Charlie-future?

Excuse me if i`m wrong but if Sask. loses today wouldnt that make the same finish that they had last season ?

If this is correct , does this still mean that Barrett cant coach ??? Just wondering ???

I am starting to get critical in how I look at any coach and wont show pleasure till he proves himself after this nightmare of a year!

Charlie Taaffe is a proven winner as a coach, i.e. when he is allowed to run his own show with no meddling from the team's hierarchy.

This is speculation on my part, because I really don't know for certain, that his coaching schemes were actually meddled with, but I'm guessing with a new VP and GM, they were.

Mitchell and Desjardins both had a lot to prove in 2007 and one or both of these guys failed miserably.

I continue to feel, however, that Charlie can coach and should have at least one more season to test his already proven skills with no interference from anyone else.

Lets get that new GM into position very soon so Charlie's fate can be decided. I hope he stays.

Interference?? What makes you think, and can you prove it, that there was indeed interference? How do you know that Charlie did not give the blessing to cut 1 player or another, or to play a specific QB over the other?
I can bet you that if Charlie felt one way or another, he would have said it, and stuck to it. So what if there is a power struggle? It is Charlie’s Team, and HE decides who plays, who doesn’t, who gets cut, and who stays.
Whatever decisions were made included Charlie’s knowledge, and approval. Otherwise, he or anyone else in his position, is only a ‘puppet’ coach.
So, I would submit, that Charlie is as guilty of the Ticats’ woes, as Marcel is.
They only had room for 1 scapegoat, though.
The Eagle - - - :thdn: :thdn: :thdn:

Habman:

Well at least Sask made the playoffs. I’ve forgotten what thats like.

(Eagle) Interference?? What makes you think, and can you prove it, that there was indeed interference? How do you know that Charlie did not give the blessing to cut 1 player or another, or to play a specific QB over the other?
(Rocky123) This is speculation on my part, because I really don't know for certain, that his coaching schemes were actually meddled with.

Mitchell and Desjardins both had a lot to prove in 2007 and one or both of these guys failed miserably.

Eagle: You present a strong argument by quoting only part of my post. For your interest and others who may wonder where I’m coming from with my “SPECULATION,” I have entered the part of my post that you so carefully omitted.

I can’t prove anything for or against either argument, but I never said I could. As a matter of fact, I used the words, “I don’t know for certain.” Hence “SPECULATION.”

I hope this helps to clear things up for you.

Hey Habman:

Quit wondering.
See what happens when you give former Tiger-Cats a chance to shine (unlike the lousy talent-spotting we have under Charlie) and are not afraid to change your head Coach and GM when it looks like they don’t have what it takes to take their team any further?
So c’mon Scott Mitchell. Bring on a new G-M and Head Coach again. “Continuity”…what a joke. We don’t have anything worth continuing with in the coaching department. After 2007 I see no potential whatsoever other than a handful of very good players who are in desperate need of good coaching.

I'd like to see Jesse at the slot and be a Fantuz-like, even better though. Shorter runners like Roberts don't seem to get injured as much. I wonder if Jesse wouldn't mind playing slot? Probably would mind but who knows. Not sure about his catching abilities either. But with his speed, I think he could be a first-rate slot in the league.

Jessie Can’t take a hit at RB
At Slot He’ll get killed. The Safteys in CFL will eat him for Lunch

Probably right on that one Onk.

The future of Charlie is in the hands of the new gm, 100%. They said they want a top knotch proven cfl man, you cant get one of those as gm and tell him who his coach is gonna be, it doesnt work that way. They new gm will decide who the coach is or they wont get a proven guy.

If it is true that a new GM will fire Taaffe and bring in his own people I thought I would throw these combinations together:
If it turns out that...

-Obillovich is the next GM then he might hire Chapdelaine as HC.

-Taman is the next GM then he might hire Greg Marshall as HC.

-Rita or Mohns is the next GM then he might hire Rich Stubler as HC.

What do you think?

The first two scenarios are quite plausible. However, I don’t think Stubler is leaving Toronto. It has been a fairly open secret that if Pinball were to relinquish his coaching duties that Stubler would succeed him. Steve Buratto might be an easier bet if Rita or Mohns were to find their way to Tigertown.

I’m partial to the Obie/Chapdelaine scenario, more for the Obie part. LOL

We shall see if Taaffe is able to keep his job under a new GM.

Oski Wee Wee,