Checking Down: News and notes from Week 8

TORONTO — Week 7 provided fans across the league with plenty to cheer for, Andrew Harris made history with Toronto, Trevor Harris had one of his best games to date with Montreal, Caleb Evans continues to impress in the absence of Ottawa’s Jeremiah Masoli, and so much more rounded out the week that was.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/07/27/checking-down-news-and-notes-from-week-8/

So Duke Williams of the Riders has served his 1 game suspension for throwing a helmet at Richardson pregame. But was not fined or suspended for spitting on Richardson. Williams denies that he did the spitting. However IMO because 2 different people two different times have made that allegation, can Williams be believed? Not in my books ! What would prompt 2 different people from 2 different teams a year apart come up with that allegation on the exact same Duke Williams unless there was some truth behind the claim? The League did nothing about that allegation both times. Williams got away with it again this time and knowing human nature I fully expect another separate accusation towards Williams will come up in the future.

1 Like

With Duke Williams being released from his cell to pursue a life of happiness the Riders' Suspended list still remains pretty darned big. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Yes I see that list is pretty darn big, but I think (not positive)some teams use the suspended list as a place holder instead of releasing players. If they are suspended they don't get pay but still belong to the team. That way other teams can't sign them. There sure seems to be a large number of players on the Rider roster (83) scattered between active, practice, 1 game injured , 6 game injured and suspended. In comparison the Stamps have 72 players in all (none suspended). BC has 73 (6 on suspended)

1 Like

Coach Dick has lost control of his gang

1 Like

Yes Craig Dickenson is a nice guy coach. Too nice for most of those riders who are undeserving. What is needed is some real discipline

from a coach who backs up what he says with real action. I mean Craig Dickenson was quoted backing up Duke Williams and Garrrett Marino

Something he shouldn’t have done. Both of their actions were overwhelmingly proved with video evidence before the League investigated making Craig Dickenson wrong for defending them. Proof that he is too weak to be a HC.

1 Like

It's just as well. Craig Dickenson didn't want to be Head Coach anyway (according to this recently obtained video, he didn't want to be a Barber either):

1 Like

Maaax: LOL J According to your attached Video maybe Craig Dickenson should swap jobs with Paul LaPolice.

At least he would fit into the job better! J

1 Like