Chris Jones hired by Riders as GM and HC

SportsCentreVerified account ?@SportsCentre 26s27 seconds ago
JUST IN: As per @TSNRyanRishaug, Chris Jones hired as head coach and GM of the @sskroughriders. #CFL

SHOCKING!, didn’t see that one coming. :wink:

Should open the gates to a ton of moves now

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0315/9701/products/YHM_Designs_-_Keep_Calm_and_Argos_Suck_14x16_Yellow_Text_Printful-01_small.png?v=1397685767

Since, last I heard, Redblacks had given Maas the freedom to explore other options, the Eskimos head coaching job would seem a natural considering his time in Edmonton.

Would be big blow to Ottawa considering the successful relationship with Whining Hank. Losing Lemon to more NFL tryouts doesn't help Redblacks either.

That TSN report on Jones also stated that he's expected to take most of his Edmonton staff with him to Regina. That should mean a great opportunity not only for, Maas, or Steinauer, or whoever gets the big job, but also for a number of the new HC's closest football friends.

gary lawlessVerified account
?@garylawless
You can take @Ticats DC Orlondo Steinauer off @EdmontonEsks list of HC candidates, told he and Ticats have agreed he'll stay in Hamilton :thup: :thup: :rockin:

I won't believe this report until the official announcement by Whaler.

HE DA MAN! :wink:

Didn't you mean "Winning Hank"........?? :lol:

Ottawa may lose Lemon but they brought Lemon in to replace Whiteside who was injured half way through the season.

No, I think "Whining" more apply describes Burris's actions over the last few weeks of the season :slight_smile:

He barely, and luckily, beat a battered TiCat team playing with a 4th string QB in the Eastern Final and lost in the Grey Cup.

We'll see if the Good Hank or Bad Hank shows up next season, especially if he loses OC Maas to Edmonton.

Interesting observation, following a busy few days in Regina:

gary lawless Retweeted:
...... so #Riders get their 1st (Jones) 2nd (Murphy) and 3rd (O'Day) choices for GM....what a coup!