Charlie's Kid!

Drove all the way to Thursday morning's light practice from Toronto... a nice young player wearing a decal-less helmet said "Hi!" to us... I wondered who he was. He got a bunch of warm-up reps while Shawn King stood around, helmet-less, sipping Gatorade!

Found out later (in the Spec) that the nice young guy was Charlie's 18 year-old QB son! He seemed like he's gonna' be a great young player but, what the Hell is he doing taking reps at a professional training camp?

As well, I was in Giddyland this morning... where else can you sit on the same bleachers as Ron Lancaster and (was it really?) Chuck Ealey?

ub40...the guy that was sitting with Ron Lancaster wasn't Chuck Ealy, was Bernie Custis

Thanks Claudio!

It was still an honour... a Buffalo Bills' fan I had with me, who hasn't watched the CFL since the blackouts of the 70's forced him to be a Bills' fan, could not believe that he was sitting that close to the Little General!

I think he'll be attending a few more practices! He was like a kid again!

As well, I hope to Hell that the Cats give a real good look at #0, Kori Dickerson (USC).

Man, that guy can catch, wheel, and turn on the jets! Plus, he has TE size (6'04"- 250lbs)!

Would he be good to jump into the middle pass routes and keep opposing corners honest? Me think so!!!

Very impressive this morning!

Drove all the way to Thursday morning's light practice from Toronto... a nice young player wearing a decal-less helmet said "Hi!" to us... I wondered who he was. He got a bunch of warm-up reps while Shawn King stood around, helmet-less, sipping Gatorade!
Each QB is given 1 day off at a time to stay fresh. Today was King's day off.

The quarterbacks arms take a beating. They have been through
7 days of 2 three hour practices a day so far with 15 days to go.

They need somebody to take some of the load off them, ub40.

It's like baseball coaches pitching batting practice.

If you had been here last year you would have seen the kids
of Greg Marshall and Joe Paopao taking reps to for them.

High School kids or not, they wouldn't be out there
if they couldn't handle the job adequately.

Hmmm… well, having coaches’ kids take valuable practice reps certainly worked well last year, didn’t it?

And, the QBs’ arms Do take a beating, RFTT! THEY’RE QBs!!!

Is Dalton McGuinty having any say in the practice schedule? He seems to like days off!

Hey, its a perk that comes with the job. Besides, it gives the kid some extremely good experience that few others would have - especially if hes going to play QB in college.

As well, you don`t want to have a QB wreck his arm before the season starts. Give the kid a break.

UB40, what is "THEY'RE QB'S" supposed to mean?

Give me a break... they're only human. Pick up a ball and throw it 1,000 times a day for 20 days in a row and then tell me how your shoulder feels.

Rusty! Rusty! Rusty!

I'd wager that each QB maybe threw 10 "frozen rope" type balls on Thursday morning!

They're not being pushed too hard... it'll be OK! Ask them how this camp stacks up against a Division 1A college camp in July/August in the Deep South and you'll get a smile!

My point is... QBs throw footballs! If that hurts their arm, they shouldn't be QBs!

They should try soccer!

A number of pro's spent some of their days around their fathers team. Very common in baseball...Bonds, Griffey, Fielder, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary. The kid spend a few days after school up with his Dad and throw some balls, no big deal.

Also your arm is going to get tired if you throw often for a string of days. Throwing is not the natural motion for the shoulder joint. Just like a pitcher needs a few days off a QB needs one every once in a while.

Pitchers don't pitch everyday in spring training and same with a qb yah they throw footballs for a living but i thought the point of camp is to prepare you for the season not make one feel like hes been through an entire season. I guess youve never heard of over use injuries. last thing u need is all our qbs sitting on the bench with injuries from burnout during training camp. every sport when preparing for it has light days hard days medium days you cant just go balls to the wall it does more harm then good

This is pointless Charlie Son Came here to see his Dad and Throws some Balls.
Big Deal...

we had 5 QB in Camp
This was Charlie Son Helpping his dad.
I see no Problem with this .

UB40, have you ever played a sport? At a competitive level, house league hockey/baseball doesn't count.

I don't want our QB's throwing bombs all day long. If we did that everyday in camp we'd end up having 5 QB's on the injured list and we'd end up having to bring Ron Lancaster our of retirement to play QB.

Taffe knows what he's doing. He's coached in the CFL and NCAA so I have faith in his camp.