Coincidence?

Just a random thought and I know we were struggling before but ever since we changed the logo we have never been able to get back on track?

Coincidence?

yes

My very thoughts exactly ... " They" ( the powers that be) took one of the Greatest,.. Most Impressive Logos.. in All The History.. of Pro Sport and turned it into a Cartoon Tiger !, the " Mighty Ducks" would probably have been embarrassed to wear ( while we're at it prob the Cannucks too ) Is it any wonder the product has become a joke ? Looks like a kiddies color art project now :frowning:

Old saying if it isn't Broken ! DON'T FIX IT! Give us back the logo at least we were, and can all be proud of ... I don't credit the Yanks with a lot But they know when to Leave Great Logos alone as in most of the N.F.L.

There is a naval superstition that I think applies in this situation.

That superstition goes "Change the name of a ship, you change the luck of that ship."

So here it would be "Change the logo of a team, you change the luck of that team."

I preferred the old logo, but the team's bad luck is strictly coincidence.

I never liked the idea of changing the logo…I agree with if its not broke don’t fix it…We will never get the old logo back because the people who run the Cats don’t care what the fans want…

I don't think it had anything to do with the Cats as an organization. If all of you will remember, they changed the logo just as Reebok got the rights to all CFL apparel. I think THEY'RE the ones that FORCED change on us.

As for changing the logo affecting the team; get real. That's total nonsense. It'd be like me saying "Ever since I threw out my favourite pair of underwear, the team has been doing poorly." The downward spiral started on the goal line in Winnipeg in the 2000 (2001?) playoffs when we couldn't score a touchdown in three tries. Changes should have been started that summer, but things were allowed to degrade and now we're getting wholesale change after wholesale change--neither way will fix anything. Only patience and fine tuning will prevail.

Getting a hold of Andy Fantuz (somehow) would also be a huge step in the right direction.

(ticat1) As for changing the logo affecting the team; get real. That's total nonsense. It'd be like me saying "Ever since I threw out my favourite pair of underwear, the team has been doing poorly." The downward spiral started on the goal line in Winnipeg in the 2000 (2001?) playoffs when we couldn't score a touchdown in three tries. Changes should have been started that summer, but things were allowed to degrade and now we're getting wholesale change after wholesale change--neither way will fix anything. Only patience and fine tuning will prevail.

Getting a hold of Andy Fantuz (somehow) would also be a huge step in the right direction.

Your points are well taken, ticat1. I agree with all of your post except the underwear part.

Throwing out your underwear, especially if they were streaked, could have a definite effect on the poor play of our football team. Hang on to those shorts, ticat1, and eventually our luck will change.

I loved the old logo as much as anyone, but the bottom line is that they changed it because of marketing purposes. The old logo was too detailed to be stitched or printed on to a hat, shirt, or jacket. Combine that with a new ownership group with a fresh set of ideas for revenue streams and merchandising, and it makes complete sense why the logo received a facelift.

Now is that the reason for the team’s poor performance? Of course not. Just like the guys at argos-suck.com (a great site full of colourful characters which I love!) this is just another conspiracy put forward by the die-hard, never change fans of the team. I love you all to death guys and gals, but really, you are never satisfied!

If it’s not the chant, this time it’s the logo, or it’s the striped sleeves, or the yellow helmets, or the gold pants …

I hate to say it, but it’s 2007, it’s time to move on. Look forward because the old logo ain’t coming back unless it’s throwback jersey night.

It’s all about dollars and sense.

;)
  • paul

You are right about the dollars .But they need to remember that the money comes from the fans and a lot are not happy with the change.It might be different if with all the changes we were seeing some good football.

Oh I agree, but I think if you asked the Tiger-Cats or the CFL, I would be willing to bet the new logo merchandise has out-sold the old one by a long shot. When I go to games I see a lot of children and new fans at the games, a lot of which are sporting merchandise with the new logo on it.

It's just that there is an amount of die hards that are very anti change of any kind with regards to the team. And because the team is losing on the field it sort of gives a bit of "false validity" to their arguments. I know it is just my opinion, but the new logo and uniforms look sharp and are some of the best in any football league.

You know what I mean? The team is playing poorly because they don't have enough talent on the field. That's the bottom line. It's not because of anything but that. And hopefully this week, we will take another step in rectifying the problem with the hiring of an experienced and knowledgeable general manager.

Then a year or two from now, we can all wear our respective Ticat gear, old and new, during a late November Grey Cup parade!

• paul

i like the new logo

I really don't care if they adopted a logo of Santa riding a candy cane through the night skies if they'd start winning.

I'm serious.

An Argo-Cat fan

They only change logos and jerseys to create revenue so after we win a few playoff games and fans start buying jerseys they'll change them again cause you have fans like me who have to have the current jersey etc so just wait the new stuff will be out soon

because you cant buy anything with the old logo ???????????????????????

I know the obvious is easy.

Whooooooo Hooooooooo NO Coincidence at all !!!!
I have been saying this since the evil night the site changed with the Cartoon Logo.( You can through the cheeto cat in there too.)(The site is nice)
Forget about the thing they did in Toronto regarding the word $u CK. They should have a repatration of our Logo, back to the way Mr.Gadaur drew it out. And by all means GET RID OF THE GIRLIE WRITING too. Who ever thought that up should be drawn and quartered.
Besides the whole thing is based on the almighty dollar. And they have not offered ANYTHING worth buying for those of us who prefer the VINTAGE, like they promised in the smoke screen they threw out when everything changed. I have not bought ANYthing new for the last 4 years. Except for a beautiful frame my husband bought for me with the old logo on it last Christmas.

Trash the Cartoon Kitty ...Give or Bring Back the Original Awesome Tiger ! and lets put a Real Tiger Cat Team on the feild !
Maybe bring back some stripes while your at it ?

Onward and upward LISTEN TO THE FANS .. with out us there is nothing!

lol! It is just that the majority of people that enjoy the team's new look, logo, and watermark are silent when it comes to the matter.

I am convinced the team would still be playing in leather helmets if some of the fans had it their way!

In a small league which is driven more by gate receipts and merchandise sales, rather than television money, uniform and logo changes are inevitable in today's CFL landscape.

Email the CFL and Reebok and ask for some merchandise sales numbers or even some focus group statistics and I am sure they will all be in favour of the new look. With that being said, you still can never satisfy everyone.

Oh well ... everyone has his/her own taste.

• paul

I have several hats and shirts with the old logo stiched on it.

Interesting how some logos never change and others are in a constant flux.

The Immortal
Yankees, BoSox, Dodgers, Cubs Cardinals
Packers, Cowboys, Bears, Irish, Wolverines
Habs, Leafs, Bruins, Hawks, Red Wings, Oilers

The Flux Capacitors
Blue Jays, Rays, Angels
Canucks, Ducks, Islanders, Kings

Those who made one change which propelled them to dominance
Patriots
Tiger Cats

I guess it's human nature to look for meaning in things, good, bad, or otherwise. And this is part of what makes us different from other animals. The logo as art can be intrepreted in different ways and changing it, also can be intrepreted as you wish. That's the best part of being human, we don't have to accept something on it's own accord, we can just change it to mean what applies to our own mindset. Like getting meaning from learning you have 6 months to live or from suffering.

We are sufferering TiCat fans and we are looking for meaning as such and this brings us together maybe even more than winning. Ok, sounds hokey but maybe there's a bit of truth to this, I don't know. Doesn't mean we don' want to win, of course not. Just have to find some meaning in our losing ways and that's okely dokely!!