Coach Kent Austin on the Fan 590 Primetime Sports

Coach Austin is going to be interviewed by Bob McCown today on Primetime Sports!

What time?

After the sports update at 5:20 pm !!

You can Listen Live below

http://player.rogersradio.ca/cjcl/on_air

Just listened to it. He said a lot of the right things I think and in a way that was direct and to the point without sounding harsh. My initial assessment is he's easier on the ears than Cortez.

I think Stepehn Brunt nailed it. Austin, the Ti-Cats’ first choice last year, made it known he was ready to come now, so they dumped Cortez. Otherwise, if Austin stayed with the NCAA, Cortez would still be the coach of the TiCats.

Thing is Brunt and McCown know how to ask questions.

I rather enjoyed Cortez’ demenaour with the dumb questions. If there’s anyhitng I find boring, it’s an interview with dumb questions, and dumb or cliched answers.

To me that's a bit of a scary thought. As management, once you've decided your current guy is not the right person for the job, it's not healthy to keep him in place. You won't be happy, he'll pick up on that and he won't be happy either. Then the whole organization picks up the unpleasant scent. I'm glad it worked out as it did. I hope George C gets a new job that works for him too.

[quote="stevehvh I hope George C gets a new job that works for him too.
[/quote]
As others have already mentioned, I'd love to see hi as OC, but I can't see that happening.

[quote author="CaptainKirk"]

As others have already mentioned, I'd love to see hi as OC, but I can't see that happening.

I'm with you on that.

George will be fine I think, he's got some guarranteed money to buy time but he knows a guy like Austin doesn't come around very often and when he does, a team has to go for him in a situation like the Cats have been in, not very good, Obie not working out etc. It will be interesting to see where George lands. :?