Collaros very very close to practicing

Drew EdwardsVerified account ?@scratchingpost 11m11 minutes ago
#Ticats coach Kent Austin says QB @ZCollaros7 is “very, very close? to returning to the field to practice.

I am sure they will still be very,very cautious with Zach! :rockin: :rockin:

Fact:
Drew EdwardsVerified account ?@scratchingpost 5m5 minutes ago
Since the start of 2014, the #Ticats are 16-9 (.640 winning percentage) with @ZCollaros7 at QB and 4-9 (.308) without him.

Good the hear!

Judging by the sub.par performance of our offensive line and the team in general, I wouldn’t be in too big a hurry to get Zach on the field and risk another injury.

A good sign of him being ready to play in the next scheduled game could be when we see Masoli running the ball as he often did in previous years. That threat was never presented, that I noticed, against B.C. It might have helped. It certainly wouldn't have hurt, unless it hurt Jeremiah.

cant imagine what Zach is going through being so close to coming back.

dont rush it Zach we need you but we can wait till you’re 100 percent healthy

Okay, I can agree, you get thumped by any given team on any given day (like we did with BC) and you can blame this in any number of directions, whether it be the QB, the line or the coaching (it bothers me that we were defeated in such detail, but lets set that aside)

We have a 'soft team' target in Wpg, and arguably a soft team target the following week (Montreal will be without two very significant receivers, SJ and Carter), and every mile we can get out of Masoli or our third stringer might multiply, if Zac can be that much better, or more polished on his return.

Lets win (if not dominate) this one on Thursday, and make some choices from there.

With Zac out of the lineup, I would be happy with a 500 season until he returns. :smiley: :smiley: / :frowning: :frowning:

Pat Lynch(the old guy)

Yeah, I'd like to see Zach completely healthy before he returns. August 20, at home, would be an nice sentimental return date. But that knee has to be 100%.

He has been doing full out sprints across the Endzone all week he looks very strong and have not seen 1 day of any sort of limp so im sure he wont be rushed in but the second drs clear him for full contact i dont see it taking too long to get into the line up.

We crushed the Arhols in their stadium debut so I'm good for the year.. anything else that's positive is just frosting

Lol if we do have a bad season, that will 100% be the saving grace that we at the very least crashed the Argos BMO party week 1, and goddamn what a fun game that was to be at.

bump, :thup:

Lol. I have to agree, beating the argos tends to carry you a long way. I also believe the QB running may of helped us. This was one of Masoli's strenghts in ncaa. I still believe we have some growing pains with the new Off. co ordinator. But if we don't take care of the ball, it won't really matter. :frowning:

I was wondering if Masoli has been told not to run because the coaches don't have much faith in his backups. Perhaps as we get closer to Collaros coming back, we'll see him running more on rollouts and draws. And as well, Gable may then be allowed to release on outlet passes instead sticking to blocking assignments.

I think for sure they're trying to keep him healthy until Zach gets back. Last year they only needed him to get through 2 games, so they called everything in the playbook and took their chances. But he'd take a beating doing that for 6 games.

Drew EdwardsVerified account ?@scratchingpost 21m21 minutes ago
#Ticats have removed QB @ZCollaros7 from the 6-game injured list and he is taking part in practice today. #CFL

Well done! Keep getting stronger, Zach. Still a long season to go. Good point made, never thought about the , protecting Masoli angle, Good point. If so, then did Mathews totally fall out of Austins thought process? If i’m not mistaken, which i am on a very regular basis, wasn’t Austin really high on Mathews, came from Cornell and was his former coach? It’s a business but Mathews cannot be feeling very secure.

Just wanted to say that I really appreciate the user ID that seems to be a reference to Thor's giant-slaying hammer. :thup:

Rick Zamperin ?@rickzamperin 2h2 hours ago
Collaros thanked the #Ticats trainers, athletic therapist Carly Vandergrient, McMaster & everyone who helped get him back on the field. #CFL

#Ticats QB @ZCollaros7 "For the last 20 days, I've pretty much been full go. I feel great." #CFL #HamOnt

Collaros says the injury & rehab made him appreciate football even more, saying he missed the competitive nature of the game. #CFL #Ticats

@ZCollaros7 says he will wear a knee brace when he returns to game action & doesn't think it will affect his mobility. #Ticats #CFL

On his 1st practice of the season today, #Ticats QB @ZCollaros7 says "It was just nice to wear a helmet today, it's been a long time. #CFL

On @Simoni_Lawrence trash talking him at practice today, #Ticats QB @ZCollaros7 says "I loved it, I missed it." #CFL

Rick Zamperin ?@rickzamperin 3h3 hours ago
On how close he is to playing, #Ticats QB @ZCollaros7 says "I'm practicing now so it's really up to the higher ups to decide that." #CFL

#Ticats hc Kent Austin says " I don't care" about the outcome of Duron Carter's appeal of his suspension. "We'll be ready either way." #CFL

#Ticats head coach Kent Austin says Collaros' return to practice is according to their timeline. He's not ahead or behind schedule. #CFL

#Ticats head coach Kent Austin says @ZCollaros7 will make the trip to #Montreal this Friday but he will not dress. #CFL #HamOnt

Oh, he'll care if Carter knocks him on his butt!