Collaros practicing today

Rick Zamperin ?@rickzamperin 3m3 minutes ago
Zach Collaros is practicing today with the #Ticats but no official word on whether he'll start Friday vs #Eskimos #CFL #HamOnt

steve milton ?@miltonatthespec 1h1 hour ago
Masoli not on field for #Ticats. Collaros running installation drills. #CFL

steve milton ?@miltonatthespec 19m19 minutes ago
Gable now on field, kneeling on sidelines with helmet. Ditto Banks. #CFL #Ticats

steve milton ?@miltonatthespec 34m34 minutes ago
Simoni Lawrence now on field, but in a hoodie, without helmet. Just observing, apparently. #Ticats #CFL

Banks is at practice, and on the field with his helmet? Is that allowed, given that he's still suspended by the league?

Yes, it is a team option if he is allowed or not to practice.

“Under the policy, a suspended player cannot participate in games. It is up to their Club to determine whether that player can participate in other team activities, such as practices and meetings.”

[url=http://www.cfl.ca/2016/10/19/ticats-brandon-banks-suspended-for-two-games-for-violating-drug-policy/]http://www.cfl.ca/2016/10/19/ticats-bra ... ug-policy/[/url]

steve milton ?@miltonatthespec 5m5 minutes ago
If he passes protocol after practice today Collaros starts Friday vs # Esks #ticats #cfl

steve milton ?@miltonatthespec 57s57 seconds ago
Masoli on personal day today Kent Austin says. #ticats #cfl

[url=http://www.900chml.com/2016/10/24/collaros-back-at-practice-could-start-friday/]http://www.900chml.com/2016/10/24/colla ... rt-friday/[/url]

[i][b]"Zach Collaros returned to Tiger-Cats practice today after missing the last two games with a concussion.
The quarterback remains in the concussion protocol, but could be cleared to play as early as tomorrow if there aren’t any setbacks.
Collaros says aside from the concussion, “there was another issue going on too that was related to it and causing some pain,? adding it was similar to the concussion he suffered during the 2014 season.

Head coach Kent Austin says Collaros will start on Friday against Edmonton if he is fit to do so."[/b][/i]

If Zach can start...great.
But if he can not...I give full marks to Masoli.
Dam proud of the way he has rebounded from where he was >not long ago.
Good on him. :thup: :thup: :thup:

I agree.

Masoli reminds me of Tony Curcillo, the old TiCat quarterback/ linebacker. He's tough as Stelco/ Dofasco nails! It is nice to have 2 experienced quarterbacks to rely on come playoff time. :smiley: :smiley:

Pat Lynch(the really old guy)

I liked the tackle Masoli put on Pruneau of the RodBlacks after the interception. Pruneau was hurt and had to leave the field. :cowboy:

I'm okay with the CFL record holder for most consecutive passes completed in one game starting against the team he set the record against. If Zach's not ready to go or if he's unable to get things going throw JM in there. Complete confidence in the guy!

steve milton ?@miltonatthespec 16m16 minutes ago
Collaros on field in helmet and practice uniform. We'll see if he takes snaps: if so: likely there's your starter vs. #Eskimos. #Ticats #CFL

steve milton ?@miltonatthespec 8m8 minutes ago
Collaros is taking snaps. Have to assume he's starting Friday vs. #Esks.

Wow! Does Hamilton have the start of a (mini) QB controversy :smiley: ?

Been a long time since we have had this level of confidence in the depth of our QBs. Got to be a good thing. Maybe we will see Jeremiah come in with some run packages, or play action pass packages Wouldn't that be a nice change of pace.

I still like seeing Matthews come in on the short yarders. Limit the pounding on Zach and Jeremiah.

I loved it so much, I re-watched it 4 times. Wish our defense could do that…

It wasn’t a perfect tackle, but he’s the back up QB, and while we can’t afford for him to be injured, he sure as hell did what needed to be done.

Still no sign of Keon Raymond. :frowning:

Drew EdwardsVerified account ?@scratchingpost 1m1 minute ago
#Ticats QB @ZCollaros7 taking first teams reps again today. He's starting vs. #Esks. #CFL

[b][i]Ticats quarterback Zach Collaros took first team reps for the third straight day on Wednesday meaning he’s expected to start Friday against the Edmonton Eskimos.

Linebacker Simoni Lawrence as well as receivers Terrence Toliver and Andy Fantuz – all of whom are nicked up – practiced in their normal spots and are expected to play.

The only significant change the Ticats are expected to make – beyond the one at quarterback – would see the return of American Terrence Campbell to right tackle. Rookie Canadian Brandon Revenberg played that spot in the win over Ottawa last week.

Canadian special teamer Jay Langa, who has missed several weeks due to injury, also looks ready to return.[/i][/b]

Yep…another victim of the Tiger-Cats injury curse. Play a game and the next thing you know you’re sidelined with an injury.

CFL on TSNVerified account ?@CFLonTSN 8m8 minutes ago
.@Ticats QB records at Tim Hortons Field:
@ZCollaros7 (13-3); All others (1-5)

And precisely why Zach should be starting ahead of Masoli - not that I’m knocking Jeremiah and the job that he’s done - but Zach IS the starter. Whatever other nagging injury seemed to be ailing him in those last 2-3 games that he played apparently has disappeared too which is GREAT news! I’m looking forward to seeing Collaros back on the field leading the charge to first place in the division!

The O-Line has to do a much better job protecting him. I don't want to see Zach get hurt, like he did against Calgary again, because he got poor protection.

The O line has been much better since Fulton arrived. I’m looking forward to seeing Zach play like he’s capable of playing.

I'm concerned that Zach doesn't seem to be able to avoid tackles like Masoli and is more vulnerable to injuries. Masoli is tougher and runs better and can avoid tackles. But Zach seems to manage and see the game better. :cowboy: