CJFL 2022 (Canadian Junior Football League)

Westshore defeats Langley 36-20.

Okanagan defeats Vancouver Island 50-19.

Valley defeats Prince George 31-5. Tough start for the expansion team.

Still a few more weeks till the other CJFL conferences start their seasons.

Here's the schedule of BCFC games to be broadcast on Telus.

I believe the games will show up on Youtube a couple days later.

Here's Saturday's game:

Here's a young Canadian QB to keep an eye on:

TE JESSIE

QB-WESTSHORE REBELS

When the son of former Grey Cup & Superbowl winner Tim Jessie transferred from Carleton University this past off-season, Rebels head coach Shane Beatty was confident his club had signed a key piece to get back to the play-offs after a 1-7 season in 2021.

The massive signal caller out of St. Pauls High School in Winnipeg made a statement in leading his club to a 36-20 road win over the defending national champion Langley Rams.

Jessie was stellar in completing 16 of 22 passes for 222 yards, 3TDS & 1 interception. He also added a rushing touchdown of his own.

Here's the Week 2 schedule for BCFC games. I have it on good authority that our very own @mahalcflers will be working the game in Kamloops. :love_you_gesture:

Any other forum members out there who officiate at the grassroots level?

Week 2
Jul 30 4 Valley @ Westshore 4:00 PM Starlight Stadium
Jul 30 5 Okanagan @ Langley 4:00 PM McLeod Stadium
Jul 30 6 VI Raiders @ Kamloops 6:00 PM Hillside Stadium

It looks as though the league and conferences are getting new logos.

Also of note, it looks to me as though the league is getting a new logo.

New?
cjflnew

Old
CJFL Logo_Trans

BCFC
bcfcnew

PFC
pfcnew

pfcold

OFC

ofcnew

ofcold.png

Here are yesterday's results. Of note, last year's national champion Langley Rams are not 0-2 to start the season. Coach Philpot can't be happy with that.

Valley @ Westshore 4:00 PM Starlight Stadium

Okanagan @ Langley 4:00 PM McLeod Stadium

VI Raiders @ Kamloops 6:00 PM Hillside Stadium

Prince George hosts their club's inaugural home game today.

Here's a preview of the Week 3 matchups. Will the defending national champs get their first win? Or is coach too busy watching his sons play in Montreal and Calgary? :slightly_smiling_face:

ps. one more week till the Prairie and Ontario conferences start playing

Sounds like the first game in Prince George was well received, though the home team lost.

Of note, former Stamp Keon Raymond is the head coach.

Another article about the impact the new team is having in Prince George. I hope Lethbridge can get to experience the same thing, with them being rumoured as the next CJFL expansion city.