Changes Required

At QB it simply seems that Casey Printers operates in slow motion - you will watch a game where he is playing and he will seem under pressure ALL THE TIME - the reason for this is he simply does make quick reads and as a consequence he does not get rid of the ball quickly - it makes the O-Line seem porous and the receivers seem inept at getting open - but this simply isn't a fair evaluation.

The proof was in the pudding when Quinton Porter came into the game - same O-Line, same receivers - the difference? - Porter got rid of the ball when the receivers were making their first breaks - he didn't hold onto the ball until the DBs closed on the receivers - it was astonishing to see that the Ti-Cats could actually have a QB operate succesfully in the pocket - with Printers it was / is impossible - the only way to have him quarterback the team is to move the pocket or roll him out constantly - to have him in the pocket risks a sack evertime as he simply does not get rid of the ball - scrambling should add a dimension to the team not be a given every pass play.

Now when we are in the red zone as we were in this last game can we PLEASE utalise the run, sweeps, screens, quick hitters, designed QB runs - smart, hard-nosed football - something that will not simply allow the defence to come with pressure easily shutting us down - we had a great chance to win this game not only tie it and just played into Winnipeg's hands when we were down close.

Much has been written on this forum about Jesse Lumsden - now I was a huge Lumsden fan but at some point his apparent inability to play makes you pull your hair out - Caulley is a great back - use him as a work-horse as if Lumsden doesn't exist - don't go away from the run just because Lumsden isn't available - and for the love of god DO NOT sign Kenton Keith - whatever you get in talent is more than neutralised by the fact that he is an A-One A-Hole - he had a terrible rep in Saskatchewan and simply threw away his NFL career in Indianapolis - and no other NFL team would touch him - KLZCat

"
The proof was in the pudding when Quinton Porter came into the game - same O-Line, same receivers - the difference? - Porter got rid of the ball when the receivers were making their first breaks - he didn't hold onto the ball until the DBs closed on the receivers - it was astonishing to see that the Ti-Cats could actually have a QB operate succesfully in the pocket - with Printers it was / is impossible - the only way to have him quarterback the team is to move the pocket or roll him out constantly - to have him in the pocket risks a sack evertime as he simply does not get rid of the ball - scrambling should add a dimension to the team not be a given every pass play. "

thanks for saying that!!!

Alot of people will now say that Porter is the next QB just like they said with Williams.

I myself am looking at it this way, The Bombers prepared for Printers, they didn't prepare for Porter. They didn't know what to expect from Porter since there is probably limited tape to study of him and the Bombers expected and saw Printers start and assumed he would finish.

If Porter gets a start he might not do as well as he did in this past game because the opposing team will perpare for him. But he could do as well too. Right now it's unknown how he will do.

Killic

8) If Porter does get the start, it couldn't come at a worse time. Playing against Winnipeg is one thing, but the opposition talent goes up significantly when you face BC.
With the talented front four that they have, it could make for a very long, ugly game, as far as Porter and the rest of his offence are concerned  !!!   <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

tipper:

Why the concern? We only have 2 wins this season. What makes you think Casey and Ritchie will do any better than Porter..who looked pretty good against Winnipeg?

8) mr62cats, I was pointing out that BC is going to be a lot harder to play against than Winnipeg !!
 Do you think that they are they same, talent wise, compared to Winnipeg ??

I didn't say that Casey or Ritchie would do any better than Porter, did I ????

I was only concerned about what could happen to Porters confidence level, in the event of a complete blowout and humiliation  !!!

I hope he does get the start. Either it will show that he is for real or it will bring alot of people back down to earth. They probably won't do that though. They need to maintain the mystique that he's the quarterback of the future in order to market season tickets when the prices are raised again this year.

tipper:

Again...I was asking why the concern?
Of course BC will be tougher to beat than Winnipeg. All I was saying was Ritchie and Casey haven't been able to beat BC..so whats to lose giving Porter a chance?

perhaps the thing to lose can be found by looking back at the timmy chang experience. he looked good and then got trashed against argos. never seemed the same after the trouncing.

Or perhaps was never given another chance after that trouncing.

never seemed the same? he was never given another chance

he actually got 2 starts vs the argos. labour day and the rematch the next week.

if i am not mistaken, chang was pulled in the labour day game, maas came in and threw at TD late in the game.

the following week, timmy threw 4 ints, williams comes in in the 3rd qtr and leads us to 2 tds in the final frame.

timmy had chances and got pulled in both

it's very rare for a team to hold on and try to develop a qb. there really is not point. when williams got in last year after sitting on the bench the previous year, he played well

that's why williams is #2. you only have so many chances in this league. if you don't step up right away, they get rid of you.

it's an 8 team league, one teams trash is another's treasure (Calvillo!)

for whatever reason, it just didn't work out for chang. there was a lot of promise in the kid but unfortunately when the games actually mattered, he couldn't cut the mustard.

i hope he does well in winnipeg and proves us all wrong.

so whats to lose giving Porter a chance?
I was only concerned about what could happen to Porters confidence level, in the event of a complete blowout and humiliation !!!