COACHING/ PLAYER PERSONAL/ AND DECISIONS HAVE TO BE MADE NOW

Well I wasnt going to post, but I am at my wits end with this team ME, AT MY WITS END. I would give my right arm for this team. I love this team. But I have been tested to my Black,White and Gold core.
I have already come to the conclusion that the season is over. I understand that. However, there has been house cleaning on the field TIME TO HOUSE CLEAN IN THE OFFICE AND FOOTBALL OPERATIONS.
First let me say I am VERY disappointed in Taffe and Marcel Desjardins. I really had a lot of hope for the season, but feel like I have been sold a bill of good.
I have seen nothing but coaching mistakes, trades that would make your skin crawl, and quite frankly I AM EMBARASSED TO BE A TIGER CAT FAN. and I have never been ONE before.
THIS TEAM IS THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE ENTIRE LEAGUE.
Dare I say it, bring back Frank Kush, at least we won the games. Yes winning isn't everything, a GOOD EFFORT, AN ORGANIZED EFFORT, A HUMAN EFFORT IS ALL I ASK.

MR. YOUNG AND ENTIRE TICAT STAFF, THE PARTY IS OVER, THE HONEYMOON IS OVER, THERE IS NO AMOUNT OF SMOKE AND MIRRORS, AND PROMOTIONS THAT IS GOING TO HELP THIS TEAM THIS YEAR.
YOU HAVE STRIPPED US TO THE CORE, BY TAKING TRIED AND TRUE THINGS AWAY FROM US. ENOUGH !!! GET A COACHING STAFF WITH CFL EXPERIENCE, GET US PLAYERS WHO WANT TO PLAY FOR US AND STOP THE CIRCUS.

the message left by cheergirl was perfectly said, and she did not leave anything unsaid-well said.

CITY LEGEND

Kinda says it all. These are dark days for sure.

I vote cheergirl1985 for GM. You said it all. None of the staff deserves to be here. They are regressing, rather than getting better. There haven't been any improvements.

I totally relate to how you feel cheergirl..

I have never been so frustrated and embarrassed by my Ti-Cats. Our guys played with more guts even in our pathetic 2-16 1997 and 1-17 2003 seasons.

My main frustration and misunderstanding is that even though there is a lot of youth on the team they still shouldn't be this bad. Capable rookies do make mistakes but are still able to get the job done in general. Many of our rookies DO NOT seem capable at all. They just go out there and get dominated.

Its like suiting up a bunch of mall rat teens in army gear and dropping them in the middle of Baghdad.

You want to know why we are the laughing stock of the league?

Because we fire GM's and coaches like they are going out of style. You want the front office cleaned out. Last time I checked the business side of the operation was just fine. You want football operations gutted? We just did that last year. This is this regime's first year in power. Not their 4th like some like to believe. It's a building process. The admitted their mistkes and are correcting them. I think we might be need a D coordinator and some new players sure, but to gut the football operations 2 years in a row is a joke.

While I understand what you are saying here ScottyDogg, you must admit 1 years or not. The football side starts with the head coach and I frankly am not seeing leadership here. He surrounded himself with "his" cronies who collectively have NO CFL experience. I even recall one of the Assts. say and I quote to my memory " I just can't get used to the 3 downs" DUH !!!!
I see no fire under Taffe, I am hugely disappointed. If the players are not receiving the right information or at best mixed signals who suffers? The fans are Freaky out and I can't even imagine it from a players point of view when you coach for your discpline doesn't have one either.
First year or not, These are not ROOKIE mistakes IT IS A LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF THE CFL GAME. That is the problem

While admit that coaching is a lot pf the problem. Who was availaible with CFl experience that could have been hired?

danny barrett would have been a perfect choice for head coach, he has experience as a QB and could mentor young QBs, has experience in the NCAA level and could recruit players to come up north, he has head coaching experience, and pro personnel experience, plus he has enough contacts that he could assemble a coaching staff, all controversies aside, roy shivers would be a good front office addition, this guy has an eye for talent and is always able to find underrated players like kenton keith.

Bob Young likes to hire and surround himself with people that are yes-men and not guys that will get the job done, if shivers and barrett were here, both of them combined with printers would turn the ship around and at the same they are very familiar with players that they could recruit to come play for them in Hamilton.

Its time for the ticats to get rid of the gimmicks, like white helmets, gold jerseys, gold pants, blackouts, whiteouts, downtown head office hype, double-header games with McMaster, hiring CIS coaches, hiring coaching cronies, hiring retired interim coaches like salavantis and lancaster. etc, etc. and get some experienced guys like barrett and shivers, and get less browne up here too.

I am talking about coordinators at the time of Taaffe's hire. There is no way anyone could disagree with Taaffe's hiring at the time. He had the credentials and was strongly praised at the time we hired him.

well money talks, if the ticats offered top dollar they could get any coordinator they wanted, but the thing is, the current coordinators in the cfl aren't all that good, they certainly should of looekd for a guy like john hufnagel to work on the offense, and possibly a guy like less browne or stubler to work defense.

I'm not sure Stubler would leave unless it was for a head coaching spot. Like I said at the time of Taaffe's hiring it looked like a good one.

Part of the problem here as mentioned is lack of experience. But football is football. It's just learning the nuances of the game.

taafe getting hired looked only good to him, because he was getting fired as offensive coordinator at Pitt, so he got a cushy head coaching job in hamilton, then he saw it as a nice payday, he got to hire some of his cronies, and he can just relax, because he knows he has job security with a first-time gm. This is what happens when you hire a first-time GM, he blows up the football operations/coaching staff, then allows his head coach to hire cronies with high school experience. Bob Young, kept harping on how he made mistake in hiring a first-time head coach, then he goes out and hires a first-time GM, what kind of joke is that? Marcel is also to obsessed with CFL draft, this guy has like 4 first round draft picks in the lineup, and none of these guys are impact players, how can you be a 1st round draft pick and play on the worst team in the league, and still not be an impact player or at least get some stats?

The head coaching position in Hamilton is cushy? ROTFLMFAO!

Sorry, I thought you wrote Kushy. :wink:

No it isn't. Getting a disaster for a football program that has been for several seasons isn't. George Seifert inheriting the keys from Bill Walsh to the Niners dynasty? Cushy.

Taaffe was an OFFENSIVE CONSULTANT at Pitt, not the OC. Be clear.

http://www.pittblather.com/2006/08/

Anyway, head coaches hire their people more often than not. O'Neil was a late replacement for Rust, so his "crony" status is somewhat debatable. The CFL-readiness of some of the hires has emerged as the main issue, not their pedigrees.

Oski Wee Wee,

the job is cushy, because he gets a decent salary, he can easily undermine his first-time gm, and he has job security because there are no replacements waiting in the wings to takeover. Rod rust wouldn't have made a difference anyways, and as offensive consultant at Pitt taafe didnt even do a good job, because i watch pitt in the big east and they didnt even light it up.

Get your TinFoil ™ hats here!

Pitt didn't light it up. Who cares, he wa an offensive consultant, not an offensive coordinator. Also when it comes to college teams, an offensive consultant has no say in recruiting. Recruiting plays a huge part of how successful you will be. Most players going to the big east are now going to Louisville, Rutgers and WVU. His college consultant position was cushy. being a head coach anywhere isn't cushy.

Then you missed Pitt go to a BCS game (the Fiesta Bowl) while CT was there, and Tyler Paalko, the QB, said his development was due in great part to CT...You want to hold him responsible for poor choices at asst and maybe poor game management so far, go ahead...but somewhere, the guy has shown he can coach and develop...

GIVE IT TIME...yes, it has been a long 5 years, but this year is year one of a new regime...changes have to be, and will be made...

OR ELSE