Coaching Vacancies

Now that Tim Burke is officially out in Winnipeg, who would be on a potential list to fill the 3 positions currently available (Ottawa, Edmonton, Winnipeg). I will get the ball rolling by listing 5 that would be on my list of possibles.

Craig Dickinson - Hiding in the shadows of his brother, could be ready for the leap.
Dave Dickinson - Will likely be interviewed by all three teams, may be happy with roll in Calgary though.
Paul LaPolice - Experience may be key for a new franchise.
Tom Higgins - Probably the best CFL resume of them all.
Rick Campbell - Great pedigree.

My choices:

Ottawa - Paul LaPolice
Winnipeg - Tom Higgins
Edmonton - Craig Dickinson

No inside information, just feel that these guys would be good fit for these cities.

Dave is going nowhere…if he does it will be Edmonton…he is not leaving the province.

I can’t see Higgins taking anything…he has pretty good security now.

There has been some talk about a few of the TSN Panalists.

Khari Jones keeps popping up as the next Bombers HC:

@friesensunmedia Khari Jones' resume: has been a QB, OC and co-owns a Booster Juice franchise with W Miller. More free juice for the media? #Bombers

As for the timing of this: Gotta be ready to pounce if the Riders lose this weekend. #Bombers Khari Jones

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=436518

After finishing the year with a 3-15 record, the Winnipeg Blue Bombers have fired head coach Tim Burke.

Burke was in his first full season as head coach of the Blue Bombers after being named to the position on an interim basis midway through last season.

He was in his second season as the team’s defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach.

“We thank Tim for his passion, hard work and professionalism throughout the past year and a half he has been in this role, and for his tireless efforts over the past three seasons with the Winnipeg Football Club,” President and CEO Wade Miller said in a team release. “If an opportunity does arise for him to join our staff as a defensive coordinator, our organization would definitely be open to exploring this with Tim.”

“I’ve really enjoyed my time in Winnipeg and am grateful for the opportunity this franchise gave me. The fan support in this city and province is just really remarkable and it is one of the greatest things I can take away from this experience in Winnipeg,” Burke said in the release.

Before joining the Blue Bombers, Burke spent three seasons with the Montreal Alouettes as defensive coordinator and defensive backs coach where he won two Grey Cup titles.

His CFL career started as the defensive backs coach of the Calgary Stampeders, a position he held for three seasons.

Hmm.. will Reinbold get another kick at the can in Winnipeg? :lol: :lol: :lol:

[url=http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/11/12/potential-grey-cup-matchups-are-all-juicy]http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/11/12/p ... -all-juicy[/url]

Winnipeg and Edmonton are just playing the game. They both know who their coaches are going to be: Khari Jones (Bombers) and Rick Campbell (Eskimos)

Wade Miller will be the real GM in Winnipeg. He thinks he's going to be the next Ken Holland. That's why it will be Kyle Walters or Tom Higgins in Winnipeg. Eric Tillman is too strong for them, and he and Austin are doing great together over in Hamilton. Heard John Murphy has no interest with Miller pulling all the strings. The new Bombers GM is really going to be nothing more than an assistant GM

Zach Collaros will be the Bombers' starting quarterback next year. We were talking about it. The Bombers might do something like swap first-round picks with the Argos and give Toronto a good player, too. Maybe a defensive starter. Whatever they do, they have to do it before Dec. 10. That's the deadline on trades before everything freezes for Ottawa's big day of picking players on Dec. 16 "

If Kirk Penton says so it must be fact.

By the way, who is Kirk Penton? :cowboy: :lol:

no idea. just posting an article that belongs with this topic.

You guys should add Montreal to this list, since it's not yet clear whether Popp will return as HC or whether he will step aside and hire someone else.

Popp sounded as if he's going to remain as coach next season, when i listened to his press conference on monday.
although, i hope he gives that up.

He’s a sports reporter for the Winnipeg Sun. Been there for about 10 years and is syndicated nationally.

....Khari in the Peg,,, 'could' be some fire there along with the smoke...Business partners could have it's problems...then again maybe it has a few advantages....Miller to Khari''''' ' Now we have this kid in T.O. by the name of Collaros, who we like very much....do ya think we can get him into the 'booster juice business' as a little incentive to sign here....See ...win win all the way around.. :lol: Not much of a conflict of interest there and business is business :lol:

I meant that Dave is unlikely to relocate because he and his wife want to stay put until the kids are done school. She also has a pretty successful career going herself and doesn’t really want to uproot. Dave says the call is hers because she sacrifices for years for him…otherwise he would have already scratched his itch to coach

Someone will probably snap up Tim Burke for a defensive coaching position. Guy didn't get it done this year, but he wasn't exactly dealt a winning hand. Hopefully he lands on his feet.

…Bombers might hang on to him, as Burke says he would like to talk to the new head coach before making a decision on his future…??? :roll: :roll: He is a very good defensive co-ordinator and won’t have a problem finding work IF he decides to leave…

I meant that Dave is unlikely to relocate because he and his wife want to stay put until the kids are done school. She also has a pretty successful career going herself and doesn’t really want to uproot. Dave says the call is hers because she sacrifices for years for him…otherwise he would have already scratched his itch to coach
[/quote]
Yeah I knew what you meant, I added the “fit” in terms of staying in Alberta matters. I think though that unless he gets a promotion in Calgary, he would be open to moving north and the Eskimo’s for sure have him on there speed dial. Would not be at all surprised if Huf steps up to GM full time and Dave moves up with the Stamps. Similar to what Wally did in B.C. He has to know that Dave is a wanted man and if that is the cost of him staying, I can see Huf making the move.

I also think that Craig Dickinson is flying under a lot of peoples radar and could end up as a Head Coach before Dave.

Based on his time with Montreal, Ottawa seems very likely since most of their FO comes from there.

I too wouldn't be surprised to see Burke resurface as DC in Ottawa...

…if the stamps win the cup this year what you have noted could happen very soon…