Charleston Hughes is now a Ti-Cat , trade with the Stamps

just reported over on 3DN . No mention or details of who or what we sent Calgary's way in exchange .

Plays same position as Tracy
He is 34 yrs old, but had 11 sacks last season and 16 sacks in 2016 season

Traded for Manziel hopefully!!

Mods we have a double posting on this topic . If you could possibly delete or merge it would be appreciated . It looks like LetsgoCats and me both got the news and posted at the exact same time .

Thanks .

On the face of it I really love Charleston coming to Hamilton. Of course I am basing this on previous years performance but he brings swagger and confidence to the D-line. He has one of the more charismatic personalities in the CFL too... Curious to know what the other half of the trade was.

Welcome to Tiger Town Charleston!

From TSN:

Stampeders trade All-Star DE Hughes to Ticats
The Calgary Stampeders have traded All-Star defensive end Charleston Hughes to the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in exchange for two fourth round draft picks. The Ticats will also receive a fourth round draft pick in the trade. Hughes was named a CFL All-Star last season after finishing with 40 tackles and 11 sacks in 14 games for the Stampeders.

Along with Hughes we also received the Stamps 4th round pick (34th over-all). In exchange we sent them our 4th round pick (28th over-all) and a 4th round pick in the 2019 draft .