Christion Jones released by Edmonton due to tweets

Careful Hank, you’ve now brought racism into the thread. That’s about as welcome around here as posts on religion or politics.

1 Like
  1. we aren’t allowed to converse about certain bold issues. Maybe we should just build a fire, sit around, and sing kumbaya. On second thought no, someone would be offended by that for some reason.

2. Couldn’t agree more about having minds changed by diverse opinions making you think.

1 Like

Won’t happen. They wouldn’t dare.

Why? They grieve dirty hits.

Then again this guy probably doesn’t rank as high in the grievance hierarchy so you may be right.

1 Like

Yes, and dirty hits have nothing to do with politics/religion/hate speech/LGBTQ issues.

In today's climate, they won't grieve it.

Could be right. He likely doesn’t rank very high on the grievance culture hierarchy.

And what would that lawsuit be based on? CFL contracts are not guaranteed and a player can be cut at any time for any reason…and whether you agree or not, this violates league/team policy…there will be no lawsuit

Whats the point of a union then?

...good question

Could be wrong but I’m pretty sure if CJ filed a grievance they would have to defend him (or at least seriously consider it). Unions do protect a lot more ridiculous stuff than what this guy did/said.

They have lots of ammo . I couldn’t believe Jim Popp was allowed to continue to work in the CFL after speaking to his US black players in a disparaging manner in Montreal and then was later hired in Toronto . I see this league as two faced bigots who take advantage of the black economics and prospects . I see the difference in the manner some executives act and this now tweet is not job losing . He did not say anything hateful compared to what white GM /coach Popp said in the locker room a few years back that was not investigated .

I was ashamed of the league .

1 Like

That’s not even hitting on the league welcoming in a guy (Manziel) just charged with beating up his girlfriend. Yeah real role model there.

I don’t follow…what does this have to do with a union? (and its not a union, its an association)

Let me ask you this. If a white CFL player on any team tweeted the opinion that “white players should only play with other white players, and that black players should only play with other black players, that’s just my opinion.” would your opinion of the situation change? Because what he tweeted was not much different than the hypothetical quote above.

I don’t answer hypotheticals. Sorry

Not much of a difference. You are splitting hairs.

Because you can’t and you know that you are wrong. This isn’t 1950.

1 Like

Oh yes he said gays can’t play with straights . Yes let’s make up things based on your conjecture .

He never said that at all .

Is there one player who is gay ?

He just posted his beliefs . He never said anything about hate or not willing to play with gays .

He just expressed his opinion on sexuality which is nobody’s business in the first place .

Why does the CFL treat black Americans like cannon fodder ?

Who is gay in the CFL ? Lets get rid of some black guy over a freakin weak tweet on sexuality .

Low lying fruit in the CFL the black CFL player if you ask me and I find people here racist comparing it to gays in the CFL which is a non issue .

Shame on the CFL and its fans .

1 Like

How can any gay players in the CFL ever come if opinions like that are acceptable? Once again, this isn’t 1950. Shame on you. The reaction to the discriminating tweet had nothing to do with the colour of his skin. It could have been Bow Levi Mitchel, I would have the same reaction.

If you are unable to see how the hypothetical above is the same level of discrimination you need to open your eyes and your heart and have a little bit of humility and humanity.

1 Like

Shame on you for being such a bigot in 2020 .

You put your words in another persons mouth to spout your cause of hate against anyone of colour who is conservative in thought .

They don’t all have to shine your shoes and bow down to the lofty liberal who thinks he knows whats best for anyone of colour because they should be happy just playing up here as long as they shut their mouths on any of the LGBQT .

The fact is even gays and lesbians are being hanged for not adhering to the rules of the LGBQT mob who all have to think and say the same thing or lose credibility . They tried roasting freakin Ellen for talking to George Bush .

The fact is the guy made a mistake in a tweet and felt he had a right to say it .

Who are you to say he cannot say that and Play in the CFL .

Are you the LGBQT thought police who rules on all thoughts and words ?

1 Like