Chris Ackie Traded to the Redblacks

According to Dave Naylor, Chris Ackie has been traded to the Redblacks in exchange for a 2nd round pick in the 2019 Draft. Ackie was in the final year of his contract, and there was speculation that he was not going to re-sign with the Als.

The only productive “young” Canadian on the roster.

I was expecting him to be dealt, believe he is a free agent after this season and earlier there were reports he would not re-sign … better than letting him go for nothing

Hopefully more trades to come in the next 14 minutes … anybody need a ST coach with GM experience?

Credit where credit is due ... Justin Dunk identified Ackie as a possible deadline deal:

4) Chris Ackie, defensive back/linebacker, Alouettes
Impact Canadians are difficult to come by so Ackie’s name appearing onthis list could surprise some. But he’s about to hit the open market and if the Alouettes would be wise to get an asset for him now while attempting to re-sign him this winter.
Ackie was a favourite of former Montreal defensive coordinator Noel Thorpe (who is now in Otttawa) and Chris Jones or Ed Herveywould alsovalue an ultra-athletic to ratchet up the physicality on defence. The cost to get Ackie might be worth it if you can convince the former first-round pick to sign an extension.

Failure breeds failure the same way success breeds success.

Manage a team so incompetently that the best candidates for positions, at every level in the org, don’t want to come… and forced to trade away good Canadian talent since they don’t want to re-sign. Turn a 1st rounder into a 2nd, this added to the fact the Als don’t have a 1st rounder the next 4 years, doesn’t bode well for the quality of Canadian talent going forward.

Basically gave away Sutton for 6th rounder, now this… and not much help coming from US scouting.
Until Reed goes, this team will go nowhere, and even after he does it will take a long time to start cleaning up the mess he made.

Years…

1. VERY true

2. NOT to defend Kavis Reed (is it possible?) … but not certain what the worth should have been for a 31 yr-old RB (32 shortly after Grey Cup) coming off an in-season injury, whose average per carry is the lowest of his career (and has dropped for now 4 straight years, and is 1.1 yards less than his replacement William Stanback?

A sixth rounder 50th. pick in the draft is worth nothing. Kavis cleared salary for a lottery ticket.

Suttie gone. Ackie gone. John Bowman…? Team runs fresh out of heroes and is achingly slow to create more.

Ackie was in the final year of his contract, and there was speculation that he was not going to re-sign with the Als.
Gee. Wonder if yeoman-veteran Bede will be a hold-out, too. Who else could possibly make all those clutch 30-odd-yard punts when the Als are behind late in the 4th in a one score game. [less a question; more a statement maybe] Now, if only the Als had an actual experienced Special Teams Coordinator on staff... oh wait, yes they do... but fortunately Kavis was promoted to a position where he could no longer do any direct harm to special teams performance; they surely wouldn't feel his influence from that far remove.

Do not blame Ackie one bit.

Ackie had a good year on a bad team.

And I am OK with Sutton moving on; Stanback has replaced him … IMO Sutton was not going to be back … and I doubt any GM could have gotten much more.

I agree, but it does nothing to improve the team. None of these deals do anything except save money for the next wave of overpaid guys like Jackson.

He’s probably doing a happy dance

Listening to TSN, Ackie was not a free agent this winter, he 's signed to 2019 season, all he had was an NFL window. Wow! Nice spin…

WTF?

Herb Zurkowsky: Also need to say this … Chris Ackie was in the final year of his contract. I can only guess, repeat GUESS, he let it be known he had no interest in signing an extension.

Chris Ackie: False

Chris Ackie was/is a pending free agent. He was re-signed for 1 year on January 15,2018.

Of the 3 players traded, only Philip Blake has a contract for next season; hence, he was re-signed for 2 years on February 9,2018.

Richard

Maybe It was a year plus an option. You claiming Ackie is lying about his own contract?

I think Ackie was saying false to the idea that he wasn`t interested in re-signing with the Als. Which makes the trade all the more ludicrous.

His agent is Hardaway. Not sure if that has anything to do with things.

Herb Zurkowsky?
[ltr]@HerbZurkowsky1[/ltr]
17 hil y a 17 heures
Plus
Also need to say this ... @chris_ackie was in the final year of his contract. I can only guess, repeat GUESS, he let it be known he had no interest in signing an extension. #AlsMTL

Chris Ackie?Compte certifié
[ltr]@chris_ackie[/ltr]
Plus
En réponse à
[ltr]@HerbZurkowsky1[/ltr]

False