Cheated! (Travel with Ang anyway...)

Last night at the Ticats Minor Football awards dinner, I bid on a trip for two to accompany big Ang to Detroit to go to the Professional Football Hall of Fame dinner, with luxury coach and stay overnight at Hilton. With 30 seconds left I was winning, until a lady grabbed a pen, wrote down her bid and kept the pen so I couldn't increase my bid! Sheesh! I would have loved to have taken my father who has had season seats for over 40 years and I could have repaid him for all those years of taking me to Ivor Wynne.

Lesson learned! :wink:

(One of the benefits of being a mod is I get to add my $0.02 to existing posts when useful)

Not to defend the actions of your aggressive rival in the silent auction there is good news, namely that the whole point of donating to a silent auction is to promote the activity represented by the donation, in this case the trip with Ang to Detroit. It is being organized by the Tiger-Cat Alumni association and they still have seats available
You can get more information at: http://www.htcaa.ca/ or contact Leo Ezerins at leo@cflalumni.org

Cheers, Bob.

Cheated or out witted?

Too late to help you, but since I found these suckers I'm almost never without a pen. When the pen is closed it's only 3.75 inches long, small enough to carry discreetly in just about any pocket. The fact that you can write upside down, underwater, or in outer space is just a bonus. :wink:

http://www.spacepen.ca/StoreBox/classics/400.htm

I'll leave it to someone else to post the relevant Seinfeld clip...

STALAAAA!!!

:oops: Er…

STELLAAAAA!!

what, this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yYTBUebO8M

Its a dirty tactic to remove the pen and prevent someone from upping the bid.

Especially because the money here was all going to charity... not a profit for the seller.

That just makes the person who did this a really selfish and distasteful individual IMO.

Karma will get her back. Maybe the big guy can hit her in the teeth with his cane.

You couldn't find another pen or shout out your bid in the 30 seconds left? If that's true that you got rooked, I'd agree with the previous comment about Karma....

Ah.

That’s just bad karma!

Yeah, I obviously don't do too many silent auctions. Like Beakermania said, it was for charity! I would have increased my bid, but with there being about 60 items and as many or more people all running around there was no one to shout my bid to. Outsmarted? hahaha... k. It would have been smarter to push her out of the way as she wrote her bid at turtle speed to waste time, whilst hanging on to the only pen at that station? I hope the rest of you are right...karma!!! 8)

Why don't you write your dad's idol a letter and invite him to a nice home made dinner ? Maybe he'll be glad to meet a great fan.

Not to defend the actions of your aggressive rival in the silent auction there is good news:

Namely that the whole point of donating to a silent auction is to promote the activity represented by the donation. In this case the trip with Ang to Detroit. It is being organized by the Tiger-Cat Alumni association and they still have seats available!

You can get more information at: http://www.htcaa.ca/ or contact Leo Ezerins at leo@cflalumni.org

Cheers, Bob.

Bob;

This reminds me of the old saying...Fortune favors the bold!

Didn't know it also applied to the silent auction table.

To confirm what our esteemed owner said...If anyone would like to contact me directly please do....leo@cflalumni,org or visist either the Ticat Alumni website www.htcaa.ca or the CFL Associaton website www.cflaa.ca for the details.

Hope to see you there! I know Ang is excited so lets show him how important he is to the Ticats, CFL and the Hammer.

Cheers, Leo

Thanks Bob...
Actually, I did see you with about 1 minute left glancing at that particular auction item! I thought, "OMG, a bidding war with B.Y.". That would have been great. I would have re-mortgaged the house for that! kidding...kind of.

I don't take any bad feelings, I just found it funny that she took the pen! I guess my rookie mistake, like someone suggested, was not having one of my own.

Best,
Michael Kovacs

Thanks for the hard work, Leo. My son, 3 years old, has a football signed by you last year and is identical to the one you signed for me when I was a younger guy.

Anyway, I will make mention of the trip with Ang on my blog for you and perhaps help to fill the bus. (LastWordOnSports.com)

Best of luck,
Michael Kovacs

Michael...

Thanks for your note.

Pretty cool two genrations of Ticats fans have a football signed by me...it is an honour.

Thanks for spreading the word!

Eat'er Raw!