Cohon wants football back in Ottawa

coulda fooled me.

my beef was a difference of opinion…not something you could just present a fact to prove who was right.

when i told u ottawa wasnt involved in the halifax game, i dont know why u couldnt have just listened to me OR look it up for yourself there and then?

Be proud, you were correct DG, I guess that makes you some big man doesnt it? At least it didnt take me close to a year and leave this site to admit that I was wrong. Too bad you cant say the same thing DG. How about sticking to the topic at hand, namely, Ottawa attendance figures, and how the new commish wants to come back to Ottawa

by saying this, you acknowledge u may be wrong…so when someone corrects you, why do u get bent outta shape?

still unsure, yet still unwilling to accept the correct answer.

i don’t know why your so testy about something you admitted you were unsure about???

…sure u were…

If you wernt such an @$$hole about it, maybe I wouldnt be so testy...

:roll:

I guessed you missed that part, DG?

i did see it...im not allowed to post a smiley face after reading it?

i guess that smoking smiley pushed you off the deep end?

Gentlemen, and I use that term loosely, let's make sure we're keeping our sticks on the ice.....

my stick has been on the ice.

it appears sambo thinks he's darcy tucker, and every bump must be avenged with a run followed by a scrap.

It seems as though there are two people equally involved, and if both parties can't keep their comments in check and admit EQUAL responsibility, this will simply be locked down.

hmmm…its not like i dont see way worse than this comming from others ( cough- redwhite05- cough ) all the time.

please post a quote of anything i said that could be considered worse than 5% of whats said here all the time.

please!

I will retract my comments towards DG, they were uncalled for... I read his last post on the first page, what he added after I responded to that post.

You have to watch it there Sambo you realize that DG is a certain mods pet right!

Says who? And why, exactly, was that called for?

me, a mods pet?...HAHAHA...yea right!

that is so far off the mark its funny.

a mods pet who was banned for months, and seems to be in trouble for every argument i ever have here....

a mods pet..HA

Wow JM02 you have a guilt complex. I was refering to my buddy Redandwhite! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Note: DG's post below

hmmm....its not like i dont see way worse than this comming from others ( cough- redandwhite- cough ) all the time.

please post a quote of anything i said that could be considered worse than 5% of whats said here all the time.

please!

Well, I can't win this "argument" anyway.....either drumkit is right because he's a mod's pet, or sambo is right because he's a Rider fan.....

.....and sure you were referring to RedandWhite, KL.....your reputation precedes you, I'm afraid.....

You mean you favor rider fans! Who would have known?

Here's what is going to happen.....this thread is going to get back to the original topic as of this very moment, or this thread gets moved.....

.....as for your comment, KL, which doesn appear here now (I'm sure you simply didn't understand about the "back on track" comment made, so I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you do, in fact, wish to discuss actual football here), no, I won't lock the thread....it'll be moved completely.....

I did support them. I missed three games in four years (all in 2002) which I think I made up for by going to five road games.

Montreal had their decision to move made for them. The fact is that a 13-win club in 1997 was drawing less than 17,000.

For the GlieberGades, there was a X-mas special late November 2004, then nothing. I don’t recall if they had time to do the $99 before the plug was pulled. I do know that people tried to buy tickets and were turned away, and my attempts to buy additional tickets prior to the suspension were barely acknowledged. Why you think it’s the fans’ fault that tickets are not being made available for purchase is beyond me.

I know, I know…fans should MAKE the team have tickets available. There are two areas where that theory fails though.

a) As a fan, my responsibility should be no more than to buy a ticket and go to games. It’s not up to me to run their business. I can provide feedback, sure (and did) but that’s where it should end.

b) Even if I chose to try to run the show, you’re working with the assumption that Lonie Glieberman and his type will listen to common sense. You might, if you’re any kind of businessman. Lonie is not.

JEFF HUNT said that he gave Lonie all kinds of advice and Lonie did everything the opposite. Lonie would not listen to Hunt’s advice, and you have this idea that somehow a nobody like me or a group of us, will get through to him.

You’d have way of knowing this, but one time Lonie saw an article about the group of fans I’m in and asked to meet with us. A few of us did. We appreciated the gesture.

Lonie didn’t listen to a word we said; he spent his time instead telling us why he was doing what he was. He wasn’t looking for advice, he was looking for people to agree with him.

I don’t know what kind of business you’re in, but I think I can guarantee that if you open a store of any kind, never had your product in stock (and when you do it doesn’t work half the time) and don’t return phone calls from clients, you won’t last two decades either.