Coach Quotes

Predictions…Clichés …Quotes… and Winners

November 13, 2005 Post-game interview Toronto

“Hey, Brady was in a zone early, but our defence stepped up. As Archie Griffen once said - It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. And, you know, Bashir broke a couple in the second half, and that’s close to my heart. With Damon hurt our special teams had to show up today.â€? -Mike “Pinballâ€? Clemons

November 20,2005 Post-game interview Montreal

“Well AC didn’t bring his “Aâ€? game, so we went to plan “Bâ€? and ran Jenkins a little more. He had a pretty good day and once again demonstrated the old Daugherty line that football isn’t a contact sport, it’s a collision sport. Dancing is a contact sport, which is what Toronto’s defence seemed to want to do and it cost them.â€? - Don Matthiews

November 13, 2005 Post-game interview Regina

“You know, Carm, th’s exactly right. We don’t worry about our destiny. We are of the Vince Lombardi school - individual commitment to a group effort – that is what makes us a team. Edmonton is always a force, but you saw it today where Marcus picked up Nealon, Elijah picked up Karston, and the D-line took their brotherhood to another level.â€? -Danny Barrett

November 20,2005 Post-game interview Vancouver

“You know, Carm� th’s exactly right. Execution, execution, execution we’ve been say’n all year. Today we came in here with a desire to erase last year’s memories and we did exactly that. It was a total team effort in all three phases of the game, and with Paul icing it, you couldn’t have written a better script. - Danny Barrett

I hope you’re right with all of them. Great job.

For a second there I thought I was reading actual quotes from last year.

Oh crap did we run up the score, we should not have done that now we are a target for everyteam.

Danny Barrett