Charlie says....Maas is the guy....period.

The Head Coach has said that Maas is the number#1..end of story..that is it..period.

As much as I have been one of the many fans, that think that Jason is not the guy who can lead this Club. I do have great respect for the Head Coach.
And since we can all agree that Charlie has forgotten..more than what any of us..will ever know.
As a fan..I will support his call regarding Maas.
And I suggest some of the many 'other' fans..do the same. Let's get behind our starting QB..like it or not..and give Maas a chance.
As a fan..I believe it's the right thing to do.

Cheers. :thup:

"When you look at the film and you see we were a play away here and there from making it a much different game, those are the things you have to stay positive about."

But Maas said it doesn't get any easier in facing a stingy Argo defence Saturday.

"They're just good at what they do. And I know everybody wants me to throw downfield this week, but if you try to make your living against Toronto that way, it's a long game."

Its going to be a long game if the coaching staff try to employ the same offensive game plan this Sat as wel

http://www.thespec.com/Sports/article/214604

Ken Peters The Hamilton Spectator (Jul 3, 2007)

Win Or Lose, Maas The Man

click here

Taaffe made it clear, in no uncertain terms,
that Maas is the starter. Period.

End of discussion. Stop asking.

"Let me say this one last time, alright?
Jason Maas is the quarterback.

How many times do I have to tell you that?

Jason Maas is the quarterback. OK?

You would have to love playing for a guy like Coach Taffe. I suspect his confidence and no nonsense approach will really rub off on the players.

I sure hope the Football Gods smile on the Cats against Toronto, one little win to give them some momentum could really make a big difference.

In Taafe I too trust. I also suspect there's something else going on here. I believe Taafe, who has mentored several QB's, including a few with shattered confidence, sees tremendous potential in Chang, but believes that potential can be squandered if he's thrown in too much too soon. Remember, he's a rookie in a very unique league. Yes, Ealey did it. But he was, in terms of high productivity, a one year wonder. If we can come out of this with a rehabilitated Maas, and, for the longer run, a Chang that fulfills his true potential, we could be set up for a long time in this league. Charlie is tutoring Chang, and his day will come, but only when Charlie figures he's ready, not just to flash his skills, but to stick in this league.

In Taafe I too trust. I also suspect there's something else going on here. I believe Taafe, who has mentored several QB's, including a few with shattered confidence, sees tremendous potential in Chang, but believes that potential can be squandered if he's thrown in too much too soon. Remember, he's a rookie in a very unique league. Yes, Ealey did it. But he was, in terms of high productivity, a one year wonder. If we can come out of this with a rehabilitated Maas, and, for the longer run, a Chang that fulfills his true potential, we could be set up for a long time in this league. Charlie is tutoring Chang, and his day will come, but only when Charlie figures he's ready, not just to flash his skills, but to stick in this league.

Maas was fine.

What the offence has to do is two fold:

1. Stop taking stupid penalties.

2. Get receivers open downfield.

As much as I have disliked Maas's performance as a Tiger Cat since day one, I defer to Charlie.
What choice does he have now? A high priced lacklustre QB versus an inexperienced rookie with what appears to be lots of potential.
I assume Charlie is buying time and working with Maas to see if he can finally show us something.
I have a hard time figuring out how he can cut two great players like Hitchcock and Morreale in the blink of an eye... yet stick with a QB who has yet to show anything. He must see something of value.
Maybe Charlie is wise to let all of this QB stuff play out and then make his move. But I still wonder how many bad performances/losses he will accept before a change is made.