Collaros headlines TSN's top 50 players for 2022

TORONTO — After winning the league’s Most Outstanding Player in 2021, Zach Collaros has been named the top player in the CFL on TSN’s annual top 50 players list.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/06/07/collaros-headlines-tsns-top-50-players-for-2022/
1 Like

And this is why I should be writing for the CFL instead. This list is a joke on so many levels. First order of business…I’m sorry to say, but in a QB driven league, that all season long was not driven by the QB at all, just how did 7 make the cut?
110 passing rating is nice. Mostly supported by the low number of picks and the good completion rate. But a joke of tds passed, even if the rest of the league was horrendous, Collaros was still fairly mediocre. Piss poor for a number one ranking, that is for sure. Isn’t winning for an offense about scoring? How does any QB take the poll position? Lol. Not a single QB was feared by defenses last year. Wanna bet? Hmm. And how does Jefferson take number two and AC Leonard get 14? Was there a single metric that AC did not come out ahead? Maybe. But the vast majority? No. Not per game. And furthemore, 6 offensive players in the top ten? In a league dominated by the D last year? 4 receivers, but zero dbs in the top ten. Frankly, that’s backwards. But that’s what happens when the list is compiled without really getting it. The best players were NOT the receivers last year. The upper echelon were easily the dbs. And that includes the best of the best when comparing them. Sooty again, it’s just glitz that seems to be understood. Back to the drawing board. Remember D owned the O last year. At record levels. Just a reminder perhaps your list needs some rethinking. I could go on and on and on. This list is pretty funny. Clearly your coverage needs some major fine tuning. Next year you might be better off letting fans from each team compile this list. Why? It’s horrendous. Thanks for the giggles.

1 Like

This should be called "The players to watch " or something similar. The top players will only be known at seasons end. Some of these guys will have seasons they want to forget, & others not on this list will shine like a nova. A niggly thing perhaps.

1 Like

I only have a couple picayune points about the list. Nothing major -

Pt. 1 - Dane Evans has to be ahead of Vern Adams, Jr. There should be no argument about this.

Pt. 2 - Nic Demski should be higher than #49, perhaps low 40s. He was an integral piece of both Blue Bomber runs to the Cup.

1 Like

Great point. I too, have always wondered why its named the “Top 50 players of any particular year” when we won’t know until the season is over and calling it “Top 50 players to watch” would make much more sense. Regardless, always fun to see who, in the view of the ones voting, make the list.

1 Like

Let me clear up that awful “tds passed” stat for you guys.

O’Shea’s ‘league leading’ Red Zone Offense was run run run. It’ll be that way again this year. The darned thing just worked.

Keep in mind that we had Andrew Harris to either carry the lumber or catch a quick pass out of the backfield… so once inside the ten, Chris Streveler (2019), and later Sean McGuire (2021) would sub in for Zack Collaros and NOT ONE defense in this league could stop us once that huge offensive line of ours plowed the road.

So expect more of the same starting game one against Ottawa. Zack’s numbers will be spectacular until he gets halfway into the Red Zone. Then someone else will finish off the drive. That’s why last year’s scoring leader board always had Sean McGuire at or near the top.

1 Like

1 Like

Ya. I don’t buy into any of that. If your great you stay on the field. That’s just it is. He’s not, so he comes off. His very ordinary numbers belong to him, due to him. Not others. Sorry, we don’t agree on this.

Soon we may may have to register trees as lethal weapons.

While growing up in the North End of Winnipeg, baseball bats and hockey sticks were accepted as recreational sports equipment. Tire irons were not. You had to choose your weapon.

1 Like

PSST...(don't tell anyone) but Darnel Sankey plays for the Roughriders, not the Stamps...

3 Likes

I personally love these things, especially when they finally favour my team! :smile:

2 Likes

Collaros has been simply AMAZING since he went to Winnipeg - he has been amazing when the Games Count - like Grey Cups 2019 and 2021.
“We” who don’t agree are Wrong - simply put. And its You’re not your - on your line about staying on the field.

3 Likes

Name me the last OLineman as dominant as Bryant for as long as he has.

Labatte?

1 Like

‘Bluto’.

Chris Walby was the best tackle ever to play for the Bombers in the 20th Century. Period (mike drop) CLUNK!

“He won CFL All-Star honours nine times, Western All-Star honours four times and was named Eastern All-Star seven times. He won the Schenley Award for the Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman in 1987 and CFL Most Outstanding Offensive Lineman award in 1993. Walby played in five Grey Cup games, winning three times.”

Complete dominance. Jaw dropping success.

2 Likes

I can’t think of any other than Walby.

2 Likes

Forgot to mention:

AND HE WAS A CANADIAN!!! :partying_face: :anger: :boom:
Cpl. Ron Francis

1 Like

And a Doctor :laughing: :thinking:

1 Like

Walby was best darned pretend TV doctor ever play offensive tackle! It’s too bad he got cancelled.

Bryant has to be one of the biggest heists in CFL history. So glad we took him off Calgary's hands.

1 Like