Collaros Don't Get No Respect

Poll on front page of cfl.ca:
Interesting results.

Where do you rank Zach Collaros among CFL starting quarterbacks?

1. Number one
    4%
  2. Top-three
    16%
  3. Top-five
    37%
  4. Sixth or lower
    43%
    Total Votes : 4,052

(Using cfl.ca now because nobody has given me an answer as to how to navigate away from forums on ticats.ca to get to other info. Can't figure out what I'm missing.)

The poll is worthless.
Way to early to be including Collaros in a poll like this.
He has shown that he is a winner already but he needs a couple of more seasons before we will see the best in him.

That's right. After he wins 2 or 3 Grey Cups in the next 5 years (no pressure Zach!) he'll get all of the respect he has then earned.

:thup: :thup: :thup: (one for each Cup he'll win for us). :wink:

Hey Mark: Try this link (and save it as a favourite or bookmark). 8)

http://ticats.ca/

As are all on-line/call-in polls IMO.

Nonsense... Collaros is beginning his fourth year in the league. He has appeared in 35 games in the league and has 20 starts. He is the starting quarterback of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and he obviously needs to be included in any informal fan poll concerning CFL starting QBs.

Furthermore, the poll results relative to Collaros' standing are fairly accurate IMO. One could argue that he places 5th behind Mitchell, Durant, Reilly and Ray, however, many voters have placed him lower, presumably behind Lulay and/or Burris as well.

Ah yes, Seymour. But we know from your past posts that you are not a fan of Collaros.

Based on other recent posts you also don't like Bob Young. And we all know you don't like the CFL because of it's quotas on Canadian players. Is there anything about the Tiger-Cats or the CFL that you DO like?

Somewhere here on this website is Kent Austin's assessment of Collaros. If you have read it, I think you will find that you are overlooking a lot of things about him. Check it out. He is not talking nonsense.

I thought Bob Young had warned posters about personal attacks?

Your post does seems a little juvenile. Isn't rating Collaraos at number 5 a high rating in a poll? There are some good QBs in the league. So unless someone rates Collaros number one QB in the CFL they are anti-Tiger Cat? .......lol
So what is the point of debating on this site? As for Kent Austin's assessment on his QB - what do you expect him to say?

No personal attack. I simply quoted what Seymour has written.

Zach Collaros is a good QB no question, as a Tiger-Cat in his first season last year he was learning an entirely new system compared to the year or two he had previously under Milanovich in Toronto.

The Tiger-Cats offence last season was last in the CFL in red zone scoring and many may not be given Collaros a fair vote from looking at his previous performance last year. I think this year will be different, Zach has a better understanding of the game book and a better connection with team mates, coaches much more confidance and hopefully he stays healthy to perform.

I agree with many that Zach Collaros could be the new Doug Flutie in the CFL.

GO CATS GO!!!

BIGCAT: :thup: :thup: :thup: Maybe not another Flutie though. I see him more as a journeyman QB similar to Troy Aikman. No nonsense, smart, reliable and tough. But Collaros has his own attributes and barring a career ending injury, I would not be surprised to see him become one of the CFL's top QB's in the next couple of years.

But, last season was his first as THE starter, with a new coaching staff, system and teammates. Sitting on the bench and starting a few games is hardly the same as being the number one quarterback.

Considering all this, Zach almost won a Grey Cup. I say that's a pretty damn solid accomplishment!!! No matter what ANY poll may declare.

Agree, year two with the Cats I feel will be a breakout year for Collaros and his offensive team mates, remember a QB is only as good as the O-Line in front, the RB's and receivers if everyone is doing their job this year the points and TD's will add up and this team can break out of the red zone slump from last season.

Getting to the Grey Cup is great, winning it is another thing entirely, I want to see a winner here!!!!

GO CATS GO!!!

Yet even in the GC loss he had better #,s than BLM

You are missing the point of the poll or you don't understand the results. Collaros is beginning his 2nd season as starting QB for the Tiger-Cats. Fans were asked where they ranked Collaros amongst all CFL starting quarterbacks (Lulay, Mitchell, Durant, Reilly, Willy, Burris, Ray, Crompton, Collaros).
More than 80% of fans have placed him at #4 or lower and that is a completely justifiable result. Nobody is saying he's not a good quarterback and nobody is saying that he won't improve, but AT THIS POINT IN TIME, that's where fans have rated him... nothing more, nothing less.

As good as Collaros is we better have a good backup for him, he sometimes gets hit pretty hard when he runs with the ball. He has to learn to slide better when he goes down. :wink:

"You are missing the point of the poll or you don't understand the results. Collaros is beginning his 2nd season as starting QB for the Tiger-Cats. Fans were asked where they ranked Collaros amongst all CFL starting quarterbacks (Lulay, Mitchell, Durant, Reilly, Willy, Burris, Ray, Crompton, Collaros).
More than 80% of fans have placed him at #4 or lower and that is a completely justifiable result. Nobody is saying he's not a good quarterback and nobody is saying that he won't improve, but AT THIS POINT IN TIME, that's where fans have rated him... nothing more, nothing less."

I don't think I am.

Statistically, some quarterbacks may have had better numbers.

As results (the championship) go, only one other quarterback did better than him in 2015.

In professional sports, it's RESULTS that counts.

I figured him to be 4th, but looking at last yrs stats, his passing pct and QB rating is better than Mitchel, Reilly and Durant. For whatever that is worth.

Maybe worth a second thought.

ok, my second thought is, those voting for 6th+ are totally insane or really hate the ticats.

Football: Hold that second thought. A REAL Tiger-Cat fan would rate Collaros higher than 6th. :wink: