Zach Maybe in the next home game. Just my opinion. :wink: :cowboy:

Matthew Scianitti ?@TSNScianitti 2m2 minutes ago
Collaros not taking 1st team reps at #Ticats practice. Austin says if Collaros not ready he wont dress. Don't read that as any setbacks #CFL

Matthew Scianitti ?@TSNScianitti 4m4 minutes ago
Austin says Collaros "is close" but still awaiting clearance from medical staff. AGAIN, don't assume there are any setbacks #CFL

steve milton ?@miltonatthespec 20m20 minutes ago
"Don't know yet. He's really close. We'll see how next cpl of days go." Kent Austin on Zach Collaros playing in Winnipeg. #CFL #Ticats

If he isn’t ready, he isn’t ready. The team has 10 days between the WPG game and the BC one. That gives Zach a LOT of time to prepare (and the rest of the guys to nurse their nagging injuries back to health too).

Matthew Scianitti ?@TSNScianitti 2h2 hours ago
Kent Austin says Zach Collaros will not play this Wed vs. #Bombers Again: "Getting close" #Ticats play #Lions 10 days after WPG #CFL

Whatever the decision maybe, I trust Kent and his staff to make the right one for the player and the team.

I guess its safe to say Collaros is very very very very close to returning. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :smiley:

Matthew Scianitti ?@TSNScianitti 6m6 minutes ago
As #Ticats begin preparations for Saturday's trip to BC, hearing Zach Collaros will lead first team offence to start the practice week #CFL :thup: