Cobb

........while on the subject of running Cobb out of town, it's a darn good thing that Hamilton showed the door to Anthony Calvillo too.......who knows how many losing seasons we would have had if we had shown any patience with him !

Phew !..........talk about dodging a huge bullet by letting Montreal suffer with him instead of us !

Maybe Montreal can take Cobb off our hands like they did with the useless, under-producing bum Calvillo :wink: :wink:

We should’ve kept the entire 2007 cats team cause they’d all be all stars by now. And the 2003 cats team would be in in the hall of fame by now.

It’s a lousy way to think, keeping guys who under produce because they could be the next Calvillo.

Remember when we cut Ronald Williams? Perennial 1000 yard running back? When you have great passing attack hell even I could get 1000 yards in the CFL.

We cut Williams because we had an up and coming back in Troy Davis.... I remember people going nuts over that move back then too.

This is the test for Cobb at 2011 training camp. He does need to be pushed. I see Thiggy evolving into a HB/SB combo guy or a SB proper. Is AJ Harris the solution? I hope scouting and FA recruitment gives us more and better options for a training camp competition.

Oski Wee Wee,

Russ

Keeping Calvillo would have meant not getting Ron Lancaster, Danny Mac, and Darren Flutie… think about this one for a minute.

How many Grey Cups did Danny Mac and Anthony Calvillo get in the same time frame?

I cant believe he still put Cobb on the field.
The man cant run, cant catch and isn't the fastest back we have, so why is he out there?

Cobb is not the future rb in Hamilton, it's a Reynold's type. Cobb, prove me wrong the rest of the season and I'll shut TFU.

Now we have another reason to wish Cobb has a great playoff run. :wink: :lol:

See Cobb. See Cobb run. Run, Cobb, Run!

Great response Doc. We really need to stop invoking Calvillo as a reason to never again improve on a roster position.

Or at least save the comparison for times when it’s at all relevant (e.g. perhaps limiting it to QB discussions).

For every underperforming player we’ve let go that’s gone on to become a Hall-of-Famer (and I can only think of one), there’s 100 others who never surfaced again or never made a meaningful impact.

Well, whenever Cobb underperformed in a game this season, I recall some saying “BRING BACK JESSE!” Wasn’t he a part of that vaunted 2007 team?

It’s funny how only some players who were let go get brought back up when bad things happen. Calvillo and Lumsden seem to be the two most popular. I think there needs to be a moratorium on bringing either of these two up whenever people think the Cats need to fix the running game or when people are worried someone will come back to haunt the Cats after they get cut or not brought back.

6 carries for 8 yards. :thdn:

Thiggy was 2 carries, 13 yards.

[url=http://liveplay.cflcentral.com/LPFiles/81_2010_cfllive_scoreboard.html]http://liveplay.cflcentral.com/LPFiles/ ... board.html[/url]

Better? LMAO

Gibson calls an Arena Football game in November. Unreal.

Look, the players on this team are all good and they have their share of good games but to a man they all pick the worst times to s t bed. Good players has not yet translated to good team. If you like 9-9 two years running and first round exit at home then I guess I'm just too hard to please.

Cobb does not have the breakaway speed thiggy does. Time for a change and maybe another back.

8)

Thigpen is another one of those players I mentioned. To the degree that he started the season for the good, he ended it to the same degree for the bad. I think the word I am looking for is consistency. No consistency on this team. 9-9 and losing home record doesn't lie.

It all comes down to the decision to not challenge Mr. Cobb in training camp with some serious competition. Why do teams like the A$#@H(*&^ find a hard running back like Boyd and we are stuck with a guy with corn on his head? Just another question that needs to answered so this team can go forward.

While we’re at it, the same guy got bamboozled by Calgary in taking DeAngelis and cutting a guy who did much less to deserve it than Sandro The Flip Flop DeAngelis.

Done, gone, thanks DeAndra but you are not the ultimate CFL back. Bye, bye... And you're not the only problem with this offense, Glenn has no legs and the defense doesn't care about him running, that's another matter.

Our offense is toast because no real bang back or running ability back. Hey if you have a Danny Mac arm, that's different, but KG doesn't have that arm. But yes, KG numbers are huge this year, I realize.

Now I might be all wrong and our Offensive Coordinator doesn't have clue...

The CFL has become a running game really more than in the past and Cobb, no go with the "new" CFL.

Cobb has gone back to hesitating, waiting for a hole to develop, rather than just pounding the ball forward. He got away from this mid-season, but has reverted to his early-season form. Not sure why he has lost his aggression, but he's just not getting the job done.

Yup, we need a Robertson, Coubourne, Cates, Boyd type of back but as I say, this is not the only problem with this offense, much deeper than that. O coordinator perhaps :?