Chief Council Meeting minus Doug Brown

This season is rather becoming of the situation, the situation as it stands is damage control. Doug Brown wrote a column last week appealing to the fans; but in my opinion, the tables have turned against Taman or what Bauer believes should happen next? By all indications, it looks as though the pattern of 'blaming the coach' has no excuse to be given. This utter failure exposes Taman as well as Bauer given Dave Ritchies infamous departure. I do not see this team as the same unit as Daley was when with the organization, it's apples and oranges but it comes a close second. The same difference between Daley and Berry acts as a measuring stick: in this case is that what Berry did with Kevin Glenn. With an inferior type of qb, Berry took this team with a huge sacrifice in order. . . and succeeded. (This follows.)

In my opinion, if the Bombers BoD's fail to recognize the pattern of illogical thinking befallen upon Taman or Bauer as pointing toward Berry as the scapegoat, there is a problem. The solution is somewhat more complicated than removing Berry; it lays somewhat on the shoulders of managment at this point. It truly gives us an indication that serves Taman is incompetent provided that Bauer is shown the door. Otherwise, the BoD's have to be written off for lack of intelligent vision. The future cannot rest upon Bauer, even, even if the one thing keeping the BoD's from canning Bauer is the stadium issue. (This follows.)

That Bauer has invested some effort to keep himself around enough that the BoD's won't publically denounce Bauer.

If there's another issue that needs to be addressed, it's that Kevin Glenn has been spent. For a pro to make pro-$ figures, has tested Glenn's ability to perform. Now, Berry has to act 'responsibly' because of Glenn's oversized ego?? Perhaps, but we can't equate Glenn's inability to perform with the likes of a Doug Flutie or Tom Brady. That being said, I do not count Berry at fault for this either. The Bombers went into the season counting chickens before they hatch. (This follows.)

I think Berry would make a unilateral move at taking Bryan Randall and molding him until ready for a start.
With that intent in mind, Bomber fans can suffer the cost of wondering how Dinwiddie will falter? The coaching staff knows how capable Dinwiddie is, however, the task at hand is if the kid can consistently do what is required. They know Dinwiddie is over-zealous at best. Nothing they can do about it. (This follows)

Bryan Randall. That's the guy we go with. Not that it's going to happen though. Berry probably thinks that Glenn can help the team get 3 maybe 4 crippling victories to salvage the year.

As Nacho Libre would say: Let's get down to the nitty gritty.

By all indications, it looks as though the pattern of 'blaming the coach' has no excuse to be given. This utter failure exposes Taman as well as Bauer given Dave Ritchies infamous departure.

In my opinion, if the Bombers BoD's fail to recognize the pattern of illogical thinking befallen upon Taman or Bauer as pointing toward Berry as the scapegoat, there is a problem.

Bryan Randall. That's the guy we go with. Not that it's going to happen though. Berry probably thinks that Glenn can help the team get 3 maybe 4 crippling victories to salvage the year.

As Nacho Libre would say: Let's get down to the nitty gritty.

So, you tire of seeing coaches being thrown under the bus and want to start with QB's now? WTF?

Kevin Glenn is a good, solid quarterback who is very consistent when he's healthy. Kevin had over 6000 passing yards last season, so don't go shoveling dirt on his face just yet. People underestimate the severe trauma KG experienced during the last 5 minutes of the East Final against T.O.

KG and Blink were involved in 2 bad exchanges that resulted in fumbles and a broken left arm when KG tried to recover the 2nd fumble. To have 3 horrific events happen to KG in 5 minutes left him with football PTSD.

It's taken 6 months & 3 1/2 games for KG to finally show signs of recovering from this ordeal. Blink got his 20 carries and KG is getting his pocket presence back. KG will be okay.

On a related note, I'm happy to report that Kevin Eiben injured his knee today against Edmonton. Unfortunately, it does not appear to be career threatening--maybe the Bombers can help Eiben's injury along with a Joe Theisman special--snap, crackle, pop!!!

As far as coaches go, I do agree that a Director of football operations has only so many sacrificial coaches to offer the gridiron gods before he himself must be thrown into the volcano. By my count, Lyle Bauer has one more sacrificial coach left--Doug Berry.

The NFL has shown in the last 5 years that a good head coach can be just as crucial as a good QB or RB. It is foolish to have a Grey Cup contender and pick up head coaches on the cheap like Herr Bauer did after Dave Ritchie.

Ritchie deserved to be fired b/c he fought to keep veterans around that weren't earning their keep. Ritchie did it to himself and the fluke loss against Calgary in the Cup sealed his fate.

I gave Lyle Bauer a directive and an ultimatum; ditch Berry and either take the reins himself this season or hire Khari Jones. It worked for the Argos when they hired Gary Coleman (Pinball).

Lyle Bauer would be wise to heed my counsel :wink:

I remember someone posting a link or two and stating that Berry was canned after the game, though I think that post has disappeared from the main CFL forums it seems. Is Berry still your Head Coach?

Yes. Thank god.

There was no link - only total rumour.

I'm guessing Lyle Bauer is prostrate in front of Khari Jones right now and is begging, "Please, Khari, take the head coaching job! I'll get Bob Cameron to build you a house, no, a castle with a mote and drawbridge! Pleassssssse!!!"

I predict that next week's game against the Stompin' Stamps will be Berry's "Waterloo." The pre-game dinner will be Beef Wellington with a Prussian demi-glace.

Doug Berry is a total ignorant idiot look how it tturrned out for the riders... Marcus Crandal was playing like shit, so they tried their backup.. then that guy plays like shit and they put in darian Durant he plays good and wins the game. THE RIDERS ARE 4-0

now Kevin Glenn plays like shit for 4 games straight andin 1 game Dinnwiddie goes in and doesnt do anything special bt we end up 0-4

if we tried out all of our quarterbacks in the first place we wouldnt be in such a goddamn big mess!!

That's exactly the kind of response I was looking for.