Clime bias

Didn't take Clime long to get some digs in at the Cats, it just isn't in him to be a impartial reporter

Somewhat like Matty "Get er Done" and the Esks. Dunnigan was pretty quiet last night when the" best defensive team in the west" got thumped by the Torontos. :lol:

Pat Lynch(the old guy)

When Clime is on the panel he is NOT a reporter - he is a commentator. Commentators have opinions, hence all the "What'd you THINK Shultzie?" etc. I don't need Clime to like my team.

Since we're on the topic of TSN - My God do I wish Glen Suitor would actually talk about the game during broadcasts. It's one banality / cliche after another with that guy - zero insight. "Yes Glen, some dogs are brown."

I'll take Clime over Suitor any day.

If it were humanly possible, I'd like Chris Cuthbert and Duane Forde to do all the games. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Pat Lynch(the old guy)

Once a Barracuda, always a Barracuda.

agreed!
Suitor just yaps and yaps and yaps, I end up turning the sound off. Too bad we couldn’t take a hint from English soccer broadcasts - One guy in the booth doing play by play nothing wrong with dead time.

I like those two more than any of the others. Duane seems to understand that there are two teams playing and more than a couple of players to focus on during the course of a game.

For the Hamilton game last Friday, I turned off the TV audio and listened to Coach Sal on the radio. Made it much more informative and enjoyable.

The TSN Way :
Home team gets all the love and sprinkle in good things about other team. Its the way its always been the way it will all ways be.
But I will say Suitors man-love for BLM and Hughes , even after a big HAM play, was particularly acute but thats Suitor - he dials in on a guy for love and wont let go.

A couple of years ago, the blew team played in Hamilton, it was the first game back after injury for Ricky Ray, and they talked, it seemed for most of that game, about his injury, his recovery, and his performance during this very game.

You’d swear it was an intersquad game, because the Tiger cats, by commentary, were invisible.

Home team or not, TSN have their favourite teams and players and are unapologetic about it.

Just ask Darren Dutchyshen about his unabashed support for the greenies during the 2013 Grey Cup pregame show.

fireeater: If you are going to criticize someone you ought to at least spell his name correctly.
It’s CLIMIE.

Climie is a panelist, not a reporter. He can be obnoxious once in a while but he provides an independent view on the game, the players and the teams. Sometimes he is right. Take it for what it is…an opinion.

I believe that we can take and do, honest digs at us from Mr.Climie…He is well educated and informed with football…now I don’t always agree with him but he is usually on the edges of the truth …besides I like a little crap thrown around…it’s good fun!!!

Climie has been criticized by more than just this forum.

I recall during one game, not long ago, his responding on air about his perceived lack of objectivity.

He works for a NATIONAL broadcaster, not just a local station. There are fans and viewers looking in from ALL over the country.

Therefore, it should be within the panel’s mandate to be impartial.

They all have their biases, and they seem to be angled to their former teams.

I find it’s like asking a salesman to provide an objective opinion on the product he’s selling.

Lately, before and during half time, by adjusting the audio on my TV, I tune them out for that reason.

Climie is a " lawyer" enough said.................................

If you want to know why Climie ALWAYS spits on us, take a look at this…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLXRc94IEjU

Go to the 5:15 mark…look at the look on his face…this is why he can’t say anything good about a team in Black and Gold!

If he at least said something good once a year it would be better. Some Ti-cat during his playing days must have given him a shot that really got him.

They did a great job calling the game on the radio. :thup:

Back in the day there was some merciless hecklers behind the visitors dugout.
They got under his skin numerous times.
I don’t blame him for hating The Cats.

oldfan wrote: " Climie has been criticized by more than just this forum.

I recall during one game, not long ago, his responding on air about his perceived lack of objectivity.

He works for a NATIONAL broadcaster, not just a local station. There are fans and viewers looking in from ALL over the country.

Therefore, it should be within the panel’s mandate to be impartial.

They all have their biases, and they seem to be angled to their former teams.

I find it’s like asking a salesman to provide an objective opinion on the product he’s selling.

Lately, before and during half time, by adjusting the audio on my TV, I tune them out for that reason."

old fan: Well…I did say he provides an independent view of the game. Independence though may not be what the viewer wants to hear if Climie is deemed to be criticizing a team the viewer supports.
I have the same problem with Climie as I have Matt Dunigan but for a different reason. All Dunigan usually provides is jock talk with little substance. Regardless, I respect both Climie and Dunigan a great deal because they were both good players…same as Schultzy. He is the only one I enjoy.
But…like you, I rarely watch the panel at half time…and all of their predictions before the game usually turn out to be 100 per cent wrong.

Too bad for him, as a professional athlete, he has to ignore that stuff, and not let it affect his game. If it DID, then WE (the fans), as the hecklers, did OUR job to distract him. There are far too many personal biases on the individual TSN personalities for impersonal views. As far as I;m concerned, both Forde and Schultz are the best.