CIS: McGill's Redmen season cancelled

I assume that for 2 remaining games the opposition will win by deafult. As for games played I believe the outcome will remain as they are

I just heard on the news that the record books will show it as a 1-0 loss for McGill

interesting

I guess that's the most fair way to show it.... does it mean the former opposing teams get a point for their kickers? :slight_smile:

I'm guessing it's just for book-keeping purposes. In a way, it's too bad for some of those other teams tho, guys are going to have reduced yardage totals, tackle and sack totals.... could be important come award time.

... or comes draft time.

this is gonna make it hard for Macgrill to get new better players to make the team stronger.

"What war your teams record in the 2005" a potential player asks.

"What season?" the Mcgill coach saus.

:lol:

No offence Kanga, but I'm fairly certain everybody playing football in Canada will know about this.... in fact, I'm fairly certain most American schools will be talking about it due to the cancellation of the season, I don't think it happens too often, it's probably going to be a bit of a news item.

Not in the American news, I'm sure of that. I was just making a joke, monkey.

Okay, no prob.... :slight_smile: I thought I saw something on it on Netscape's homepage, they never mention anything Canadian... but maybe it's only barely news in those states that are next to Quebec, whichever ones they are.

I heard some of the headmans of McGill University would like to get rid of the football team. Maybe the players gave them the argument they needed. That would be a shame though if they go that far.

that would be totally BS!!! THEY WANNA GET RID OF THE TEAM THAT THIS ONE OF THE FOUNDING FATHERS OF THE GAME ITSELF??? AND HAS EXIXTED FOR HUNDREADS OF YEARS???

I have only one thing to say to those folks, FUCK YOU!!!

hehehe dont get mad yet KK. That 's not done yet, and might never happen.

hundreds of years? :twisted:

I've heard of some pretty horrible ways that sports teams are hazing, and this is certainly one of the absolute most disgusting ones ive ever heard of, there is only one other, which is in the AHL that i know of that is worse. at UofA we had to wear drag to class for the first week of school, everyone had a good laugh about it and it really does bring the team together and make the rookies feel like they belong. for the life of me i dont understand this one! your damn right they should cancel the season! harsh yes, but uncalled for no, if these guys were truley skilled mature athletes they would of left the brooms at home and acted like the examples they are supposed to be setting for the community, these guys are role models for all the kids in the minor system, at least those kids know they wont get away with sh*t like that!

GoEsksGo

yeah, they played Havard in the frist football games in the 1860’s.

oh the hazing tales......how about this one, you are buck naked and there are two stools about 12 feet apart......ontop of each stool is a plate and sitting in one plate is a pickle (kosher dill)......now the object is to sit on the plate with the pickle and pick it between your butt cheeks and walk it over to the next stool and set it down on the plate......all the while taking a shot of tequila before each trip and of course if you drop the pickle in the process you have to eat it......ahhhhh the good old days.....

right, that's only a hundred and change, not hundreds.

Slow American here.......What happened at McGill??

they forfeited the rest of the season.

NO!!!! The hazing incident!!