Coach Austin

Great article in todays Spec about Kent Austin.

I think he has done a great job rebuilding this team, he deserves alot of credit, and the future looks good again for Hamilton fans with Kent in charge. Not sure how long he was signed up for with the TiCats , but if I were Bob Young Id make it long term.

Looking forward to tomorrow...only one more sleep to go!

I saw the article on the Scratching Post blog and I concur - it was an excellent article. Austin has done a great job in spite of many challenges. I see him as a serious contender for Coach of the Year, especially if the Ticats do well in the playoffs! :thup: :thup: :smiley: :smiley:

Not just trying to bump this up....well maybe a little.

But once again I love the way Austin coaches. Going for third and one during OT on two occasions showed his faith in his players, and Im sure the players take note and love his.... were playing to win attitude.
He's got cahones and the fans and players know it, and he deserves alot of credit for the win.

True....it showed guts, even though it didn't work.

One thing bothered me during the game, and I still can't think of a reasonable answer --- why no timeout at the end of the first half? With the blocked punt, they would have had a field goal, and maybe even a shot at the endzone before. Even if they didn't block the punt, with that wind field goal range was a possibility.

I can't think of any reason for not calling the timeout in that situation. Nada one. It cost the TCs at least 3 points, which could have cost them the game. I can't help but think KA just missed it.

Also, at the end of the third quarter, a timeout call would also have been effective, as it would have forced the Als to punt into the wind, which would have meant an average of 30 yards difference. As it was, they punted on the first play of the 4th quarter -- 60+ yards.

Hate to be a Debbie Downer, but he bailed on Sask with a contract in place to coach at 'Ole Miss. One year at a time with KA.

Debbie,

Before implying a negative about someone you either need the whole story, or at least a pattern of behaviour. Kent is one of the most honorable men I've had the pleasure of meeting in recent years. There is no pattern in Kent's life of his not honoring commitments.

Cheers, Bob.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would be very surprised if he is not Coach of the year

x2