Clear From the Outset

It was clear from the outset of Friday night's game that Montreal had the "eye of the tiger". If you noticed during the pre-game ceremonies, the Als didn't walk out ont the field during the ceremonial "mocking song". In this case it was Celine Dion's version of "My Heart Will Go On" (Sarah Brightman's is much better by the way http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue5Xm01O ... re=related). They walked to the 55 and remained there while our guys were being introduced. This psycho-battle indicated to me that the Als were serious about showing us who the boss in the East really is. After the final score I'd say "mission accomplished."

I DID notice that too, and agree with your assessmant. 100%

montreal just had a poise about them i watched before at the half and when they came out after half. They walked tall and proud they have a arrogance about them and they are intimidating. They do what they want when they want and there aint nothing we could do to stop them and thats why they are the powerhouse of the league in my eyes

Agreed. The Alouettes gave a textbook performance on execution on Friday night. When the Ticat coaching staff breaks down the post-game film with the team, they should spend less reviewing their own mediocre performances and spend more time on how well the Alouettes executed their plays. The Ticats are an improved team this year but they have a long way to go to legitimately contend with the Als.

That can actually be an excellent teaching tool. Here boys is how its done. Break down Montreal's performance and ignore Hamilton's. It would be far to disheartening to point out every mistake the team made and could destroy their confidence.

TCs didn't look like they belonged in the same league with the Als, pain to say it but sure thinking it. :?

Montreal's confidence comes from a winning tradition. Once upon a time, Hamilton had that confidence too, but the last 5 years have been anything but a winning tradition in Steeltown. You guys are building the swagger back up, though, and I hope that in 1-2 years Ti-Cat players have the same expectation of winning no matter who they're playing. You don't change a culture of losing overnight.

What jumped out to me was that after winning the coin toss, the Alouette captains didn't hesitate when saying "We'll receive". It struck me like they wanted the ball and were planning to ram it down the throats of the Ticats, which they did over 60 minutes.

This still a Young Football Team
Still Learning what Take to win Big Games.
Montreal has AC when AC is Gone they'll be in Trouble

8) Don't worry about Montreal, when AC retires, either MacPherson, or Leak will be ready to step
 in as the starter.

If either one of them are not capable, you can bet that Jim Popp will come up with someone !!

Nope, they'll go down the drain after the Calvillo years just like the Argos after the Allen years.

There will certainly be a drop-off at the QB position, at least initially, but unlike the Argos, my Als actually know how to scout and develop talent. I highly doubt we'll 'go down the drain.' The East will have a lot more parity, but I expect Montreal to remain very much in the playoff mix.

8) I agree with you completely !!
 As long as Jim Popp is there, they will come up with all the talent they need to remain in the mix !!

You know what, I don't buy these excuses much. The current team were not here for all the losing seasons. They are not really a young team. They brought in plenty of veterans this year. While you may want to point to these excuses that's all they are is excuses. We lost because we did not play well and our coaches did not prepare their team or call the plays to make them successful.

The Cats lost I believe because we don't have a pass rush they just love throwing those short passes and march down the field you have to get in his face a little bit anyway, the Cats didn't get close to him all night if you can get in his face you can beat this team

i agree, they scout and develop players well. Winning mentality/enviroment is a “Culture”, that Montreal definetly has and has implemented. Sure , there would be a drop-off at the QB position but I can’t imagine one player would effect an organization as solid as Montreal…

They wouldn't be horrible because they've still got a lot of great players. But the quarterback is the engine of the team. I suspect they'd be a 10-8 team. So much of their great execution depends on AC getting the ball out quickly, especially on their short passes and swing passes. If the ball is delivered a second later the receiver is stopped in his tracks, instead he makes a 20 yard gain. It's that timing that AC has mastered. It's really nice to watch how polished their plays are. But it starts with the quarterback. The year AC left during the season to be with his wife the Als play really went downhill. While still in the play off mix, they looked rather average. However, AC should be around a while. He doesn't seem to be showing signs of slowing down yet.

8) You're right. As a matter of fact, AC is in the best shape he has ever been in.
 He is on a special workout regimen and a new diet, and has lost 15 lbs, to begin this season.

He looks like a new man, and probably could play for another 2 or 3 years if he wants to.    <!-- s:lol: -->:lol:<!-- s:lol: -->

Excellent post.

Can't disagree with you in the slightest, but the OP was talking about us "going down the drain." To me, 10-8 is not going down the drain by any means. :slight_smile: Incidentally, we were a 10-8 team last season too.

So much of their great execution depends on AC getting the ball out quickly, especially on their short passes and swing passes. If the ball is delivered a second later the receiver is stopped in his tracks, instead he makes a 20 yard gain. It's that timing that AC has mastered. It's really nice to watch how polished their plays are. But it starts with the quarterback.
No doubt. Timing offenses are more reliant on the QB than most. I fully expect McPherson to have growing pains and setbacks as he adjusts to the starter's role. But I also have faith that our coaches will give him the best possible chance to succeed.
The year AC left during the season to be with his wife the Als play really went downhill. While still in the play off mix, they looked rather average. However, AC should be around a while. He doesn't seem to be showing signs of slowing down yet.
This isn't quite true. Calvillo himself had a poor year, which was the result of a number of factors:

[ol]- A rookie head coach (Jim Popp) with no real ability.

• Marcel Bellefeuille as offensive coordinator. No offense to Ti-Cat fans, but it isn't exactly a wild claim to say that Marcel doesn't have a great track record in the CFL as an O.C.
  • Charlie Carpenter as O-line coach. Our O-line gave up something like 60-plus sacks that year.
  • That stupid change in the stitching on the football which affected Calvillo's throws, and which was mercifully scrapped the following season.
  • The QB coach (Milanovich), under Popp and/or Bellefeuille's orders, changing Calvillo's footwork and mechanics (!).[/ol]

Despite all that, we still finished at 8-10. A losing record, not great definitely, but we didn't go 4-14 or anything.