Cheerleader auditions?

From wordnet
(n) exhibitionist, show-off (someone who deliberately behaves in such a way as to attract attention)

from wordreferenceexhibitionist
A noun
1 exhibitionist, show-off

someone who deliberately behaves in such a way as to attract attention
Category Tree:
entity
?object; physical object
?living thing; animate thing
?organism; being
?person; individual; someone; somebody; mortal; human; soul
?unwelcome person; persona non grata
?unpleasant person; disagreeable person
?egotist; egoist; swellhead
?exhibitionist, show-off
?poseur; poser
?hotdog; hot dog

And yes Espo I was seeing if someone had a sense of humour. Apparently not

Does this classify every performer as an exhibitionist then, considering anyone who is performing should be trying to get attention?

Pretty much. Some just are a little more refined than others.

Lol, this argument won't go anywhere.

You think that cheerleaders sell sex, and are bordering on being strippers.

I think cheerleaders are decent dancers meant to pass the time for non-football fans at the game.

And I disagree. I don't mind cheerleaders that actually lead the crowd in cheering. The dancers just shake their assets. They have no interest in the game but rather are continuously gesturing " hey look at me"

So Turbo just how many times have you been rejected by members of the Ticat Dance Team anyway? I mean, you clearly carry a pretty large chip on your shoulder where they're concerned so I figure there has to be some self-esteem issues involved somewhere. There certainly doesn't seem to be a lot of logic when it comes to your argument. How, for example, do you know they don't care about the game? I know for a fact that Lesley is pretty proud of her three Grey Cup rings and is probably more knowledgeable about the CFL than yourself. I also know that the girls go to the Grey Cup virtually every year and work their butts off to represent the Cats in a very positive way. If watching the Dance Team makes you uncomfortable then don't look... the rest of us will certainly enjoy the show.

I am a man silly. Your rant is lost before you start. Don't look? I've had this argument before with cheerleaders at the Bulldogs games. Not looking isn't possible without missing the game.

Besides who said I didn't like to look at pretty girls? If you are going to tease me tho show me the whole show or don't bother. Either way its not a family show.

Turbo- I don't think you are going to win this one. Last I looked these ladies wore long pants even on the hottest summer day, with only their back showing. Does this fit the criteria for inclusion in the exhibitionist category? By your definition and logic, every stand-out player, guy selling pop, and traffic cop would be an exhibitionist. In fact, you by means of these ludicrous posts could be considered an exhibitionist - show-off (someone who deliberately behaves in such a way as to attract attention).

These girls are one of the hardest working teams I have ever seen. Not only do most of them go to school, have one or two jobs, but they also make time to practice, attend games and volunteer their time at charity events. I can only hope my daughter grows up to be like many of these girls.

Do I think I will sway you with any of these arguments? No- In the words of Jeremy Taylor- “It is impossible to make people understand their ignorance; for it requires knowledge to perceive it and therefore he that can perceive it hath it not.?

As for Pablo's rant- I think 1) you (Turbo) should read it a bit closer and 2) he hits the nail right on the head. That dude is one smart cat!

meh, my take on it is that it gets the kids pumped up (and by kids i mean the 8-12 year olds who dont quite know why these girls are intriguing, but still find them fascinating.... these same kids often have troubles sitting through a full three hour football game, so the distraction is welcome if it keeps them not bored so dad can watch the whole game without the incessant "can we go yet" chant from junior. btw, i'm 22, i dont have kids, i just go for the football, but the girls dont bother me at all, dont detract from the game, and can sometimes be entertaining in a non-slutty way.)

I don't expect to win the argument. Someone asked why and I answered. The fact that I feel these girls are far less than wholesome and the majority don't nessasarily disagree but don't care is something that I have learned to live with long ago. They may work hard but frankly I don't care. As for if my daughter grew up wanting to be one of these girls(don't worry more kids aren't an option) I would not support the effort to say the least.

As for the rant, that poster is so wrong its funny. I've met a few of the girls over the years and thats the impression I have of them. Saying they are deserving of Grey Cup rings is as silly as saying TC should get one. THAT is a complete joke and diminishes the value of actually earning one.

Stereotypes are devices for saving a biased person the trouble of learning

Exactly!

cheerleaders have no affect on how a team plays, so why is this even a big issue? why is this getting so much hype, the cheerleaders have affect on hamilton scoring 50 points or giving up 100 points, so why even bother.

NEXT TOPIC PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

CASE CLOSED

When you are part of a Team / Organization EVERYONE should be intitled to enjoy the fruits of thier labors. Just because The Guys out there are taking the hits and getting the praise the entire Org is part of the “team”, from front office to players.
Everyone is entitled to share the prize …at least that’s my 2 cents worth.

IT’S ALL ABOUT TEAM BABY :rockin:

:cowboy:

Only the coaches and the players are the team. Sorry but anyone else except the GM is just like us. They have little or no influence on the results and don't deserve rings. To give them one really diminishes the recognition of what the PLAYERS accomplished. I have a friend who drives the bus for the Hartford Wolfpack. He got a Calder Cup ring. I think its a joke and he doesn't show it off to me anymore. We are still friends BTW

Only the coaches and the players are the team
Tell the players that when there is no pay cheque because nobody sold tickets or got corporate sponsorship - Or when they have to tape their own ankle and fix their own equipment. How many times did we read in the paper in years past that the players are having trouble concentrating on the game due to all the talk of unrest/financial problems in the front office?

To understand a team, it may be helpful to have actually been part of one (or at least a welcomed/contributing part of one). I, and I’m sure many others on this forum, know from experience that team drivers are as much a part of the “family” as the coaches and players - with everyone taking pride in completing their tasks to help the team.

That being said, I can tell you that these ladies work just as hard as the players for game day. I have seen them practice for 2 1/2 hours on the field, under mid-day sun with only 1 or 2 quick water breaks. Having watched many of the Ticats teams practices I know the cheerleaders work just as hard if not harder.

Tell the players that when there is no pay cheque because nobody sold tickets or got corporate sponsorship - Or when they have to tape their own ankle and fix their own equipment. How many times did we read in the paper in years past that the players are having trouble concentrating on the game due to all the talk of unrest/financial problems in the front office?
Tell that to the players where there is no pay cheque because no fans are going to the games. Does that mean every fan should get a ring too?

players and coaches win championships, who cares about a front office employee, they can easily be replaced, a cheerleader can easily be replaced, a trainer/equipment manager/ janitor can easily be replaced, a franchise quarterback cannot be easily replaced.

"Tell that to the players where there is no pay cheque because no fans are going to the games. Does that mean every fan should get a ring too?"

While getting and keeping fans is arguably the most important part of having a financially successful pro team, I would not say they are part of the team.

Those in Seattle may however disagree

With an attitude like this, I’m sure you would make a great leader. In any business good people are hard to find and commitment from both sides make a huge difference. For our sake I would hope our (and my) business contacts don’t feel the same way or one day we may be looking for work.

That being said, a franchise quarterback is hard to replace or in the ticats case hard to find.