Cheatwood now an Alouette

Will cutting him come back to haunt us?

I don't think so. His knee is iffy and clearing out players who have been with the Cats for some time will hopefully bring in a new winning attitude to the dressing room.

However, I will feel better about the situation when the Cats sign some legitimate, credible DE prospects. Right now, I don't think we have a current guy on the roster who can take Cheatwood's place.

Interesting, the guy that taught Marcel everything he knows felt that Tim wasnt a risk to bring to camp and felt he was healthy enough to play..... AND he's still in the East.

Not the news i was hoping to wake up to.

We made a huge mistake....

But, he's not made the team yet. He's not playing for the Als. And even if he does, so what?
Are we again going to start that refrain..."He'll come back to haunt us."

Let's allow the program to play out. If Cheatwood sacks our QB next season, I'll apologize. But, for that to happen, he'll have to play much better than he did last season.

Please substantiate your claim with a reference
preferably a link, ticatsackattack.

Never mind I found one click here

"He is coming off an ACL injury, but we feel he’ll be ready if not at the start of the year, close to it. It’s a ‘chance and risk’ signing, but it’s worth it to us,? Popp said.
Maybe thats a chance Montreal can take but not us...we need to bring in players that are will to compete and play for this team all year.

I dont understand how people think he played so bad last year?

He was a force against the run, had nobody helping him at all and was injured.

I dont think he was bad...its just that there is a question regarding whether he will be able to play next year or be ready for the start of the season. With the salary cap you cant pay two players to do one job.

As Jim Popp said.."its a chance and risk signing"
I'm sure they are taking a chance on Cheatwood at a far less price than the Cats would have.

So much for our all Ohio State D-Line

Marcel made a big gamble and lost bigtime.

His mentor, Als' GM Jim Popp,
was eager to sign Cheatwood
as soon as he came available.

From the sportsnet.ca website article

"We think he's one of the best
defensive ends in the league.

He is coming off an ACL injury, but we feel
he'll be ready if not at the start of the year,
close to it. It's a 'chance and risk' signing,
but it's worth it to us," Popp said.

This makes me sick.

Our D-line is going to miss
his veteran leadership.

[b]“I have no idea why Hamilton released him[/b], but he was cut free and we wanted to go and get him. I got on the horn as soon as I saw he was out there and it worked out well for both the Alouettes and for Tim Cheatwood.?
Jim Popp

why are the ticats doomed to be last place every year? does ANYONE honestly believe the ticats have any chance at making the playoffs?

I agree Dumb move by our GM..

Cheatwood’s focus will obviously be on stopping opposing offences, but, he said, [b]it helps to have confidence in your own team’s scoring abilities.[/b]
another former player takes a shot at maas.

maybe marcel is just simply cutting those who don’t believe in maas’ abilities?..which would mean, theres lots more cuts to come.

Hell I agree with Everyone Maas is a Wash..
I don't think he'll be any better this year.
Even with Taff here.

Let's give the guy one more year. Heck, the Giants have stuck with Manning for a few years, can't we at least give Maas 2 years and go from there?

If we have another bad year.
Fans will Revolt..
Stands will back to pre Bob Levels..

we need atleast a .500 season or better.
and we won't get it with Jason Maas at QB.

He is a Lame Duck Cut his a**
or Get him take lower Sallary.and be happy he is a backup..

We need a Starter and Maas is not one.

I'd Take Manning over Maas Anyday..

I'd Take Manning over Maas Anyday..
Thats a very bold statement...going out on a limb??

Drummer_god

"He is coming off an ACL injury, but we feel he’ll be ready if not at the start of the year, close to it. It’s a ‘chance and risk’ signing, but it’s worth it to us,? Popp said.
"I have no idea why Hamilton released him, but he was cut free and we wanted to go and get him." Popp pretty much answered his own question with the first quote. You cant risk having injuried players coming into camp...simple as that.

I bet Cheat spends the entire 2007 season on the Als' IR.