Changes for 2023 - your wish list please!

Yeast called-out Danny Mac on the field after a pass sailed over his "outstretched T.Rex" arms. Lancaster lost it, and I'm sure he cut Yeast on the way to the locker room. The guy had a bigger attitude problem than Speedy, Owens, AND AB3 combined...

3 Likes

I don't think it's an obsession at all . TiCatfan94 is an avid fan of the team .She thinks Grigg could make our team better . He may be genetically predisposed to be as good as his dad was . There's really only one way to find out . Sign the kid and give him a shot . We signed Durant and how did that turn out ?

2 Likes

Ticat coaches do a thoroigh review of Grigg; just like any other player; and sign him only if he adds value to the team.
Durant had demonstrated earlier in his career with Calgary that he was an effective reciever; and thus he was signed.
With our poor performance in 2022, even one spot, is one spot too many for nepotism on this roster.

(As for the Argos; I would swap results with them in a heart beat; regardless of their antics)

1 Like

Not sure I understand the true meaning of your remark Bobo82. Perhaps the moderators can weigh in?

I guess that perhaps you are not a Beatles fan then ?

1 Like

You do realize Anthony Grigg also set up the game winning field goal in last years panda game right and i've seen him play in person you likely have not !! Ungerer University stats were better then his cfl stats and its the most recent stats that matter . I was at one of the 3 games Anthony Grigg had 2 touchdowns at so i know what i'm talking about Skill wise .

1 Like

Not a big fan of comments that suggest violence is a logical alternative for poor draft results.

Anthony Grigg would 100% add value to the team . At one Time Durant may of been Reliable/ effective but not so much anymore .

2 Likes

Grigg doesn't constantly fumble balls like Ungerer and Durant have multiple times the catches he couldn't / didn't make with the canes were bad throws or DPI.

1 Like

1st team all star , 2nd team all canadian actually . Ungerer University stats also aren't relevant right now when he has been a ticat since 2019 . Grigg's canes stats are from this year so are relevant to him being signed .

No suggestion of that here at all whatsoever . I was merely pointing out the coincidence of the Cats selecting a player with the same name of the guy who shot John Lennon . It would've been no different if the team drafted somebody named Lee Oswald for example . I apologize if what I said in anyway somehow offended you .

1 Like

nep·o·tism

/ˈnepəˌtizəm/

[

noun

noun: nepotism

1. the practice among those with power or influence of favoring relatives or friends, especially by giving them jobs.

Nobody suggested that Grigg be given a job . He has no friends or relatives with the Cats . His dad is an alum .

2 Likes

This season Durant was disinterested at best/or stealing a pay cheque at worst . It was a good try by management but he was a bust .

2 Likes

He seemed to be another Sam Giguere. I don’t think his head and heart were in it, probably missed being out west. Can’t imagine the team re- signing him, he might even retire.

I guess we’ll see what Drew Allemang thinks of Anthony Grigg if he gets a camp invite. You do see the occasional junior player like Jevon Cottoy break into the league but it’s pretty rare these days. Want to see more of Ternowski and Kiondre Smith, and maybe the team goes after a bigger Cdn receiver like Justin McInnis or Brescacin in free agency.

2 Likes

Tanner Gaskill-Cadwallader played in the cjfl for london in 2019 prior to joining the cfl also . I know for a fact current Ticat Anthony Federico was a hurricane for two years prior to going to queens .

1 Like

True if he gets a camp invite it wouldn't be favoritism when his stats / film and being named all star would be what earns him that.

1 Like

If I recall Matt Coates was a receiver that came from the Hurricanes. He was around here during the Austin era.

3 Likes

Yes you are correct

2 Likes

Current Ticat Anthony Federico got invited to be on the practice squad / be around the team in late 2017 after he finished playing for the Canes for two seasons while he was going to niagara college . He went to queens after but Drew Allemang clearly was impressed with Federico back in 2016/ 2017 :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hes against inferior competition. In a different league. Of course he has good stats. Ungerer is, at best, a fourth option. Hes not even the best on his team. Pump your breaks on a junior player. He hasnt been drafted nor invited to a camp yet. Lets hope he turns out to be half decent but I'm not holding my breath. Guy couldnt make it at the OUA last year.

2 Likes