Coaches

Cortez is gone
Dyce is reportedly going to be gone
Big rumors Hall will be gone on his own accord
Baron Miles potentially gone

will be an interesting couple of weeks. Dose Geroy get in the mix? Joseph? Lapo? Dinwiddie? Garcia? Warman? All sorts of names being thrown out there, and that is just for OC. Heard a rumor Mike Sinclair is in running for a spot.

Mass ins going to the ORBS and Garcia is displaced by AC.

it sounds like there will be 5 changes

Hall is a big hit if he leaves. Hopefully its a promotion, not a lateral movement. I know he takes a lot of flack, but he consistently puts out solid defenses. Dyce's special teams have gotten progressively worse, especially this year. That could have been because Milo can't punt or handle kickoffs or even make field goals consistently, but the cover teams cost us some games this season. Cortez, well I like him, he called a good season last year and has helped Durant more than we know but I can understand why he is gone.

Yikes that is a big turnover in the coaching staff if they all go. Hall I have had no issue with the last two years so losing him would not be good. Could be a big rebuilding year this year which I was really hoping we would not have just one season after the grey cup win. If you have one area that needs work then fine change things but to clean house so to speak seems a bit drastic. Like I said OC and special teams were an issue but the defense was solid considering the amount of time they played most games. Hope Hall changes his mind. ( didn't think I would ever say that)

oh interesting, I never thought of geroy, I wonder if he has coaching asperations

Cortez, I liked him and his record speaks for itself. He didn't have the talent to orchestrate what he wanted. He got us a grey cup last season and people are too short sighted with their memories. But to say the offense was off is an understatement.

Hall - Wait and see. His defense always delivers. This season was a bit of an off year but they gambled with Peters/Hurl at MLB and I don't think that position ever sorted itself out. You remember the Shomari experiment at MLB 3-4 yrs ago.........that was a writeoff. Hall needed a MLB and he never could find one.

Baron Miles - Wai and see.

Dyce - I was never a huge fan. As special teams got worse it was easy for me to point his way. But he didn't have the talent he needed there either. But if he goes and becomes HC of the Rams, good for him.

Interesting to see who they can pull in as OC and then watch who that guy keeps or lets go? New QB coach is likely?

A earlier thread by Depop listed the Dline coach from 1-2 years ago.....I think??? If so I think we want to get him back. Is that the guy who went to the Bears with Trestman?

Coaches coaches.......and we have to wait for Wally to drop his decision to get the dominoes going.

yes wally wally, what'll it be ????

I can't help but agreeing with vanstones, that the riders might be jumping the gun by changing the whole coaching staff, as far as i'm concerned when Durant went down that was the nail in the coffin for this season. they were doing ok considering they lost so many players after 2013 season, but losing Durant basically ended the season after that. but we obviously didn't have the depth to over come, hence I wouldn't put all the blame on all the coaches, maybe it just wasn't going to be our year again, sometimes you have to sail the ship through rough waters .

A earlier thread by Depop listed the Dline coach from 1-2 years ago.....I think??? If so I think we want to get him back. Is that the guy who went to the Bears with Trestman?

Coaches coaches.......and we have to wait for Wally to drop his decision to get the dominoes going.
[/quote]
I believe the guy you are referring to is Mike Sinclair.
correct me if im wrong but didn't he sign with us and a short time later he left to go with Trestman to the Bears ?

So did Hall leave “on his own accord” or did he get the boot?

From anything I have read it's kind of vague how it exactly went down. The only thing that makes me wonder if he is still being considered for another position possibly with the team it would almost sound like a mutual agreement. Hard to say though.

Looks like Garcia's off the list for anything:

"Higgins said Garcia, who joined Montreal in August as an offensive consultant before being promoted to quarterbacks coach, won't return. Garcia has a young family living in Southern California and wants to be closer to home."