Collaros set to make over $540,000 in 2018. Opinion?

If Masoli “falls flat on his face”, then, obviously, he will not have shown Jones that he is ready to take over this offense full time at this point.

Tangled: after watching this team play almost two games under June Jones, I am not so sure your Collaros “value for money” thread is the one that we should be discussing.

How about Austin’s “value for money”?

Jones has taken the very same players Austin chose and coached and turned the team from losers into a very competitive team. Night and day with the same players. Collaros was misused by Austin the same way as many of the players who are now shining (as of the beginning of the 4th quarter v the Redblacks). The play calling and game planning has gone from awful to excellent with Jones.

Masoli has done a great job so far. We need to see Collaros operate under June Jones’ direction before trading him away to another team which will surely make good use of him. Jones knows that. So I expect Collaros to stay a Tiger-Cat for the rest of this season.

Just can't accept that Zach has had a sub-par year, can you?

Wholeheartedly agree with the bolded statement!!

Well said

Ticats now have a dilemma.

Keep Collaros because the team is suddenly hot, and on a playoff run that could be derailed if Masoli gets hurt.

Or trade Collaros now to one of a bunch of teams whose starting QB went down this past weekend (i.e. leveridge in trade).

Was he even in Ottawa? Never seen one glimpse of him on the TV ? If I was Jones I would be watching his actions and reactions to adversity ! Is he a team player ? Is he helping the team plays , advice for Masoli etc is he celebrating these two wins with the team? Or he he away in a corner of the locker room sulking and not talking to anybody ? At over 500 grand a year if he is selfish and not helping and being a team player then he should be dumped along with his wages. That money could bring us Cap headroom

Exactly what I have been trying to say!

Collaros was shown on the sidelines, following the offensive play calls by looking at his wristban with the plays on it.

He was also shown congratulating Masoli when the game was over.

Collaros is still very much invested in the offence, and is obviously a team player with a good attitude.

Good as I would rather have Collaros and Masoli even next year then a Johnny Manziel experiment ! Which would be a huge risk even tho JM can probably scramble even better then Masoli if he can repair his lost career

But really, how do we know Collaros isn't skulking around at night, breaking windows and slashing tires? We're not really sure, are we, unless he is under 24 hour surveillance.

If we are not 100% certain, it's important that we all assume the worst and post our speculation online. The truth must come out!

LOL , of course he was there . He was on the game day roster after-all . I guess I was watching a different feed of the game then you because I saw several shots of Zach on the sidelines :wink: . As a matter of fact I recall one shot of him where he was actually putting his helmet on , got it halfway on then took it off again ??? . From what I saw of him he seemed to look pretty engaged and into the game and every bit helping out and talking as well as assisting Masoli and others on the sidelines .

Ironically in a strange sort of way if the team is thinking of trading him , his stock has actually gone up without him actually playing . All of a sudden you have 3 teams this week-end that saw their QB’s go down with injuries . Ottawa lost Harris , BC lost Lulay and Sasky lost Glenn . So depending on just how seriously injured and how many games any of these three might miss , suddenly Zach could be a hot commodity . The thing in our favour is if any of these teams come calling depending on how desperate they are for a replacement , suddenly Zach’s stock and trade value will go up in our favour .

Personally I think we would be crazy to trade Collaros at this stage of the season . But then again if the price was right and the return was good such as a player or two who could help us down the stretch ? Well never say never…Stay tuned for possible further developments…maybe ? BUT then again…maybe not ? 8)

Well said. We would hate to assume something positive because TSN’s feed showed limited views of a backup QB during a close game where the broadcast was (as usual) focused on the home team.

Now I know who broke into my car the other night. I should have known better. Thanks ExPat.

Actually Zach and I both have been out together breaking windows because we are both pissed off and unhappy ;D ::slight_smile: ::slight_smile:

Seymour. Good points. This team has traded away some very good players in the last couple of years or so. I would hate to see Zach come back to haunt us if he goes to the Blue Team. However I also hope he succeeds somewhere else if he is traded. I think his talent has been wasted in the past season and a half, just like the rest of the team.

Regardless of whether Austin no longer cares for Collaros, I really doubt he will be traded before the off-season. With Harris hurt, Durant playing poorly and Ray taking a lot of shots, the Ticats are not out of the running in the East. An experienced backup QB might be the difference between winning and losing. We're about to find out in Ottawa and Regina how important backups are.

With only 2 wins i would be happy to risk going without a backup QB if Masoli were to be injured to better position this team for future success.
Still a major long shot to make the playoffs. We need to take the rest of this season to right the ship and come back next season ready to kick butt!

No one would ever trade for a player set to make over a half million. When you trade for a player, you adopt their current contract as well.

No CFL team has ever reached the playoffs after beginning the season 0-7 (let alone 0-8).

This according to Rod Black on a recent Tiger-Cat game broadcast. Rod is all-knowing on CFL stuff. :slight_smile:

You’re ignoring the fact that Collaros could agree to restructure his contract with the acquiring team as part of a trade negotiation.