Chris Jones applies for High School Coaching job

Chris Jones has applied for the coaching job in a High School in his home state of Tennessee. How humiliating would it be if he didn't get the job?

Best of luck to him.

As the janitor? Why not?

I wonder if he broadcasted his application to put pressure on the school or if he did it to motivate another potential employer?

Always an angle with that guy.

2 Likes

Is it the head coach job?
Maybe it's his retirement job, move back to your home town.
According to zip recruiter, a high school head coach in Tennesse makes $41k

1 Like

Or he's parking himself till an owner in the CFL hires him again.

1 Like

The amazing part will be him having to use the players he has for the entire season, instead of signing new players and releasing players throughout the season.

1 Like

Why shame people for taking lower pay jobs? Who knows what his situation is; maybe he has parents or family back home to take care of.

1 Like

As long as the HS isn't counting on him being there for a long time. Meanwhile Rod Pedersen is trashing Canadians for stating a fact: Jones is taking a career dive nose dive.

Or maybe he has plenty of money and just wants to work

1 Like

Boy thats one area that I envy the US. The ability to hire HS coaches as opposed to here where we expect the PE teacher to work another 20 hours a week as a volunteer.

1 Like

...I still distinctly remember each coach/teacher from high school ball...I didn’t appreciate their commitment at the time....when I look back now I see evidence of their impact on my life...

sorry, bit off track there...

...back to CJ, good for him to seek a job to contribute back to his community...but sully, a little freedom to those that reacted harshly, the guy was not universally loved here having burned many bridges in his time in the CFL...the comeuppance reaction is understandable...

1 Like

Is there a link?

yes very true for me as well.

Yes, lets all envy those American high schools where football is more important than education. Go to any High school in the US and you will find "home of the Tigers" or some other name written large on the front of the building. In the meantime they rank around #27 in worldwide testing. Better they should highlight "home of the scholars."

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with promoting schools through athletics.

2 Likes

This is what happens when you reputation catches up to you

2 Likes

Yeah, you completely missed the point. I've coached HS football. There are a lot of non-paid hours put in, obviously. Why do I do it? I guess because I make too much money so this will average my income down; or, maybe you're too lazy or need a babysitter for your children? Thanks for playing, bud.

May it be long term parking then. We don't want Chris Jones back in Canada! Not ever again !

I don't either but if there is some type of merger, he will find employment almost immediately at least it won't be in our country :slight_smile:

1 Like

He is applying for a job at his old high school in the town where he and his family live. He probably has plenty of money and wants to be around family for awhile. Nothing wrong with this at all.

1 Like