Character: Austin Delivers It.

I firmly believe this game turned around when Austin ripped Proulx a new one in the 2nd half...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! YYYAYYAYYYAYAYAYYAYAYYA!!!!

Austin's anger upsets some people's sensibilities, but think of the message it sends to the players around him, maintaining intensity and refusing to accept incompetence. Did Cortez or MB establish that kind of mindset ?

To me, that tantrum was an embarrassment.

Did Proulx even have anything to do what that call? Are reviews conducted elsewhere?

prulx or whatever his name is had alot todo with the call it was his crew that called it a incomplete pass. And as a player to see fire in a coaches eyes gets u fired up austin coullda did the ol cortez move and stick his sharpy up his nose and then wined about the call after

I liked Marcel Bellefeuille while he was here, he was clam, analytical and improved our team by leaps and bounds, but knew sometimes you simply have to yell at a player, or another coach or a ref to get your point across. Kent Austin is exactly that, only that his on the field mindset is he's going to war. I sincerely hope Kent Austin sticks around with this team.

Post game interview by Austin

http://www.ticats.ca/video/index/id/91833

Austin has built a great team that will just get better , very creative with Giving our good backup Qb's playing time and the wildcat was a winning touch , lots to look forward to in the Hammer a competitive ,winning football team and a Brand new stadium ! :thup: :slight_smile:

I thought they called it complete, and that he was down by contact.

And as a player to see fire in a coaches eyes gets u fired up austin coullda did the ol cortez move and stick his sharpy up his nose and then wined about the call after
But if the call was made in the command centre, why is he throwing a tantum at Proulx? Is that where reviews are decided?

Yes, the call came from the command Centre in Toronto by Jake Ireland.

C’mon man, thanks for ruining my night :stuck_out_tongue: :x :wink:

I had long forgotten about him :lol:

Not to ruin your night even more but you are aware he was voted into my the hall of fame this year?

I agree with you all. Austin called a great second half game and, certainly deserves his kudos.

This was an interesting call in that it was partially reviewed by the Command center and partially by the Refs on the field. The Command center did overturn the ruling on the field and called it a fumble, but it was then the refs on the field who ruled that it was not recovered before the whistle blew, resulting in the ball being awarded to Montreal for a third down.

Montreal then punted, which we ran back fifteen yards to within 10 years of where we would have recovered the fumble had they not blown the whistle early.

True and thankfully this did not factor into the final result. That said, this is something the league should review in the off season

austin brings what cortez lacked accountability,,,hopefully we can finally carry some momentum on a consistent run here into the playoffs

I liked MB too - but unlike Austin you never got the feeling players would go to the wall for him. Obie hinted at that when MB was let go.

Can you expand on this? I’m not sure why Austin shouldn’t be more accountable. He brought in his own players. Cortez inherited every player on the team and was not in control of the GM position like Austin is. Apples to Oranges in my opinion. Not sure why many posters on this board have such a hate on for Cortez.

Kent Austin stated from outset that there would be accountability and by his ACTIONS over the course of this year, so far, the players clearly know that he means what he says.But, by the same token, they also know that he gets results. They’re assured that if they stick to the game plan and execute it well, success will likely follow. He also brought us a great DC. That too is a major difference from last season.

After many, many, many years floundering in the wilderness, I think, we finally have a REAL head coach and coaching staff.

Cortez most certainly was in total control. He ran the show here - insisted on it before he was hired.

Cortez is certainly a good coach but as a head coach he never got players “believing” in him. It was widely reported how he alienated players from the start of training camp.
Point is contrast that with what Austin has managed to establish.

So, what you’re saying, is that Proulx screwed the pooch on that one?