Changes need to be made NOW..

.....Did this mess end??? I couldn't watch till the bitter end ...Disgraceful....Get a qb. in here now....Whatever it takes....Burke says it's a comedy of errors ...cripes... he's the big clown providing the laughter....Three ni o linemen have to be brought in ...fa... trade or draft....Get a Quarterback to at least seem legitimate.....Burke says he needs a beer....I need a case of Gibsons Finest.... :lol: I can't imagine how the Bomber management can let this fiasco continue....What a sad mess and embarrassment to this franchise :thdn: :thdn:

Not impressed by Boltus? Good thing we've got Levi Brown already in tow. :slight_smile: :wink:

....Good to see we've still have one untried qb. in the fold....cuz it's getting awful thin :lol:

At this point I don't mind the beat downs, just makes the decisions that much easier when they blow it up and start over.

Burke doesn't seem too worried. Which makes me think they plan to start from scratch. Why not...

They will indeed start from scratch. The first question though is who is they. They need to figure out who will be the GM and then HC or if its a person that's a combo of the two.

How about the expansion draft? Are there enough players on the roster to even want to protect at this point to keep around for next year? Just off the top of my head since I don't know which of these guys might be pending FAs:

QB - I don't know if you protect any of the three. If I had to pick one of the guys on the roster it would probably be Hall. Maybe you swing a trade after the season and get one of the promising youngsters like Drew Willy, Collaros, etc. I don't know if it would be possible to swing a trade before the season ends.

10 imports - Hall's a pending FA and would like a NFL look so I think you leave him open. If they could somehow get him to sign a new deal then he's a keeper but I won't hold my breath. So Turner, Anderson and who else? vets like January, Edwards, and/or Jovon? Secondary guys like Stewart Washington, Suber, Markett? Young guys like Wild or Dunn? A receiver like Kelly or Denmark or do you just assume you can afford to lose one of your import receivers? Did Aaron Woods show enough in his few games to warrant being protected?

6 NI's - Henoc. If he's not traded by then or signed to a new deal, I would still protect him in the draft. If he's left exposed Ottawa takes him for sure and it would be much harder to sign him in FA and he's as good as gone. At least if he's protected you can still try hard to get him signed to a new deal before FA and show him he'll be a centerpiece of the D for the future. Kohlert - no brainer to me, he's the best NI receiver and the guy doesn't miss many games from injury, makes tough catches. Sorensen, Greaves, Pencer, Swiston? I'm guessing those just because we can't really afford to lose what few NI Olinemen we have. That leaves Etienne, Poblah, and Watson exposed as well as both or NI dline in Lucas and Thomas.

1 kicker/punter - Brody McKnight? Renaud? Certainly not DeAngelis.

I think you can come up with names to fill out a protected list but really, after the first couple names in the import and non import category, it seems to me there are not many automatic "must haves" on this roster. A number of guys have kind of played themselves from being a keeper at the start of the year to meh, I could take him or leave him. For some guys it's almost like you are almost hoping Ottawa will help you make changes by taking certain guys off your list.

Burke knows he is gone. He looks like he is in actual pain on the sidelines watching this disaster. He would welcome a firing at this point. He wants out. He is embarassed. He is now making unprofessional jokes in his press conferences after each loss, just like Taaffe did with the Ticats right before he got gassed. The writing is on the wall, and Burke knows it. I strongly suspect the secondary quit on him this week after he threw Washington under the bus last week. He has lost the room.

Winnipeg will be on par with the Redblacks next year in terms of team building. They will have to basically field an expansion team because almost all of their current players aren't good enough. Mack trashed this roster, and the Winnipeg BOD just sat idly when he did so. They should shoulder a lot of the blame for this, too.

There is no way Henuac Muamba re-signs in Winnipeg. If he did, he would have no chance at a Grey Cup for at least 5 years.

I'm not even sure a FA QB like Collaros would want to sign there. Who is he going to throw to? Who is going to protect him? And does Winnipeg have the money to go after quality FA's to fill those holes in one year? They have to be mindful of the bottom line after all, knowing that they have a huge mortgage on IGF.

Watching last night made me wish we were back in...get ready for this... the good old Mike Kelly days. That's how bad this embarrassment of a team is. I never thought I would feel this way about the Bombers and I've been a Leaf fan since I was 5 yrs, old, so I know what embarrassing means.... I find myself watching to see what new ways we're going to find to lose. Only one word.. SAD !

The defense didn't play all that badly, really. They were given the impossible task of playing with a turnover factory on the other side of the ball, and their offense was outscored by the Lions D. Boltus had what, 6 yards passing in the entire third quarter?

If you're on the defense and you're facing that, what do you do? I think they played hard most of the game.

Guys like Brandon Stewart are angry because of that. Stewart lashed out at the Pierce thing, but IMO that was just heat of the moment. He's angry in general and that just set him off. A lot of people are piling on him for that, but I say: good. The fact that he's angry shows that he gives a damn.

Burke knows he is gone. He looks like he is in actual pain on the sidelines watching this disaster. He would welcome a firing at this point. He wants out. He is embarassed. He is now making unprofessional jokes in his press conferences after each loss, just like Taaffe did with the Ticats right before he got gassed. The writing is on the wall, and Burke knows it

I'd say he's disgusted but I think Miller will keep him and Kyle, Miller has played this game, I'm sure he knows there is a talent problem on his team. There just isn't anyone out there who is available unless your willing to take someone who's pleaded guilty of sexually assaulting a little girl and I don't know that Miller would want Tillman and his politics anywhere around him.

I strongly suspect the secondary quit on him this week after he threw Washington under the bus last week. He has lost the room.
Not sure why you say that. Defense played a strong game.
Winnipeg will be on par with the Redblacks next year in terms of team building. They will have to basically field an expansion team because almost all of their current players aren't good enough. Mack trashed this roster, and the Winnipeg BOD just sat idly when he did so. They should shoulder a lot of the blame for this, too.
Your could argue the Redblacks are in a better position. No baggage carried over. Bigger Wallet, Better Draft picks. Expansion draft... and if the Winnipeg fire Burke they will probably pick him up as a DC. Since Desjardins knows him well.
There is no way Henuac Muamba re-signs in Winnipeg. If he did, he would have no chance at a Grey Cup for at least 5 years.
He never had any intention of extending. He was offered the moon last year and turned it down. Not sure his stock went up this year. Saw zero sign of leadership from him this year, he's no Emry or Scherrit. He does all his leadership on Twitter LOL!
I'm not even sure a FA QB like Collaros would want to sign there. Who is he going to throw to? Who is going to protect him? And does Winnipeg have the money to go after quality FA's to fill those holes in one year? They have to be mindful of the bottom line after all, knowing that they have a huge mortgage on IGF
They will have to compete with a few teams for any successful QB they want to sign but that is always the case.

....As far as the entry draft goes, I'm being hard pressed to find a qb. on the roster worth protecting....I guess Hall just because he's a warm body. ...Not impressed with him as a starter...Agree Kohlert, Denmark ....H.Muamba...Hall, Turner, Anderson on d if we can re-sign him,,, are definites....The quality ni o line guys for sure....Kickers are up in the air...wouldn't feel bad if any of them were taken...McKnight has to prove himself so I doubt Ottawa would want him...The rest are up for grabs BUT don't worry, based on this years performance ...I can't see any of them drawing a lot of interest...especially when you look at what is available on other teams :roll:

First off, somebody needs to remind the coaching staff that this is the CFL and that you have to start NI's on your O and D lines, even though they may struggle, you have to suffer with it. Them you load as many imports as you can at the skill positions and hope for the best.

No pain no gain it's that simple.

Winnipeg's play right now is to improve their NI through trades with teams that stand to lose some during the expansion draft. What they will want however are draft picks. No point in giving up a player to take another body on.

Desjardins could be blowing smoke but I thought he said they wouldn't look at taking guys who are pending free agents as they could just as easily get them at that time. I would have no problem giving up a pick or two if meant getting a NI starter from another team now, but he would have to be under contract or at least agree to extend, then just protect him in the draft. It's not like the Bombers have a pile of talent to lose on the current roster and you may not have to protect guys who are pending free agents anyways. If they play their cards right, the Bombers could come out as winners when the dust clears after the draft and still have a pot of money for free agencies.

He said he would be careful... In other words if a player comes to them and says I want to play for you guys then he would be interested. They will do their homework and Popp said that Desjardins is connected enough to be able to recognize the "funny business" that will be thrown his way.

For sure there is a deal to be made with both Saskatchewan and Montreal for quality NI olinesmen. If I was the Bombers I'd try and get one from each team. Then sign one or two during free agency.

.....So who in their right mind would go to Ottawa...asking for a job, knowing the only team you may beat next year is the Bombers....This rag-tag bunch they'll assemble, will be as lost in the wilderness (for the first few years) the same as the Bombers in 2014 and most likely beyond....Of course they could come up with a Ricky Ray and make some noise but all in all I see them struggling in their infancy...To expect anything else would be a stretch....Popp can't put the Als. back together never mind Ottawa :lol: ..I do agree with your comments that the Bombers have to go after premium ni oline players...at least 2...Whatever it takes and that includes pics....We're most likely going to draft o line first in any event and to sign a quality one through trade or fa would speed up the process....cuz we need help NOW..Quarterback is paramount....Looking at our pathetic situation at the pivot spot it's obvious....RUMOUR today is that Max Hall has done a runner back to the states (no loss anyway)...They tried to find him after the game with no luck....Penton, the scribe, says he went south...kind of like the whole team :lol: If this is the case, I really don't blame him after the way Burke is jerking the qbs. around but in the final analysis will we really miss him...What a circus :lol:

Ottawa is a great destination. Great ownership, Southern Ontario, great weather, pretty town. New stadium, direct flights to Dulles and Newark. As long as they hire a coach players want to play for they won't have any problems getting players.

Your assumption that they won't be able to compete is dead wrong IMO.

Can't blame Hall. He was pulled again and this time for no reason at all. He said F.... em...

....Look hfxtc...I know Ottawa is a great town, I have spent some time there.....One of my sons runs two sports bars there (lawyerJock frequents one of them)...Been to Senators games and know they have good sporting fans there BUT please don't tell me they are going to be all over the RedBlacks from the get go....I've sat in the pub and watched the patrons push to have the nfl games put on the big screens and want to pre-empt the CFL game that was on air....They've got a lot of work to resell the game in the capital...I know they'll be successful but if you're trying to sell me on the fact players will be clamouring to sign there and it's a prime destination ... Tell me another one... :lol: