Colin Kaepernick and Broncos

Was black listed or greedy!!!

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — John Elway might find himself in the market for a veteran backup quarterback soon, yet there’s one man who won’t be getting a call:Colin Kaepernick
“Colin had his chance to be here,” Elway said Thursday when asked if the former San Francisco 49ers QB would be an option if he decides Case Keenum’s backup isn’t already on Denver’s roster.
“We offered him a contract. He didn’t take it,” Elway said. “And as I said at my deposition (in Kaepernick’s collusion lawsuit against the NFL) — and I don’t know if I’m legally able to say this — but he’s had his chance to be here. He passed.”
Kaepernick declined to take a pay cut from his $11.9 million salary to facilitate a trade to the Broncos in 2016 following Peyton Manning’s retirement.

Could he be coming to CFL For $200,000 as a backup!!! LOL

Well you have to respect CK for saying to heck with the money, I guess. Hey, I don’t get it but he does for himself and his values and good on him, it’s his life. :-\

His agent was asking 6 million dollars a season and money up front. The owner was heard laughing two States over.

WHAT?
Read up kiddo

I vote “greedy”.

???

Yeah, I can see what you’re saying on second thought dawg.

Completely misleading premise.

Why would Colin Kaepernick go to the Broncos and get paid a $7 million for 2016 and 2017 when the 49ers were going to pay him $14.3 million just for 2016? That simply is not logical.

If you want to talk the legitimate claim of collusion, the more important point is the Broncos were willing to pay Kaepernick $7 million per year BEFORE the protests began. A year later in 2017 in which he had a season which saw a 90.7 qb rating with 16 TD’s and 4 INT’s, the Broncos were not willing to even consider him. Just one year ago in 2016, they were willing to trade for him.

John Elway gives the impression that because Kaepernick passed on their offer previously, that was somehow an insult and thus he would look at other players instead. Except their former QB Brock Osweiler previously left for green pastures became available. Yet, Elway had no problems re-signing him. Osweiler’s numbers were not as good as Kaepernick’s: 72.2 qb rating, 15 TD’s, 16 INT’s.

As far as the CFL goes, Kaepernick has no interest and almost certainly will never play there.

And he turned down all contracts and went on and became a free agent by his own doing. No teams owes him a job
There have been many who have not got a fair shot.
This guy is not special
The chances you take when you refuse contracts because of your own greed

Precisely. No team owes him a roster spot. Particularly since he’d rather sue for collusion than play for “paltry, insulting” sums like $6 million per year.

::slight_smile:

Kaepernick is doing just fine. He’ll be earning millions from the new Nike campaign featuring him.

Gino Fisanotti, Nike's vice president of brand for North America, explained to Rovell how Kaepernick's social advocacy helped Nike identify him as a prime candidate for the campaign.

“We believe Colin is one of the most inspirational athletes of this generation, who has leveraged the power of sport to help move the world forward,” Fisanotti said. “We wanted to energize its meaning and introduce ‘Just Do It’ to a new generation of athletes.”

According to Yahoo Sports’ Charles Robinson, Kaepernick’s Nike deal is structured similarly to that of a typical star-level player in the NFL. He’ll have his own apparel line with Nike and receive “millions per year plus royalties.”

While Rovell refuted Robinson’s report about Kaepernick getting a signature Nike merchandise line, Robinson responded that his sources said “there is absolutely a contract commitment by @nike for a signature shoe and ‘Kaepernick 7’ line of apparel.”

Here is the new Nike ad featuring Kaepernick

Nike losing the popularity struggle with Kap .

Pretty hard when you have labour issues overseas sweat shops then play up a millionaire’s struggles .

Nike real issues coming up when you are seen as just phoney corporate fool .

The Sun poll has 72 percent less likely to buy Nike because of them using him .

Is any publicity good publicity in this case I would say no .

…maybe Nike is planning to launch a new line of protest riot gear?

I don’t think this is a given that signing CK to a deal with necessarily help Nike’s bottom line. Their image will be enhanced with those that already think along the lines of what they see as CK standing for but as for the rest of the population, I don’t think they’ll be swayed at all to see Nike as some corporate angel.

And Hank brings up some good points above.

Unrelated to Kaepernick it is nice to see the Canadian content in the commercial with young soccer phenom Alphonso Davies’ story being a part of the ad.

Bayern Munich just paid $22 million for the 17 year old Canadian.

Yes, never heard of him, I don’t follow soccer as you know, but obviously the guy is world class talent in the soccer circles. Good for him. Life is set with all the dough.

Nike’s online sales have apparently surged since the Kaepernick campaign launched.

[b]Nike’s online sales jumped 31% after company unveiled Kaepernick campaign, data show[/b]

Fears of a hit appear overblown as consumers, brand experts and analysts cheer an edgy and risky marketing move

Read more it's 31 compared to 17 last year .

So only 14 over last years sales jump comparison .

It might have to do with the Labour Day Sale .

Back to school sales .

Politics and corporations who are as phoney as ....... .

I think the main point is that many assumed Nike’s sales would take a hit because of a backlash for using Kaepernick as their main spokesperson in this campaign - but instead they saw a rise - at least in initial online sales - compared to the exact same period last year. So perhaps not ‘losing the popularity struggle’.

Their stock which initially took an immediate 3 point hit has recovered about half that intitial dip in the last couple of days too.

One of the sports commentators made an interesting comment about nobody taking a knee during the first NFL game Thursday night. He felt the Nike ad played a role in that. Said something along the lines of there was no need to take a knee to make the point they’ve been trying to make when corporate America was somewhat taking up their cause with a 2 minute ad to be played during the game on NBC.

Sadly with the unfortunate shooting in Dallas the other night - I suspect we may see some players take a knee again at other NFL games tomorrow.