Coach Trestman interviewing with the Colts

Anyway they chose Chuck Pagano... So all we need is a good DC. After reading up on Reinebold's body of work over the last four or five years, he might be a fine choice. I think the players would love playing for him.

[quote="HfxTC"]Anyway they chose Chuck Pagano...

indeed.

http://www.nfl.com/

Jones left before Trestman was HC. He left Montreal after the 2007 season.

Elizondo didn’t go to Toronto until 2010 - he went to college ball after 2008. Creehan rarely stays more than a season anywhere.

Position coaches are easily replaced anyway. Having the HC, DC and OC together for 3 seasons considering the success of the team is suprising.

According to RDS, Tresman will not be the Colts' HC, but will likely remain with the Als. Hope so!

http://www.rds.ca/football/chroniques/334036.html

Good news with regards to Trestman. Staying.

Let’s now hope that the signings of assistants will be announced soon.

Richard

Oh, thanks for enlightening me on the workings of my own team. :roll:

I’m quite aware of that. I was counting the offseason before Trestman took over.

Elizondo didn't go to Toronto until 2010 - he went to college ball after 2008. Creehan rarely stays more than a season anywhere.

Position coaches are easily replaced anyway. Having the HC, DC and OC together for 3 seasons considering the success of the team is suprising.

Yes, I made a mistake on Elizondo. But he still left after the 2008 season, regardless of where he went. We’ll have to disagree on the value of position coaches.

Not sure why I bother, since you will post some annoying rebuttal that, as usual, demonstrates your compulsive need to have the last word in everything, and to never be wrong.

I think our coordinators have benefited from working with Trestman. I've never heard ONE say a bad word about the guy. They've all progressed to HC positions that is enough of a statement.

What coordinator under Trestman besides Milanovich is a head coach?

Like others have mentioned, I find it very annoying everytime Trestmans name comes up for an NFL opening. But I guess its a tradeoff for having a quality head coach.

Now dont get me wrong, I hope hes here for a long time (but still must expand the playbook!), but the question has to be asked why he hasn`t been hired as a head coach in the NFL by now. Besides his body of work and Grey Cup wins with the Als, he spent 9-10 years as a NFL assistant, and yet continues to be bypassed.

Is there some missing ingredient keeping him from being hired?

Maybe. However success with the “new” position coach is another story!

My post was referring to Trestman’s coaching staff and Jones was never a part of that staff. As well I don’t how you can say you’ve had 4 DCs in 4 years when you had Burke as DC for 3 seasons. Under Trestman this will be the 3rd DC in 5 seasons.

Did you see a drop off in performance when the position coaches mentioned in this thread (Creehan, Elizondo and Martino) left? Trestman didn’t seem to have a problem having success with their replacements.

Our new oline coach Pat Meyer’s pedigree is “at least” as good as Himebauch.

•Officially joined the Colorado State coaching staff on Jan. 14, 2008. Promoted to run game coordinator on March 13, 2009, and became offensive coordinator on Jan. 8, 2010.

•Saw four of his 2009 starters on the Rams’ offensive line earn 2010 NFL roster spots.

•Named one of the nation’s top 25 recruiters by Rivals.com in 2010.

•Coached four eventual NFL players on CSU’s offensive line from 2008-09.

•One of six current CSU coaches who played previously at the school.

•Among the Western Athletic Conference’s most consistent offensive linemen, earned all-conference honors three straight years and helped Hill and the Rams to a magical 1994 season that ended in the Holiday Bowl.

•Has eight years of experience as a strength and conditioning coach in major collegiate weight rooms.

•At N.C. State, helped to condition and train five first-round NFL draft choices: Mario Williams, the No. 1 overall selection in 2006, Philip Rivers, Manny Lawson, Koren Robinson and John McCargo.

•After signing with the NFL’s Arizona Cardinals as a free agent in 1995, played one season (1996) in the Arena Football League, with the St. Louis Stampede.

I am not worried. Trestman has shown he’s not affraid to admit making a mistake. I think he holds the record. He fired a coach after 3 or 4 weeks.

I'm not worried about Trestman's ability to hire a good external candidate. I'm just very curious to see who the new DC is, and what kind of defense he installs.

I’m curious as well as to who else hfx is referring to.

Ah, did not realize that your analysis was based solely on those three!

With those coaches I was giving examples on Trestman’s experience only. Thought that was obvious from the last sentence.

[/quote]
With those coaches I was giving examples on Trestman's experience only. Thought that was obvious from the last sentence.
[/quote]
Blueblood, Thanks for clarifying!

i surmise he doesn’t want to respond . better the myth. onwards.

Semantics...The man's groomed 2 position coach to coordinator in Montreal. One is now a HC the other just got an 700k a year job as a DC in a division 1 school. Most here consider those promotions and both are grateful to Marc.

ha ha ha…ok