Chris Rudge - can't believe his futility and mind set

I don’t think you understand. If Hamilton gets the game. We know Hamilton fans will pack the place and the game will be a financial success for Mr. Young and zero negative to the league. If Toronto gets the game we know Hamilton will not the visitors because Montreal already has the other spot locked up. So Braley does not buy it and there are 12 000 paying fans in the stands. The league including Mr. Young end up paying for it.

Since Toronto fans refuse to attend, it is better for everyone involved that there is no playoff game at Rogers.

Absolutely and I am a big fan and Argo season ticket holder.
If it happens, it will be embarrassing.

perhaps rudge was just venting or expressing his frustration or disappointment with the lack of fans in the seats??

rudge means nothing to me, but we are all human ehhh

Rudge is awful at running a football team and needs to go asap. His comments reek of 1987 CFL management

Speak of the devil.. Hes speaking right now

Saying that the job is much harder than he thought it would be.

So they don't have a buyer and they don't have the money to get in to BMO.

From what Mitchell of the Ti-Cats sais in the PTS interview I posted the link to before - it sounds like well in advance you have to advise the league if you are buying a play-off game - long before knowing what game you might be hosting or who you would be hosting.

So maybe what Rudge is talking about is perhaps the Argos did advise the league they were buying the home play-off game some time ago - probably in hope that they would be hosting Hamilton again because they would be able to make money like they did with a crowd of 35,000 for the EDF last year. Now if they win and Hamilton lose tomorrow the Argos instead will be hosting a team from the west - and not only will they not sell as many tickets, they will have to pay the travel costs for the Lions or Riders. That's a lot more than the cost of a few busses for Hamilton.

Well when you kill your marketing team 10 weeks into the season, you deserve nothing less.

Sounds like a setup of sorts to me.

As far as the last line…I wouldn’t go quite that far. I mean, some of the stuff he called Braley who has saved the league many a time and a lot of his outright conspiracy theory comments were off base.

That being said, after making those comments, if Rudge is still employed next season, then that is the proof positive the Argos have indeed become a bush team. I mean saying you don’t want to host a playoff game, that your brand is average and that your owner is cheap, would have any other GM, President or Head Coach out the door in a matter of seconds in any other pro sports franchise.

Well a team to be set in the bush, then it really does make it look like, if not already, the league is trying to slowly disintegrate the Argos into some sort of hibernation. If Braley doesn't get what he wants, he may very well do that.

When did he say Braley was cheap..lmao?

He doesn’t say it outright, but here’s the quote.

“It’s a double-edged sword for us because we want to show we’re putting a competitive product on the field, but hosting the East-semi would be a significant economic challenge for us, as the host team is responsible for so many extra costs, including travel for the visiting team,? said Chris Rudge, Argos executive chairman and CEO. “For most teams, hosting a playoff game allows you to generate a big crowd and a chance to make a profit, but we face a different challenge in Toronto and have a limited marketing budget. In order to break even we would have to sell 20,000-25,000 tickets for that game.?

The correct answer is “We’re looking forward to hosting the East-Semi final, as I’m certain that if our team continues to make the post season, challenge for Grey Cups and have a great on field product, that the Toronto fans eager to see a winning team will come out in great numbers.”

Maybe he was traded or cut :lol:

Well Rudge, you don’t have to worry about it now. :lol:

Someone tell Rudge that the seasons over,time to put away the tin cup :smiley:

http://imgc-cn.artprintimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/60/6062/QR2D100Z/posters/mick-stevens-unshaven-man-on-street-in-suit-with-tin-cup-in-hand-and-sign-around-his-new-yorker-cartoon.jpg

Standard Argo contract with Braley and Rudge in charge :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: ARGOS SUCK !!!!! :lol: :slight_smile: :rockin:

Just to show you how much of a good sport I am,I saw this Ad and figured I'd post it for Mr.Rudge so maybe he can save a few nickels on the players cleaning out their lockers,seeing as the season is over and all, and the Cats saved him some money on that dreaded playoff game that Mr.Rudge was worried about being played at the Rogers. :smiley: :rockin: :cowboy: Oh and before I forget,you and the Blue Blob and the rest of your team have a nice and happy off season. :stuck_out_tongue: CHEERS !!! :smiley:

http://blog.toiletpaperworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/GLAD-GARBAGE-BAG-SALE.jpg