Collaros and Norwood POW's

Hamilton Tiger-Cats ?@Ticats 5m
Zach Collaros and Eric Norwood have been named #CFL Players of the Week.

Well deserved!! :thup:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByOsagdCMAEyRlv.jpg:medium

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ByOsaXsCEAAPSNu.jpg:medium

[b]TORONTO – Zach Collaros, Eric Norwood , Weston Dressler and Shea Emry were named the Canadian Football League Players of the Week for Week 13 of the 2014 Canadian Football League season.

The four players were chosen by a panel of judges including: former Canadian Football League players Matt Dunigan and Duane Forde of TSN, and Pierre Vercheval of RDS.

Hamilton Tiger-Cats quarterback Zach Collaros was named the Offensive Player of the Week for Week 13. Collaros completed 25 of his 35 attempts for 318 yards and threw for a touchdown, while running in another, as Hamilton stayed undefeated at Tim Hortons Field with a 25-23 win over the Eskimos.

The former Cincinnati Bearcat’s one-yard touchdown plunge early in the final quarter capped a 14-0 run by the home side which erased a 15-3 deficit.

Collaros’ short pass to Brandon Banks loomed large after the receiver ran the ball 44 yards for the touchdown late in the fourth quarter.

In six games this season, the Steubenville, Ohio native has passed for 1,472 yards, completed 69 per cent of his passes and has thrown seven touchdowns.

This is Collaros’ second career Player of the Week honour in his career. His first came in 2013, coincidentally in Week 13.

Hamilton Tiger-Cats defensive end Eric Norwood was named the Defensive Player of the Week for Week 13. Norwood had a career-night, establishing new personal bests in tackles (7) and sacks (4) to help the Ticats improve to 3-0 at Tim Hortons Field.

The former South Carolina Gamecock frustrated the Edmonton offensive line the entire game. Norwood’s four sacks – three on Mike Reilly and one on Pat White – sent the Eskimos back a total of 15 yards.

The native of Acworth, Georgia leads the Ticats with seven sacks and has tallied 23 tackles this season.

This is the first Player of the Week honour of Norwood’s career.[/b]

[url=http://www.cfl.ca/article/a-pair-of-ticats-take-home-player-of-the-week-honours]http://www.cfl.ca/article/a-pair-of-tic ... ek-honours[/url]

Just saw this too. Expected to see Norwood given the nod but didn't even think about Zach being recognized! :oops: He has done a great job since returning and certainly played at a disadvantage without Gable but still did enough (along with help from his team mates) to get the win! Congratulations to both on a job well done!!! :rockin: :rockin: :thup: :thup:

I'll echo that comment.

I think Zach actually has a shot at player of the month, based on the consistent strong performance in 4 games so far, with one more to go. In every game this month he has essentially been at 70%+ completion %, 300 yards passing, and 100 QB rating (give or take) - not to mention helping to turn around a team that was going nowhere fast.

I was going to say that it may come down to who has a better game next week, between Zach and Ricky Ray, but I see that Toronto has a bye. Cornish was having a spectacular month as well until he got hurt.

ahhh yeah. may as well give them next week as well too :cowboy:

Congratulations to both players for an awesome game. You overcame adversity and shone brightly. :rockin:

Awesome job and a great award of recognition for both guys.

Norwood has always shown a motor and desire. His ability to pursue a back to the sideline is best in the league from a DE. Here's hoping that he continues to dominate.

Collaros has been excellent since his return from IR. He has been better than advertised IMO and if he continues to improve heading into the playoffs (yeah, I wrote it) the Cats will be the team to beat from the East. If he continues his improvement into next season... look out.

The fact that Zach has been name CFLOPotW for the week that Henry Burris had his best performance of the season calls for a tip of my TiCat hat to Kent Austin.

If Norwood had been passed over for this week's D-honours, it would have been a bigger miss, by the voting panel, than Swayze Waters not being named STPofW for his kicking against the Cats on Labour Day.

Grover--- you've GOT to be younger than me. A POW will always mean prisoner of war to my generation and older. I think that's why PotW is used quite often- because to my older ears using POW sounds like disrespect. I KNOW that none is intended. It's a generational thing.

All the best.

Mark, I was going to say something about this too, but decided to let it go...

I am 61 years young tomorrow!
Born at St Joseph's in 1953
The Cats won the Cup that year
I remember my Mom telling me many years later, she couldn't understand why my Dad was so upset "because my Baptism was on a weekend that some stupid Football game was on!" It was the Grey Cup!!!
You can't stop growing old, but you can be immature forever!
And you are very right that I would never, ever disrespect our Military!