Charles Roberts comments about Berry

This is taken off ourbomber.com fan site. It is Roberts talking about coach berry.

chuckdiesell1

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:58 pm Post subject: Thank You!

I would like 2 personally take the time to thank each and everyone of you have supported the bluebomber orginization and myself over the years. that support has been greatly appreciated. I will miss winnipeg greatly as i have many friends on the team and in the community. When i came to winnipeg eight years ago i would have never imagined being there for so long but it has truly been a great experience. So again I say thank u!.

Now I am sure you all are intersted as to know what my feelings are on the whole trade thing. first of all I am sad 2 go but am excited about the oppurtunity of playing somewhere, where i think my hard work, determination, and love of football will be appreciated. the natural reaction for me would be to be enraged, and ordinarily I would have been considering what i have done for that orginization. I am not however because of the events leading up to the trade. brendan called me into his office aboutg eight o clock monday night and as i got to the stadium doug berry and i pulled into the stadium parking lot at the same time. Once he figured out it was me, he mysteriously pulled out of the parking lot and dissappeared. For a man to have publicly claimed that the reason for trading me is because i had lost a step how come he couldn't face? How come he ran off like a coward instead of facing me man to man and telling me what he felt. I played as hard or harder for him than anyone on that team in his years there and that is how he treated me in the end. All i have to say 2 that is he got rid of me and he probably doesn't realize that he is next and they don't trade coaches. I will not publicly disrespect the team that i have loved for so many years like they did me but i just had 2 say that again i say thank u for ur support

You think he could have shaken Charles hand and wish him good luck....wow!

At least Charles is going to a class team and organization. Welcome to BC, CHARLES!

Good luck with that.^

that coward coach is done in the cfl, throwing players under the bus, refusing to acknowledge accomplishments, tantrums on the sidelines, and cant even handle the heat and talk face-to-face, wow, this guy is a piece of work. Blink will get his 1000 yards rushing and will continue to be effective.

Can't be any worse than a player in jeans who would rather garden or shop than be with his team on the sidelines. When Roberts gains 1 yard in BC, that's 1 more yard that Joe Smith would have gained the rest of his season with his ass parked on the bench.

That's fair logic I suppose. I don't blame you for it. In fact, I don't blame Joe Smith for it either. I still think you guys took something that doesn't truly belong to you. Either you think so as well, or we're just agreeing to disagree.

Also, about what charles said. . . that's not to be judged. Roberts is larger than life that he purposely compared himself to Berry, and Roberts leads us to believe that this was the case with Berry (in the 'parking lot'.)

If you think about why Berry got to the stadium, it couldn't be to meet with Taman at the same time Roberts showed up. Otherwise, Berry would have expected to see Roberts there. Roberts has a history to take things to a level that they're not, and this is no different of Charles.

Roberts is talking trash, so he accused Berry of the same thing. . . and EXPECTS Berry to "shake my hand".

Give me a break.

(Oh, my gosh. . . I like just used my brain, it's located hidden somewhere between the skeletal structure.)

Seriously, if you guys love this tabloid stuff, keep it real and down to a football level. That's all I ask. Roberts could've chosen not to resort to trading insults. Point being if Berry gets fired, fine. But I still rather see Taman out the door with Bauer following. The play-offs is still within reach. Did Roberts say: I hope you guys make the play-offs. . . "I wish I could help you do it."

Now that wouldn't be classy, right?

Give me a break. BC aren't in last place either, right? Yet, HfxTC eats what Charles says up.

I'm sorry, but this stuff is getting to be too much. Let's get back to football, not this Joe Smith-is-a-smack-talking-gardner-buono-changing-diaper-maid.

Those posters on ourbombers need to buy themselves a clue.

What do you mean, doesn't belong to you? Apparently your management did not want him and/or he wanted to leave. Fair game the way I see it. Hope you enjoy Mr. Smith as much as we will enjoy Mr. Roberts!

Hmmm. Yeah. We wanted to trade Roberts. That's exactly right.

Kind to think of it, so much of the Lion fans have brainwashed into Buono-speak, they've become albino themselves. But as for Mr. Smith is concerned, Buono outcasts the guy. But, when Smith is listening the gardener is the CFL's leading rusher. I wonder why Buono trampled on Smith's garden for? Hmmm. That's fresh.

Yup.

http://www1.cfl.ca/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=29016

go here^ and use your brain. (Need you be asked.)

Let's face it, even poor wally gets a tad bit pouty sometimes. The fans in Winnipeg will embrace joltin joe; just don't forget about good old Buono. They're fans l-o-v-e him. pfft. pleaze.

Any team can get 1 yard with three downs. That's easy.

:cowboy:
Hmmm. Yeah. We wanted to trade Roberts. That's exactly right.

Kind to think of it, so much of the Lion fans have brainwashed into Buono-speak, they've become albino themselves. But as for Mr. Smith is concerned, Buono outcasts the guy. But, when Smith is listening the gardener is the CFL's leading rusher. I wonder why Buono trampled on Smith's garden for? Hmmm. That's fresh.

Yup.

I consider myself reasonably intelligent. But I have no clue what the hell this means. Can someone please translate this for me? Is there really good weed in Manitoba that I don't know about because that is a possible explanation for what I just read.

...lol, zing...

We don’t know what exactly occurred in the past two and half years, but up until recently, Berry has always had nothing but praise for Roberts on the field.

It would be cowardly for Berry to now criticize Roberts and not do anything about it (ie trade him or cut him).

imo, this move just shows that Berry has the balls to make the tough decisions.

Many fans thought this team was making a mistake by holding onto too many overly comfortable veterans, and they were right. Somebody has to clean up the mess and that’s the coaches job.

This part of the quote says all I need to know. If this is indeed Charles Roberts, he just showed that he thinks he is above and beyond all the other players on the team. And that from a guy who bragged at times about how he did very little in the off-season to stay in shape. If I'm the other Bombers, I'm offended.

Let's give me some credit here, (reading between the lines from where your from.)

All I meant was, "Let's face it, even poor wally gets a tad bit pouty sometimes. The fans in Winnipeg will embrace joltin joe; just don't forget about good old Buono. They're fans l-o-v-e him. pfft. pleaze."

It means in buono's fairy-tale land, joe smith had a knack playing football. So much so, (how's this for an explanation) Smith already knew what he had to do to run. In Buono's dimension, he is "the coach" and what he says goes, which is to say he was power tripping UNNECESSARILY so. (Smith, being the mild mannered football type player that he is.)

If you need that spelled out for you even more, better sit this one out sport.

Well said man, well said. For anyone that knows anything about football, Roberts was done.

Really? You don't think he has a case that he has done more for this team than any other player over the past few years? Who's been the rock of this offense? Who's rushed for over 1000 yards year in and year out? How do the Bombers fare when Roberts doesn't rush for 100 yards in a game? When Khari Jones was on the decline and they were trying everyone from Kevin Glenn to Tee Martin at the QB position, who was the guy carrying the mail on what was left of the offense?

Honest to God, the sheep mentality of standing behind the coach no matter what is mind-boggling. Coaches are human beings, folks. They can make mistakes great and small just like everyone else. In case you haven't noticed, most running backs DO have an attitude. It's part of the job. They're like goalies in hockey. Running backs play the most punishing position in football but have an average career of 4-5 years. No kidding they're a little high on themselves, paranoid, and mistrustful.

Roberts is dead on. He's being made the scapegoat, but the entire Bombers team is dysfunctional.