Coach Richard Harris

.....Coach Harris collapsed in the Bomber office today and was rushed to hospital....No further statement released by the club.....I hope for the best outcome for the coach....He's a great part of what makes this team tic...

The Bombers have released a statement saying Richard Harris has died. My deepest sympathies to his family. He will be missed by many.

The Winnipeg Football Club would like to express its deepest condolences to the family of Defensive Line and Assistant Head Coach Richard Harris, who was taken to hospital and passed away earlier this afternoon.

“This has struck our entire organization from the top down,? said Blue Bomber President Jim Bell. “We are all in a state of shock and first and foremost would like to express our deepest sympathies to his family. The Winnipeg Football Club has lost not only a great coach, but an even better man.?

Harris joined the Blue Bombers in 2006 as the team’s Defensive Line Coach. He was appointed Assistant Head Coach prior to the 2011 season.

The Football Club will have no other comment on this matter at this time.

http://www.bluebombers.com/article/statement-regarding-coach-richard-harris

....What a huge loss....Shocked and saddened by the passing of a great coach and well repected man...To say he will be missed is an understatement of huge proportions...Condolences to his family...A very sad day indeed

Very sad news indeed, deepest sympathy to his family and friends.

Echo that. The league is a little poorer today, losing such a class act and a darn good d line coach

X2,
What a sad sad day in the CFL this is....

Rest easy Coach Harris. A fantastic coach and a sweet man. You will be missed.

What a shock that is. Thoughts and prayers go out for the family, friends, and team.

My sincere thoughts and prayers go out to everyone (family, friends, co-workers, players, etc) in Coach Harris' life. I am a die hard Tiger-Cats fan but today there are no teams. Today it's for Coach Harris!

Go Blue Bombers!

X3 .... thoughts and prayers to the Harris family and the Bombers family.

This is very sad. Coach Harris will be missed. A class act and a wonderful human being. Our thoughts and prayers to the Harris family and the players and coaches of the CFL who were so close to Coach Harris. I feel very badly for the young players on the Bombers who saw him as somewhat of a father figure.

my deepest condolences and sympathies to the family and friends of Coach Harris. I had never met the man but all I had heard about him before made me wish i would meet him one day. All the kind words about him have just shown that he was a special man in all aspects. He will be dearly missed by all.

The Bombers website has a link to the funeral home's Book of Memories webpage for Richard Harris if anyone wishes to leave a message of condolences.

Thanks Blue Blood…I’m very inspired upon viewing the Memories webpage.

for those who can't make their way over to the bomber website

http://neilbardal.frontrunnerpro.com/runtime/4041/runtime.php?SiteId=4041&NavigatorId=62311&ItemId=900406&viewOpt=dpaneOnly&op=tributeMemorialCandles

Such a wonderful way to tribute coach Harris last night at the game. I thank BC Lions very much for their support. It was heartfelt and touching to see them side by side during the moment of silence, and the way they game our men support throughout the game. Thank you BC Lions!